Ravens' LT Eugene Monroe Released after No Trade - Retired

@RapSheet

It's pretty rare for a starting caliber LT to be available in June. A now-healthy Eugene Monroe gives the #Ravens that luxury. A move coming

@RapSheet

Expectation is that #Ravens OT Eugene Monroe won't be on the team by the end of Thurs. Could even be traded or released by the end of today

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ravens are so much smarter than us - that we should look to stay away and do the opposite of our impulse. They would never hire Rex Ryan.

Haha. I hate that this is kinda true. We should send the Ravens a card for developing Tyrod for us. If we drafted him, he probably won't be on the team anymore.

He's signed for high-end RT/low-end LT money right now, so I'd entertain the idea provided that they can get out of the deal in a year or two if a cap crunch occurred

without looking....

id venture the ravens would be on the hook for nearly all the dead money at this point. and within a year or two if there is any guaranteed $$ left, id be shocked.

without looking....

id venture the ravens would be on the hook for nearly all the dead money at this point. and within a year or two if there is any guaranteed $$ left, id be shocked.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/eugene-monroe/

Looks like his new team would get him at base salaries of $6.5M, $6.75M, and $6.75M for the next three seasons if they didn't touch his contract.

The Ravens are so much smarter than us - that we should look to stay away and do the opposite of our impulse. They would never hire Rex Ryan.

I'm not a big Rex fan, but didn't he work for the Ravens from 1999-2008?

March , 2014, he re-signed with the Ravens on a five-year, $37.5M deal.

Looks like about $6.7M the next 3 years

I would try to re-sign Gilmore and save some cap if Tyrod turns out to be a good starter.

It's all about cap space for now.

This

CBF

Looks like his new team would get him at base salaries of $6.5M, $6.75M, and $6.75M for the next three seasons if they didn't touch his contract.

yup - but addressing your comment about getting out easy, if left untouched there would be zero cap hit for cutting due to the ravens paying his signing bonus.

you could definitely do worse for spending a late pick to get the guy on this deal instead of letting him hit FA. i havent watched a ton of him, but assuming hes still playing decent ball.

yup - but addressing your comment about getting out easy, if left untouched there would be zero cap hit for cutting due to the ravens paying his signing bonus.

you could definitely do worse for spending a late pick to get the guy on this deal instead of letting him hit FA. i havent watched a ton of him, but assuming hes still playing decent ball.

Oh for sure--I posted that to confirm your suspicions

And he could be cut at any time with no cap penalties by a new team. Looks like Buffalo has about 11-12 million in cap space, they could easily send a late pick to Baltimore and secure him for a year and see if he works out at RT. Minimal risk, he's been injury prone the last couple years, but could be the solution at RT. If they cut him, he could be signed for cheaper likely, but would he come to Buffalo?

I'd send a late round pick for him myself, worth the risk and you know the Doc would clear him...

He's signed for high-end RT/low-end LT money right now, so I'd entertain the idea provided that they can get out of the deal in a year or two if a cap crunch occurred

Any price you feel is too high? High end RT is one of those strange positions in terms of value.

Any price you feel is too high? High end RT is one of those strange positions in terms of value.

I think Monroe is basically as high as I'd go for a RT.

The team showed last year that they can run the ball effectively with what amounted to patchwork on the right edge. Obviously I'd prefer to have a good pass protector like Monroe over there, but yeah, he's basically pushing the limit of what I'd pay.