Marquise Goodwin Listed on SI's 50 Fittest List

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mikerodak

Bills WR Marquise Goodwin says he is "not really worried" about contracting the Zika... http://es.pn/1tuwS7k

Ck7aQJlVAAApkHt.jpg

He's also "not really worried" about catching passes, running routes, or being a Buffalo Bill in September.

Don't get too close to the football field this week, Marquise...we don't want you tripping over a yard marker and ruining your Olympic dreams!

Goodwin Grateful for Bills Olympic Support

Bills WR Marquise Goodwin knows how lucky he is. In a league as cut throat as the NFL, being given the opportunity to take a hiatus from football to pursue his Olympic dream of a gold medal in the long jump is a rarity. But head coach Rex Ryan and his offensive coaches have supported Goodwin’s dream wholeheartedly and the receiver is grateful for the organization’s backing.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Anyone else see that the Pats*** have a player (DB Nate Ebner) who is competing to make the US Rugby "sevens" team?

The difference, in my mind, is that Belichick knows Ebner will be running, tackling, and probably in better shape to play football than his guys who will be at TC. He's also a former 6th round pick who contributes primarily on ST.

There's a good chance he'll not be able to do enough to make the 53 this year and that's totally on him.

On this i agree.

Given the proportional size of that hat, it's safe to say he was born a victim of Zika.

Tasteless, Weo.

as so many have said, and is true enough. You can do better.

@emilymkaplan

.@flashg88dwin straddles NFL security w/ his Olympic dream. On the incredible journey, and risk, of the Bills' WR: https://t.co/F46vfAuK0u

Cle2J4gWEAA5nYW.jpg

Takeaways:

This dude has somehow managed to LOSE seven pounds......hence the muppet-look at the podium.

Then his first reaction to how much he cares about football isn't that he wants to win a championship or become a great player or teammate........it's........"I want a second contract"......and he wonders why people question his dedication to the game. :lol:

His wife wants the NFL to know that he won't be in "football-shape" until after the final roster cut-downs..........so please don't judge him......we don't want to have to get.....gulp.....jobs! :sick:

After choking in the Olympics and doing jack squat in his first two years in the NFL he wonders why Nike cancelled their endorsement deal with him after he got his ribs busted doing one of the dumber things you will ever see on the field......running blindly back toward a 350# DL and all but assuring yet another year of doing jack squat as a pro athlete.

He feels that he *deserves* an endorsement deal because he has a double degree from UT, loves his family........and does charity events.......which he has time to do because he makes $700K per year, doesn't have anywhere he has to be 10 months of the year(when he's not on IR or in the offseason), has no kids etc.............what a trooper........Nike should give him $200M so he can focus on his food blog! :lol:

You don't get star treatment when you are a fringe player.............and when you squander talent people don't admire you.

He misled his employer into investing millions of dollars into him, for a job he wasn't committed to. At its core, that's dishonest.

How the hell do you know what Goodwin told his employer? And how do you know that whatever he told them was false and led to the Bills "investing millions of dollars into him"? What provision of his contract did Goodwin violate? Is there a provision in Goidwin's contract that says football has to be the number 1 priority in his life, or is it just your opinion that there should be such a provision? Again, I do not understand the irrational hatred of this guy by Bills fans.

Takeaways:

This dude has somehow managed to LOSE seven pounds......hence the muppet-look at the podium.

Then his first reaction to how much he cares about football isn't that he wants to win a championship or become a great player or teammate........it's........"I want a second contract"......and he wonders why people question his dedication to the game. :lol:

His wife wants the NFL to know that he won't be in "football-shape" until after the final roster cut-downs..........so please don't judge him......we don't want to have to get.....gulp.....jobs! :sick:

After choking in the Olympics and doing jack squat in his first two years in the NFL he wonders why Nike cancelled their endorsement deal with him after he got his ribs busted doing one of the dumber things you will ever see on the field......running blindly back toward a 350# DL and all but assuring yet another year of doing jack squat as a pro athlete.

He feels that he *deserves* an endorsement deal because he has a double degree from UT, loves his family........and does charity events.......which he has time to do because he makes $700K per year, doesn't have anywhere he has to be 10 months of the year(when he's not on IR or in the offseason), has no kids etc.............what a trooper........Nike should give him $200M so he can focus on his food blog! :lol:

You don't get star treatment when you are a fringe player.............and when you squander talent people don't admire you.

So what? If the Bills don't like it, they can cut him...and another team will sign him in 5 minutes, because, as you have acknowledged, he has talent, despite the injuries.

Why the hatred for this guy? Players squander talent all the time, in much less admirable ways: laziness, overeating, drug abuse, assaulting women and ending up in jail...And I would argue that Goodwin's football problems have more to with bad luck than they have to do with his "hobby". Can you prove otherwise?

Edited by mannc

Goodwin's answers to those questions are even more irritating.

Basically, "I don't want to work at my job for fear it could jeopardize my hobby."

That's ridiculous. Becoming an Olympian and possibly winning the Gold is far from a hobby. It's a dream. He's pitting himself against the best the entire world has to offer. That is not something you can just give up on.

