Sammy Watkins Has a Broken Foot; Ready for Camp?

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im probably the only one that doesn't mind Sammy missing all of camp and preseason. Im sure he will condition and run routes in early August with Tyrod, just not in a practice setting. Probably be full go 2 weeks before the season. Thats how I would do it. No need to get back quicker.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Pretty hard not to be optimistic about the latest developments...it wasn't the Jones fracture everyone was worried about and the boot is coming off more than three months before the start of the season. Give Sammy a good 6-8 weeks to rest, bring him back to practice in August, and we should be good to go by 9/11 in Baltimore.

Rex is no Norman Einstein, but even he won't be dumb enough to put Sammy into a meaningless preseason game while he's recovering.

Am I wrong here? Doomed?

How do we know this?

The timeline for return from a walking boot for a Jones Fracture is 6-8 weeks which is exactly what it's been.

Seems to me, that along all else, this is yet one more piece of evidence suggesting that it is. Screw inserted, time frame thus far both match. Some reports that it was the fifth met bone.

Athletes with minor broken foot bones have been back in full operation much sooner than this.

Just sayin'. I haven't read anywhere that it isn't.

Im probably the only one that doesn't mind Sammy missing all of camp and preseason. Im sure he will condition and run routes in early August with Tyrod, just not in a practice setting. Probably be full go 2 weeks before the season. Thats how I would do it. No need to get back quicker.

Agreed. The risk of not having him on the field is catastrophic. He'll be fine w/o practice assuming he can go full by then. I wouldn't put money on it, but that's the tack that they should take. Besides, better reps in practice for the other WRs and TT. Hopefully they can get something to mesh just in case or even if Sammy does come back, to bolster what now appears to be among the weakest cadres of WRs in the league.

Edited by TaskersGhost

What???

The boot off this soon???

How did TBN not know about this?

Has Rex made contact with Sammy? How many times has he reached out?

TBN please please make up some stories!!

Rex is a foot man not an ass man, so of course he immediately reached out to Sammy.

What too soon?

What???

The boot off this soon???

How did TBN not know about this?

Has Rex made contact with Sammy? How many times has he reached out?

TBN please please make up some stories!!

Soon?

It's been 6 weeks.

So all these reports of Sammy Watkins hoping to remove his walking boot Thursday but does anyone pu attention to his social media accounts? One look at his Instagram posts and you can clearly see he's not wearing it already. Additionally, my friends saw him at sunset beach and sent me a snapchat of walking around in bare feet. So is one bills drive feeding us lies again or is Sammy really that much of an idiot?

Bills' Watkins says he doesn't know how or when he suffered foot fracture

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/06/01/bills-watkins-says-doesnt-know-suffered-foot-fracture/

horsechit.....I say he kicked something ...non football related.

Stress fractures aren't caused by acute impact trauma. More likely it is the result of overuse, which ties in with Watkins' propensity to over train. The kid has a rare work ethic, often to his own detriment.

GO BILLS!!!

So all these reports of Sammy Watkins hoping to remove his walking boot Thursday but does anyone pu attention to his social media accounts? One look at his Instagram posts and you can clearly see he's not wearing it already. Additionally, my friends saw him at sunset beach and sent me a snapchat of walking around in bare feet. So is one bills drive feeding us lies again or is Sammy really that much of an idiot?

Either way, it's not a good thing.

Here are some quotes of Sammy from TOS;

“It’s going great. I’m hoping to get the boot off (Thursday),” said Watkins after the Bills’ Wednesday OTA practice session. “I really can’t do anything now and I’m not really rushing it back. I’ve just got to listen to the staff.”

The only definite piece of information post-surgery for Watkins is that he’ll be full go for the start of the regular season. Everything that comes before that on the NFL calendar is up in the air.

“All I know is that Sammy won’t miss time in the regular season,” said head coach Rex Ryan. “Whether he comes back during training camp nobody has given us a specific time. It’s just that we’re extremely confident that he’ll be ready to roll when the season starts.”

Watkins is steadily ramping up his workload. He’s now back doing workouts in the weight room, but the approach to his return to the field will be methodical.

“This is an injury where you’ve got to be very careful,” said Watkins of the surgically implanted screw in his foot. “The only thing I can do is listen to the staff and take it slow. Just really protect myself and they’re going to protect me also. We’re going to take that course with the injury.”

The Bills top receiver praised the medical staff, athletic trainers and teammates for keeping his spirits up through his rehabilitation.

“I don’t keep a timetable. That’s what the medical staff is for. They just tell me what to do and I do it,” said Watkins. “The only thing I can do is go through the rehab and listen to the medical staff and just keep trying to continue to get better.”

For starters, that's what Ryan, Whaley, & Co. said about Shaq. Secondly, this is the same medical staff that swung and whiffed bigtime on Shaq's injury whereby the rest of the league's medical staffs had it right. They seem to have almost no credibility anymore.

Watkins' own statements seem to contradict Ryan's. Also, a minor broken bone in the foot isn't the type of injury where as Watkins says, "you've got to be very careful." Sounds like a Jones Fracture after all if they have to be that careful.

Lastly, the thing about Sammy is that even if the foot heals the odds are better than 50/50 that it'll be something else this season or a re-injury of the same foot.

Either way, Watkins doesn't sound nearly as optimistic as Ryan does. Maybe Ryan should focus on Seantrel and pay him some love, he's capable of being very good at RT if they can ensure that he gets in there at 100%. Questionable whether that's possible, just sayin'.

hairline fractures are tricky....you can feel just fine one day and just have an "aching" pain the next

Hairline fractures also heal quickly as long as you take weight off. If this were a hairline fracture, six weeks in a boot should have more than done the job.

Edited by TaskersGhost

Is porcelain so brittle that everyday life activities result in injuries?

He must have hurt it walking at Disney world.

He has got to get those goofy feet under control.

A huge year this year is a must.

Imo

Is porcelain so brittle that everyday life activities result in injuries?

He must have hurt it walking at Disney world.

He has got to get those goofy feet under control.

A huge year this year is a must.

Imo

He played with it last year.

C'mon