Sammy Watkins Has a Broken Foot; Ready for Camp?

Can you subscribe to Sirius via the web and get this programming or do you need a satellite radio?

You can but it's not any cheaper. There is a phone app.

"That's the world we live in... Everybody needs a story."

Sammy gets the media game. I'm surprised no one spun this as "Watkins future clouded in uncertainty!"

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can but it's not any cheaper. There is a phone app.

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it.

@john_wawrow

#Bills WR Sammy Watkins smiled in defiance when asked about those who might call him "injury prone."

That said, #Bills WR Watkins can't put timetable as to when he'll be cleared for practice. Regular season is definitely the goal.

Story upcoming

@viccarucci

Watkins says he doesn't know timetable for recovery from foot surgery. Not sure if he'll be at #Bills camp.

Also said it was a hope when Sammy directly said it was coming off tomorrow.

@SalSports

Sammy Watkins does not rule out being ready for Bills training camp. "Hopefully," he said.

@AdamBenigni

#Bills Sammy Watkins says stress fracture (foot) was detected as part of normal evaluation... Doesn't know when it happened. @wgrz

#Bills Sammy Watkins on concept of being injury prone: "That's the world we live in... Everybody needs a story." Says injuries happen. @wgrz

How do you break a bone in your foot and not know how/when it happened?

stress fracture - played on it during the season. Pain comes and goes, best to take care of it. Common with outside WRs.

And I'll stress again he probably always hurts all over. The other wr included woods with a groin tear, harvin and his health issues, hogan with a broken wrist.... These guys play through plenty of stuff and now hopefully he can heal up in the offseason before wrecking his body again.

Typically a 6-8 week recovery timeline, but not going to worry about it. The key with stress fractures/hairline fractures is not trying to come back too soon. I'm not ready to labeling him as a perpetual injury risk quite yet.

@billsupdates

#Bills WR Sammy Watkins has no timetable for return, targeting Week 1 http://trib.al/p8HvNlV

@JoeBuscaglia

The #Bills are holding on to hope that Sammy Watkins can make it back for training camp.

@AP_NFL

Bills WR Sammy Watkins hopes boot comes off injured foot this week http://apne.ws/1O5Lcw4

@john_wawrow
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Pretty hard not to be optimistic about the latest developments...it wasn't the Jones fracture everyone was worried about and the boot is coming off more than three months before the start of the season. Give Sammy a good 6-8 weeks to rest, bring him back to practice in August, and we should be good to go by 9/11 in Baltimore.

Rex is no Norman Einstein, but even he won't be dumb enough to put Sammy into a meaningless preseason game while he's recovering.

Am I wrong here? Doomed?

Pretty hard not to be optimistic about the latest developments...it wasn't the Jones fracture everyone was worried about and the boot is coming off more than three months before the start of the season. Give Sammy a good 6-8 weeks to rest, bring him back to practice in August, and we should be good to go by 9/11 in Baltimore.

Rex is no Norman Einstein, but even he won't be dumb enough to put Sammy into a meaningless preseason game while he's recovering.

Am I wrong here? Doomed?

However, he just might have him return a few Kickoffs and Punts to see if he is able to cover that position.....

To me, they have to pull the plug on Sammy at the WR position experiment. We need someone to set the edge on D and rush the QB. Can they transition him there? Or am I missing something - like Rodak missing the timetable for Sammy to return to full duty? [/crayonz-like-post]

Am I wrong here? Doomed?

Of course you're wrong. There's no way Rex will put the spleen of any key player at risk in a preseason game.