Former Bills to Open High End Steakhouse in Buffalo

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys do know Rob Ryan is on the coaching staff now, right?

Great point!

Simple answer is - No.

I am biased because I personally find high end steakhouses to be boring. They are all pretty much the same tired cookie cutter concept and menu. Who cares?

I kind of agree and kind of don't. I prefer little ethnic restaurants to fancy steakhouses.

But some steakhouses - like Tom Colicchio's Heritage Steak in Vegas - are special.

I don't think a steakhouse is a great investment. Yikes.

Mr. Boyst62,

While I normally agree with this sentiment, this PARTICULAR steakhouse is important. Big job for my company.

So excited to learn who's behind it!

That place was SO good!! I thought that it was a lot better than the Chophouse.

EB Greens is SO good!! The place is still open in the Hyatt building and much better than the highly overrated Chop House. Not as good as Russell's though, but that's not in the city. As far as SEAR goes, it's in the same building as the Embassy Suites, so they are going to get a lot of business people to dine there as well. So, I think it will succeed.

Side note, since I mentioned restaurants in hotels. A stone's throw away another new high end restaurant, Patina, will be in the brand new Westin Hotel which also houses Delaware North. The hotel will be managed by a recently returning Buffalonian, who managed the Waldorf Astoria in NYC...

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/former-waldorf-astoria-executive-comes-home-to-westin-buffalo-20160419

Buffalo has a lot of good restaurants. It's great to see more opening!

Edited by ricojes

I wonder if this new steakhouse will be as "high end" as Sestak - Maguire's was?

$5.75 for lobster? Who eats there? The Rockefellers?

I don't know if it's the best location. True it's just a block off Chippewa but it's a fairly blah area.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Stayed at the Embassy there late April and one of the employees told us about the restaurant. I was happy to hear Fred and Moorman were involved but surprised about McGee. Should be a nice place.

McGee lived at the Avant when he played here.

Simple answer is - No.

I am biased because I personally find high end steakhouses to be boring. They are all pretty much the same tired cookie cutter concept and menu. Who cares?

Buffalo can't support 2 high end steak houses? I live on The Mississippi Gulf Coast with a population of about 350,000. There are about 8-10 high end steak houses that all do very well. Seems strange that Buffalo can't support 2.

Buffalo can't support 2 high end steak houses? I live on The Mississippi Gulf Coast with a population of about 350,000. There are about 8-10 high end steak houses that all do very well. Seems strange that Buffalo can't support 2.

BR Prime is one of my favorites!!!

Well the Gulf Coast is more touristy than Buffalo. That said SEAR isn't far from the medical campus.

Mr. Boyst62,

While I normally agree with this sentiment, this PARTICULAR steakhouse is important. Big job for my company.

So excited to learn who's behind it!

my uncle worked USDA meat inspection in wny. Despite not a large herd number, the beef packaging business is strong in the area.

Well the Gulf Coast is more touristy than Buffalo.

And, at least for me, Tourist Dollars are like Monopoly Money, like it's almost no good for anything once the game is over! (I'm trying to improve my tourist skills, but's that's the way it usually goes.)

Buffalo already has 2 high end steakhouses in the city in EB Greens & Chophouse. IMO EB Greens is much better. Chophouse is overrated. I think they both do very well though. I think if it is done right, no reason why this one can't be successful either.

I don't know, they have a pretty strong group. The restaurateur has a following and they have the right people involved. This isn't a kitchen being run by someone's cousin. The have the guy from Oliver's involved.

I've never been to Oliver's, but you talking as if it's a good thing that the guy from there is involved gives me some hope. I've been to Creekview and it kinda sucks. Overpriced TJIFriday's level food with a very good location. I know it's the same guy, but if Oliver's is good maybe there's a chance for SEAR. That'd be nice because I do like the sound of dry aged waygu steaks.