Sammy Watkins Has a Broken Foot; Ready for Camp?

have i told you lately?

I love you. No no not the funny business way Bandit. put that out of your mind right away.

Your retorts make give me a chuckle.

carry on Folks.

Amen. Bandit, you're the man. You're my tsw idol and I thank you for your work here. You make tsw a better place

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A guy coming off a broken foot is out playing hoops and soon to be sitting out training camp. Sammy is a knucklehead, Boldin would have been a good mentor.

I am not sure you know what he can or cannot do. Just because you want to wrap him in bubble wrap because you are scared doesn't mean he is going to wrap himself in bubble wrap.

It's pretty ridiculous what you guys think athletes should or shouldn't be doing in their free time.

A guy coming off a broken foot is out playing hoops and soon to be sitting out training camp. Sammy is a knucklehead, Boldin would have been a good mentor.

He's been with the training staff all offseason--if they didn't want him playing basketball, then he wouldn't be doing it.

Sammy's serious about his preparation.

It also feels an awful lot like "lack of YAC" is your crutch to keep this "Sammy's a bust" rant going.

As long as you continue to put words in my mouth I won't bother responding.

Never said Sammy was a bust, I said he's closer to being a bust than he is to being elite. This season should indicate further. If he cannot play all 16 games and/or doesn't put up well over 1,000 yards, I don't care who's throwing the ball since the other WRs that I've mentioned most don't have stellar or experienced QBs either, which apparently you've ignored the numerous times I've mentioned it, then it'll only be homers insisting that he was worth the draft picks and is even a reliable #1 WR.

Othewise, everything I've said in this thread about Sammy, everything, is currently playing out. He's nowhere near ready to play at full speed yet in a contact environment. It's all but certain that he has a Jones fracture despite the notion by many here that simply because the team hasn't clarified it's not.

Some people, you, believe everything that comes out of OBD. Honestly ....

Never said Sammy was a bust, I said he's closer to being a bust than he is to being elite. This season should indicate further. If he cannot play all 16 games and/or doesn't put up well over 1,000 yards, I don't care who's throwing the ball since the other WRs that I've mentioned most don't have stellar or experienced QBs either, which apparently you've ignored the numerous times I've mentioned it, then it'll only be homers insisting that he was worth the draft picks and is even a reliable #1 WR.

Othewise, everything I've said in this thread about Sammy, everything, is currently playing out. He's nowhere near ready to play at full speed yet in a contact environment. It's all but certain that he has a Jones fracture despite the notion by many here that simply because the team hasn't clarified it's not.

When you repeat your opinion often enough, you start to believe it's fact.

Hint: that doesn't make it so.

Not my words, yours:

ROFLMAO

Oh, I have no trouble admitting that. Name for me the great Ds he lit up?

Here's the problem with your entire approach, you ignore everything else that I've argued.

You won't admit that in the other arguments that I've made, like that he's terrible at YAC. He's hurt again with a much more significant injury than you or anyone else here is considering and still totally unproven in a game-day environment and that if his injuries strike again the only word that's going to be used to describe him, OK, maybe two, are SOFT and BUST.

Otherwise, what about the other 20 games that feed into my "inconsistency" argument, you ignore those outright as if 9 games, really 6 in which he played well, mostly against not great Ds too, set the standard while the other 20 don't matter. Typical for posters here.

I've said this before so it'll probably just go in one eye and out the other and be totally lost on you, but in his other 20 games that you didn't mention, and frankly, two of the 9 you cite, he's averaged barely over 50 ypg with one TD every 2-1/2 games with only four 100-yard games in those 20.

If he can play like that this season the entire season, meaning besting every WR not named Antonio Brown, then we can talk more. But I suspect that he won't even post his usual mediocre 1,000 yards, will either miss many games or not be anything close to 100% in them. If it plays out that way, anyone calling him elite is going to look ignorant. Again, if not, then let's reconvene, but right now there's more baggage hanging over him in the injury dept. than there is at the unclaimed baggage terminal at JFK airport.

But I can see why you've bailed on the discussion. As i said before, if you bring anything of substance to the table that even remotely contradicts what I've said, I'll be happy to respond.

And btw, I'm going to step out here and suggest that Watkins will miss a significant portion of the season at some point due to this foot injury and that he'll be playing injured through another portion of whatever games he does play in, thereby pushing him closer to the status of "unreliable" for this team. If you want to term it something else, and bust would be the direction that that leans in, then feel free.

Sure, we'd all like to see Sammy put up 1,600 yards and 15 TDs but the odds of that happening are probably about the same as Jonathon Williams posting a 1,200 yard rushing season.

