Tyrod's best throw?

Full disclosure...I'm a Tyrod fan. I think he has what it takes to be a winning QB. But I also thought that about Trent Edwards, so take that with a grain of salt.

Having said that, I was going through some of last year's games and remembered this toss from week 2. Unless it was a fluke, it gives me hope that I'm right. Not many players can do this while on the move. He had a bunch of perfect deep passes too, but this one had a harder degree of difficulty, considering the defense was sitting on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnTAiCZOW88

Edited by QB Bills

Definitely a good one.

#7 in Atlanta could flick it like that back in the day also and have the same skillset with the legs.

I believe TT is smarter by a lot and hopefully the skills and the brains combine to be great.

I'm a Tyrod fan too, but even EJ uncorked a few beauties now and again.

The mark of the professional is consistency.

Tyrod needs to prove he can make more throws more accurately more of the time.

But he has already shown good progress and I think that will continue this year, even if opposing defenses have more tape of his work and tendencies.

He should get a little more comfortable and better all the time.

:thumbsup:

I watched a few videos.. to refresh my June memory of last season. Some good throws... some excellent runs.

Tyrod is good. Potentially great. Potentially the keyword. He is unproven in the franchise category (I hate that cliche, but it did work here).

Having said that... I'm OK with the Bills not extending his contract. Two discounts are:

• the hometown discount
  • the "I'm a rising player, and you can sign me for less than my future value today"

I don't believe Tyrod is offering either discount.

My favorite memories of Tyrod were @ Miami. He only threw it 12 times, but he seemed to be faking out the entire D with such ease, rolling out so quick, calmly setting his feet with rushers in his face, hitting Clay wide open setting up big time YAC. I see Vick 2.0, with touch and instincts like Flutie flakes and he becomes Russell Wilson when he escaping the pocket. If we don't pay him now, we may not be able to afford him. Being his second year with all the same faces on O (cept Hogan) he will light it up. Whaley should be sweating. He needs to figure something out soon or Tyrod could end up with Brock money, somewhere else.

My favorite memories of Tyrod were @ Miami. He only threw it 12 times, but he seemed to be faking out the entire D with such ease, rolling out so quick, calmly setting his feet with rushers in his face, hitting Clay wide open setting up big time YAC. I see Vick 2.0, with touch and instincts like Flutie flakes and he becomes Russell Wilson when he escaping the pocket. If we don't pay him now, we may not be able to afford him. Being his second year with all the same faces on O (cept Hogan) he will light it up. Whaley should be sweating. He needs to figure something out soon or Tyrod could end up with Brock money, somewhere else.

I think Whaley is prepared to have a Franchise QB. Is it our little buddy Tyrod Taylor ?

Gosh I truly hope so. I really and truly do.

We can afford him next year if he has a breakout year. Reports from camp although very premature, are that he's come across commanding in the huddle and of the offense. Also, that he has been throwing with decisiveness and accuracy over the middle.

We'll see when we get to pre-season games, and eventually September. I certainly hope he is our guy. On a separate note, NFLR was breaking down Nick Foles and his $6 mil bonus is already paid by the Rams, so he basically would cost $1.75 mil to have his services for a probable 7th round pick.

I'd take him over EJ in a heartbeat, and can EJ now. I read EJ just looks awful out there in OTA's. Again, it's early, but I want that guy gone before we have to rely on him for another Jags game.

This line of thinking got us in trouble many many times! We have got to stop this. Ralph wasn't as cheap as some of the fans here.

The floor for his contract is $18M and the ceiling is about $20-21M. Not worth rushing to sign him now when it's just a matter of $2-3M more a season and $4-6M more guaranteed.

I am a Taylor fan and am excited to see him progress. But let't not confuse passing with quarterbacking. It's great he has a cannon and can make amazing things happen with his legs, but when he can get us in better plays or out of worse plays at the LOS the majority of the time, then I will say we have our franchise QB.

GO BILLS!!!

I watched a few videos.. to refresh my June memory of last season. Some good throws... some excellent runs.

Tyrod is good. Potentially great. Potentially the keyword. He is unproven in the franchise category (I hate that cliche, but it did work here).

Having said that... I'm OK with the Bills not extending his contract. Two discounts are:

• the hometown discount
  • the "I'm a rising player, and you can sign me for less than my future value today"

I don't believe Tyrod is offering either discount.

Tyrod from his attitude believes he gave the discount already since he took contract which paid less that he was offered as a backup.