If the Bills want to allow him to occupy a training camp / preseason roster slot then that is their choice and I wish him well in Olympics but if he is not in football shape but cutdown day then he should be put on the PUP list and be activated IF and WHEN he is in football condition since even he and his wife said do not expect to be in football shape by August.

Goodwin’s feats in two elite professional sports speak to his impressive athletic abilities.

I however do NOT see what feats he has done with his 20 receptions and 22 kick returns to have his Bills career included in his impressive athletic abilities.

Looking thru list of athletes on there noticed ex-Bill Chris Hogan is #38. In additional to his receptions he did some great blocking and played a lot more than 22 plays on special teams. I wish lacrosse and rugby were as popular as some of the other sports like golf; interestingly not one golf player made top 50 men or women list.

How the hell do you know what Goodwin told his employer? And how do you know that whatever he told them was false and led to the Bills "investing millions of dollars into him"? What provision of his contract did Goodwin violate? Is there a provision in Goidwin's contract that says football has to be the number 1 priority in his life, or is it just your opinion that there should be such a provision? Again, I do not understand the irrational hatred of this guy by Bills fans.

So what? If the Bills don't like it, they can cut him...and another team will sign him in 5 minutes, because, as you have acknowledged, he has talent, despite the injuries.

Why the hatred for this guy? Players squander talent all the time, in much less admirable ways: laziness, overeating, drug abuse, assaulting women and ending up in jail...And I would argue that Goodwin's football problems have more to with bad luck than they have to do with his "hobby". Can you prove otherwise?

I don't hate the guy I merely have very little respect for him. Why you care so much is the more interesting question.

I get it.........this forum has some people who would gladly mislead their employer("I'm a football player first who just happens to run track") and leverage every opportunity to have them pay for them to not do their job so they could pursue non-paying interests in financial comfort.

I understand that it's easy to find socio-economic examples to support selfish behavior.............but that is still a huge character flaw.

Men have traditionally judged other men based on the "would I want this guy in a foxhole" with me.........and frankly, this guys actions have been ultra-selfish so he would probably use mannc as a human shield and then when everyone else has starved out he will bust out the vegan cheesecake he had hidden in his man-purse.

No-account, selfish mofo's are in abundance................but guys that run a 4.28 and have tremendous movement skills for a WR are not...........so we appreciate your sacrifice mannc. :thumbsup:

The way to handle people that use is to keep them at arms length, use them back and top-grade them out the second they lose value.

You could argue that NFL teams already do that.........but that's just the nature of the profession.

That doesn't speak to his teammates, the personnel people who put their reputation on the line for him, the fans who support the game that pays his salary etc..

To that point about a user,...........the second he is back on the field he has my full support because I want big plays and touchdowns.......and the quickest way to get him back on the field is for him to tank again in the Olympics and get him focused on that "second contract". :devil: Hence, I am rooting for another faceplant for Goodwin in the olympics! :worthy:

Nothing personal, I just want to win football games..........couldn't care less about anything else he does because I don't respect how he's handled the privilege of being a Buffalo Bill. :thumbsup:

I don't hate the guy I merely have very little respect for him. Why you care so much is the more interesting question.

I get it.........this forum has some people who would gladly mislead their employer("I'm a football player first who just happens to run track") and leverage every opportunity to have them pay for them to not do their job so they could pursue non-paying interests in financial comfort.

I understand that it's easy to find socio-economic examples to support selfish behavior.............but that is still a huge character flaw.

Men have traditionally judged other men based on the "would I want this guy in a foxhole" with me.........and frankly, this guys actions have been ultra-selfish so he would probably use mannc as a human shield and then when everyone else has starved out he will bust out the vegan cheesecake he had hidden in his man-purse.

No-account, selfish mofo's are in abundance................but guys that run a 4.28 and have tremendous movement skills for a WR are not...........so we appreciate your sacrifice mannc. :thumbsup:

The way to handle people that use is to keep them at arms length, use them back and top-grade them out the second they lose value.

You could argue that NFL teams already do that.........but that's just the nature of the profession.

That doesn't speak to his teammates, the personnel people who put their reputation on the line for him, the fans who support the game that pays his salary etc..

To that point about a user,...........the second he is back on the field he has my full support because I want big plays and touchdowns.......and the quickest way to get him back on the field is for him to tank again in the Olympics and get him focused on that "second contract". :devil: Hence, I am rooting for another faceplant for Goodwin in the olympics! :worthy:

Nothing personal, I just want to win football games..........couldn't care less about anything else he does because I don't respect how he's handled the privilege of being a Buffalo Bill. :thumbsup:

BADOL, so you are saying Glass is a bad teammate. Do you have any evidence that Goodwin is disliked or resented in the lockerroom due to the reasons you have identified? For that matter, do you have any evidence that the injuries he has suffered as a Bill were caused by his pursuit of his track career, as opposed to bad luck or just being small? I agree that he has been a disappointing draft pick so far--especially since Markus Wheaton was available and picked next by the Steelers--but I would argue that that is primarily because of injuries. He still has enormous untapped ability and potential, which is what makes this a topic worth discussing, still. Edited by mannc