The Nattering Nabobs of Negativity

Hmmmm. The team hasn't made the playoffs in a decade and a half, has been a perennial doormat for the Patriots, and there is nothing definitive to indicate that we're closer now than we have been since the Music City Miracle. The Russ Brandon hope-selling machine is getting stoked up once again, ready to set new hooks into the collective mouths of Buffalo's vast array of receptive lemmings.

And the price of tickets just went up. Again.

Sorry to pee on your blossoming flower, buddy, but perhaps the title of this thread should read:

"The Positively Preposterous Proponents of Positivity."

Let's get to the playoffs once. Then, by all means, I'm on the bandwagon with everyone else.

Band wagon? What Band Wagon? You are a fan or you are not.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, instead they choose to act like a guy in denial about his girlfriend cheating oh him.

I get your point though. If you can't be positive in May about your football team when can you be?

It's what fans do. Wrigley field stays packed no matter what the Cubs record is.

na·bob
ˈnābäb/
noun
historical
plural noun: nabobs
  1. a Muslim official or governor under the Mogul empire.

Found another definition:

na·bob
ˈnābäb/
noun
historical
--A Moronic individual who constantly complains. Invents conspiracy theories where none exist. Finds the most evil answer to any subject. Sometimes disguised as radio talk show hosts, sportswriters or posters on fan sites in the Buffalo NY area. Believes Rex Ryan and Doug Whaley were time travelers on the grassy knoll in Dallas.
Appearance resembles Jerry Sullivan.
Edited by racecitybills

And btw Beerball......if you allow a thread like this to be created then what is your purpose here?

Can we cut out the stupid bully talk ? There are no bullies here, this isn't elementary school.

Your sentence above is why some folks don't care for you. Why are you questioning the moderators ?

People with manners can have a back and forth without melting down and throwing out ridiculous terms like bullying.

Can we cut out the stupid bully talk ? There are no bullies here, this isn't elementary school.

Your sentence above is why some folks don't care for you. Why are you questioning the moderators ?

People with manners can have a back and forth without melting down and throwing out ridiculous terms like bullying.

If you're starting a thread calling out other posters, does that qualify as "manners?"

I also think it's clear that certain people simply don't know what it means to treat others with respect, even if you don't agree with their perspective.

I wish you felt this way about how you reacted to emoulds. Is that your definition of treating someone with respect?

na·bob

ˈnābäb/

noun

historical

--A Moronic individual who constantly complains. Invents conspiracy theories where none exist. Finds the most evil answer to any subject. Sometimes disguised as radio talk show hosts, sportswriters or posters on fan sites in the Buffalo NY area. Believes Rex Ryan and Doug Whaley were time travelers on the grassy knoll in Dallas.

I don't want to turn this into a Jerry Sullivan thread, but the virulent hatred for this guy around here is another example of fans wanting to lynch the bearer of bad news. Like it or not, Sullivan has been right about this team and this organization a lot more than he's been wrong. And when he's been wrong, it's usually been when he's bought into what OBD was selling (the Fitz contract extension, the Rex hire, etc). Is he the most knowledgable football writer around? No, but he's also no dummy and he is almost always thought-provoking, which is an opinion columnist's number one job. Those who complain about Sullivan should read the garbage spewed out by fishhacks and homers in other markets around the country. There is a guy in our market named Canzano who has not written an interesting paragraph in 10 years. Trust me, Sully is way above the average.

I wish you felt this way about how you reacted to emoulds. Is that your definition of treating someone with respect?

Good question. I still feel the same way about the "inside info" posters but I'll admit my language got a bit strong. Not that it matters to anyone, but once he did provide some context I thanked him. I do believe my prodding led him to "confirm" it was medical before the news was released. Anyway, you are correct, I will make every effort to practice what I preach.

I don't want to turn this into a Jerry Sullivan thread, but the virulent hatred for this guy around here is another example of fans wanting to lynch the bearer of bad news. Like it or not, Sullivan has been right about this team and this organization a lot more than he's been wrong. And when he's been wrong, it's usually been when he's bought into what OBD was selling (the Fitz contract extension, the Rex hire, etc). Is he the most knowledgable football writer around? No, but he's also no dummy and he is almost always thought-provoking, which is an opinion columnist's number one job. Those who complain about Sullivan should read the garbage spewed out by fishhacks and homers in other markets around the country. There is a guy in our market named Canzano who has not written an interesting paragraph in 10 years. Trust me, Sully is way above the average.

Was he the one that said cut dareus?

Good question. I still feel the same way about the "inside info" posters but I'll admit my language got a bit strong. Not that it matters to anyone, but once he did provide some context I thanked him. I do believe my prodding led him to "confirm" it was medical before the news was released. Anyway, you are correct, I will make every effort to practice what I preach.

Sully has been frozen out by both the Bills and Sabres organizations for years. He can't cultivate sources as a result and this rankles him to no end. The bias this has created his palpable in his columns. If he were a better craftsman as a write, had more talent, he would be easier to take, but that's just not the case. He's a bitter hack in every sense of the word.

GO BILLS!!!

That was his opinion, based on Dareus's off-field antics. So what? It's an opinion piece and that was Sullivan's opinion. I did not see anywhere that he said Dareus is not a good football player, did you?

It wasn't a good piece. That's the point.

Edit: oh and here.

The myth is that Dareus is a great player. He’s a good player, a rare athlete. But he’s been erratic and unreliable, a finesse guy who hasn’t been consistently good against the run. He’s been a defensive tackle for the worst three-year stretch of run defense in franchise history. He’s played on three 6-10 teams in three years, so spare me the talk about great.

Edited by What a Tuel

na·bob

ˈnābäb/

noun

historical

Really funny