Bills' 2016 Organized Team Activities - Week 3

Because it's wrong to expect a lot of those who are financially/professionally favored by the systems in place?

When in that position it's important to remember that you can't make everyone happy.

I often point to the Art Modell example.........he spent much of his time that would have been better spent elsewhere keeping up a facade and overpaying players and staff members for years because he wanted them to like him and in the end he wound up with so much debt that he effectively HAD to sell or move his team and betray millions of fans.......the one group he actually owed loyalty to got the horns. Instead of being remembered as one of the great owners in sport the one time leader of NFL owners in the 1960's is now remembered mostly as a pariah to all but a few former employees.

Nowadays most people that work in companies with hundreds or thousands of employees don't interact daily with the actual owners of the business so perhaps you are misunderstanding but business is business and the NFL is not just a game.

I think it's completely reasonable to expect people to be high performers. I was more referring to the comment about people paying you and you're paying not being friends. I've had some amazing friendships with both employees and bosses. Hell, I was the best man in my bosses wedding, he was the best man in mine, and I've had strong relationships with VPs and CEOs at my various companies, both when I was someone on the front lines and when I was part of senior leadership.

Art Modell clearly didn't get it, but there's a ton of companies that don't.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's completely reasonable to expect people to be high performers. I was more referring to the comment about people paying you and you're paying not being friends. I've had some amazing friendships with both employees and bosses. Hell, I was the best man in my bosses wedding, he was the best man in mine, and I've had strong relationships with VPs and CEOs at my various companies, both when I was someone on the front lines and when I was part of senior leadership.

Art Modell clearly didn't get it, but there's a ton of companies that don't.

If you are performing well at your job.....all of what you posted above is possible.

If you are performing well at your job.....all of what you posted above is possible.

I think it's a sign of a great company too. Gallup even asks on the Q12 if you have a best friend at work, because that's one of the most important indicators of employee engagement.

The media policy specifically impacts coverage of the OTAs and it was first posted in this thread. It might not suit your tastes, but it's perfectly germane to the subject.

I'll be honest - I hate that the mods do this because I think it really weakens conversation. I started to go back and gave up in frustration because the thread had no focus except for the vague catchall-ness of "OTAs." It's one of my main frustrations with the site now, truth be told. That said, whatever.

Until further notice, I will not do Astro-Notes at Bills Training Camp practices until the Bills change their policy.

If you're serious, the policy only applies to OTAs and minicamp that are both closed to the public. It's not applicable to Training Camp at SJF.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

HUGHES: "I'M 100 PERCENT NOW" (6:01)

DE Jerry Hughes talks about his offseason wrist surgery, the new additions on defense and more.

GLENN: "I'M STILL HERE TRYING TO GET BETTER" (3:38)

LT Cordy Glenn talks about inking his new deal, having the whole offensive line back in 2016 and more.

OT Glenn grateful to overcome obstacles

It was an unusual situation that Bills offensive tackle Cordy Glenn was in a couple of summers ago. Heading into the 2014 season it was made known that Glenn had an undisclosed medical condition and would miss an undetermined amount of time in training camp and the preseason. With those trials now in the rearview mirror and with a long term contract extension in hand, Glenn is grateful he’s still playing the game he loves.

If you're serious, the policy only applies to OTAs and minicamp that are both closed to the public. It's not applicable to Training Camp at SJF.

It's the principle of the thing.

Reporters not able to do their job. Free speech.

It's the principle of the thing.

Reporters not able to do their job. Free speech.

You realize that you will be playing right into their hands? Chris Brown reports will have to be taken as gospel without anyone disputing it.

I probably shouldn't be paying so much attention to the OTAs, so maybe this is a good thing. Wonder if my golf game got any better over the winter....

I don't think you're allowed to report on if your golf game improved over the winter because that was not official golf season.