Regardless, when that happens you and others will be talking about how it all came about as some sort of surprise when the writing's all over the wall currently.

It was enormously remiss and stupid for this team to have all but completely ignored the WR position during the Draft and offseason.

When you repeat your opinion often enough, you start to believe it's fact.

Hint: that doesn't make it so.

LMAO

But apparently it makes the completely unsubstantiated (unlike mine) opinions of others here so.

Priceless, absolutely priceless!

;)

It was enormously remiss and stupid for this team to have all but completely ignored the WR position during the Draft and offseason.

There are 38 WRs in training camp. But if that's "ignoring the position" so be it...

Not my words, yours:

But I can see why you've bailed on the discussion. As i said before, if you bring anything of substance to the table that even remotely contradicts what I've said, I'll be happy to respond.

LOL

I've already done that, apparently you're having difficulty processing it mentally. No need to try to sell an elephant to someone that's insistent on buying a horse.

BTW, what are you going to do for an encore if Sammy struggles this season due to injury, misses games and is less than 100% for a bunch of others, and doesn't even post 1,000 yards?

You going to keep lecturing us all that he's elite?

... with a posse that claims that it's only opinion that he wasn't worth what we traded to land him?

LOL

I've already done that, apparently you're having difficulty processing it mentally. No need to try to sell an elephant to someone that's insistent on buying a horse.

BTW, what are you going to do for an encore if Sammy struggles this season due to injury, misses games and is less than 100% for a bunch of others, and doesn't even post 1,000 yards?

... with a posse that claims that it's only opinion that he wasn't worth what we traded to land him?

Tasker....do you ever wonder why basically everyone on the board thinks your full of crap?

It must be us right?

And btw, I'm going to step out here and suggest that Watkins will miss a significant portion of the season at some point due to this foot injury and that he'll be playing injured through another portion of whatever games he does play in, thereby pushing him closer to the status of "unreliable" for this team. If you want to term it something else, and bust would be the direction that that leans in, then feel free.

Sure, we'd all like to see Sammy put up 1,600 yards and 15 TDs but the odds of that happening are probably about the same as Jonathon Williams posting a 1,200 yard rushing season.

Regardless, when that happens you and others will be talking about how it all came about as some sort of surprise when the writing's all over the wall currently.

Hey, buzzkill. Why don't you just actively root for Sammy to miss that significant portion of the season? You've already invested in the negative outcome and it's gonna gall you to no end if he stays healthy and you end up being wrong about it. Plus, it keeps your narrative about how stupid the team is for ignoring the WR position, too. It's a win, win for you if Sammy stays out.

Are there any other team misfortunes you'd like to see, or is Sammy missing the season about it? C'mon, don't hold back. In for a penny, in for a pound.

LOL

No, you haven't. In fact, you've addressed approximately 0.0 of the points I made in the previous post (again).

You asked for context; I gave it to you; no response.

You asked how Sammy fared against great defenses, and I answered; no response.

All you've done is completely ignore that context matters, and totally dismiss real, actual, quantifiable statistics that run counter to your argument. Which, again, is fine as long as you don't want to be taken seriously. That you manage to couple it with personal insults every time does make it more entertaining though, which I know is what you're after anyway.

If you had any real interest in discussion, you'd be at work trying to explain why Sammy's "inconsistency" is actually more consistent than Antonio Brown's performance when both are receiving similar numbers of targets, instead of falling back on the idea that quantity of targets has no correlation to performance (which again, you haven't even acknowledged).

I don't lecture; I inform.

And I make honest assessments while considering context. I don't endeavor to trump up a stance simply because I don't have a changeable disposition. Were that the case, I'd still be firmly entrenched in the EJ-can-be-a-franchise-QB camp.

Hey, buzzkill. Why don't you just actively root for Sammy to miss that significant portion of the season? You've already invested in the negative outcome and it's gonna gall you to no end if he stays healthy and you end up being wrong about it. Plus, it keeps your narrative about how stupid the team is for ignoring the WR position, too. It's a win, win for you if Sammy stays out.

Are there any other team misfortunes you'd like to see, or is Sammy missing the season about it? C'mon, don't hold back. In for a penny, in for a pound.

Don't waste keystrokes. He won't address your points even when you spell them out clearly. It's not that he can't; it's that he won't.

Edited by thebandit27

LMAO

But apparently it makes the completely unsubstantiated (unlike mine) opinions of others here so.

Priceless, absolutely priceless!

;)

HE LED THE LEAGUE IN YARDS PER TARGET.

"Yeah, but too many of those yards were in the air because he was open downfield."

-- said nobody, ever