Carucci thinks right side could be worse

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think having Kromer out first 6 weeks hindered the OL. Good coaches use those games to improve technique of players but was THAT addressed by Vic? No.

Jordan Mills I think has the starting RT spot position; they could have tried to see if he got offers and try to pay him less but choose to give him a one year $1,671,000 contract to prevent it.

Once again the #1 predictor of OL play is continuity. In fact it's the ONLY factor that correlates positively in regards to OL play.

I like this point. Continuity on the O line is huge!

And this is a top reason i feel the Bills will produce a better, more stable offense.

Does the OL have continuity? Mills did

Once again the #1 predictor of OL play is continuity. In fact it's the ONLY factor that correlates positively in regards to OL play.

I like this point. Continuity on the O line is huge!

And this is a top reason i feel the Bills will produce a better, more stable offense.

Is there OL continuity? What defines continuity?

Jordan Mills was RT at end of year but he was not even on roster at start of year - he joined when Kromer returned.

John Milller was RG most of time but for a good portion of season he was not even starting guard.

Jordan Mills was RT at end of year but he was not even on roster at start of year - he joined when Kromer returned.

John Milller was RG most of time but for a good portion of season he was not even starting guard.

Continuity meaning the same guys return. Mills joined 2/3 of the way into the season and can't have learned everything he needed to know. He will now. As for Miller, he started every game in which he appeared and now has his rookie year behind him.

Same O coordinator, Same O line coach same LT,LG, C RG, and Mills, Hendy or Cyrus. all 3 of those guys got reps at RT.

In the NFL thats pretty good to keep all those guys going into the season under the same program.

Beggars can't be choosers :thumbsup:

True, but I think Bandit was suggesting that Tyrod often took too long to get rid of the ball, and he's right.

Maybe, but Taylor also had one of the highest yards per catch totals too. He was trowing some bombs and that doesn't happen when you are simply trying to move the chains. The Bills like stretching the field vertically. Actually their run 1st tendencies often sucked the defense in close to the line of scrimmage and then the pass would go over the top. There are a lot of reasons why Taylor led the league in holding the ball. Some of that can also be attributed to the OL holding up for him. Many factors to consider.

Biggest fallacy in NFL... mobile QBs avoid sacks. Michael Vick is the fastest human to play QB ever. He was sacked a ton. Quick decision making and ability to slide in the pocket is what matters. Aaron Rodgers is the perfect combination of intelligence and athleticism. But any day any game intelligence wins in the pocket over speed.

So we are moving our NT to OT?

Interesting

why not.

The moon is made of cheese, and minions live in the center of the earth.

Take the only NT and move him to the O line.

why the heck wouldn't you ?

Biggest fallacy in NFL... mobile QBs avoid sacks. Michael Vick is the fastest human to play QB ever. He was sacked a ton. Quick decision making and ability to slide in the pocket is what matters. Aaron Rodgers is the perfect combination of intelligence and athleticism. But any day any game intelligence wins in the pocket over speed.

I think its the opposite...mobile QBs tend to take more sacks because they try and extend plays more than pocket passers who know they have to get rid of the ball quickly.

Rodgers, Vick, Roethlesberger, etc all got and get sacked a TON due in large part from escaping the initial rushers and extending plays where they sometimes make huge plays and sometimes take sacks...

True but mobile QB's also take more sacks because they keep plays alive. That has it's upside in that you sometimes see more mobile QB's have less intentional throw aways or rushed throws, but you also risk more sacks and fumbles. In the end good QB decision making is the key factor but sacks with mobile QB's can be a misleading stat. If a QB scrambles and loses a yard or makes no gain that counts as a sack even though throwing the ball away would have resulted in essentially the same thing maybe one yard more but it doesn't count as a sack.

Edited by billsfan89

I agree and It's also about the middle of the line being very strong so that the QB can also step up in the pocket if the need occurs. This is where Miller at RG is the weak link in pass blocking and the entire right side of that line can collapse. So far Whaley has learned that he needs talent on the O-line to have a decent offense and eventually he will learn that those five men need to be a solid, cohesive unit that develops strong continuity. Not just three of five good players.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2016/05/25/bills-have-gaping-hole-right-tackle/84914864/

Speaking of Aaron Rodgers that poor guy was the very best by far and has taken some serious beatings over the years in terms of sacks and concussions. Holding on to the ball while waiting for the receivers to break open isn't always the smartest move or scheme. Big Ben fits this category too.

OTOH, Brady doesn't wait and usually either finds his target or throws it away. This past year was sort of unusual for ole Tom as he took more hits towards the end of the season then I've seen in the past. Kinda surprising that Belichick waited until the 3rd round to draft an OG and they did get another OG in Cooper from the Cards. Will it be enough? I hope not!