Jonathan Martin... Still Whining About Richie

H2o

martin was wrong, as well.

there were plenty of voicemails and evidence going back against ritchie from martin, as well.

Boys- I agree. Martin is not an innocent victim and could have made better decisions. My point is it's over, nothing new, and both have made positive steps in their lives from what I read. RI has resurrected his career, and Martin has found a new calling trying to help kids.

I don't really care beyond that point.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread if you guys want to keep going back and forth. It seems like everyone has made their point, and now just rehashing stuff. More importantly for our football team, let's hope RI is the best LG in football leading to another #1 rushing team in the NFL.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are a neanderthal.

Martin may or may not be a kitty. Once you have a chance to sit with him for a couple minutes let me know what you think.

i can no better judge him than i can incognito. which leads me to say that incognito was an immature and spoiled athlete accustomed to being the locker room jock. and martin was the quiet kid who was socially awkward and lacked awareness and likely confidence.

are those fair assessments? no. but they're probably not far off.

Wait, Barbarian didn't satirize depression or anything, just shared his own experience.

I'm glad you were able to recover with self-talk. That's great. That said, for some that's not enough, it takes some combination of drugs & therapy, that's great too. As we learn more about neurochemistry I think (personal hunch) we'll learn that depression is sort of like "cancer", it's not a single disease but a host of different imbalances producing similar end symptoms, so one size treatment just doesn't work.

Boyst, SMH here. I don't see how this produces one iota more or less evidence supporting your "Martin is a kitty" view. He may be, he may not be, but in the present instance he was asked a question by a reporter and he answered.

Please don't join those being short-haired around by media sound bites out of context, you can do better.

its that it even comes up in conversation. martin should dismiss it if he cannot say anything good about it. of course, this is all due to having the right handlers and training with pr. letting something get to you - and likely it would if you lost out on millions - is human.

I remember when I got my first job. On numerous occassions, my boss called me "dumb", "what are you stupid?", "this is horrible", "what the !@#$ were you thinking?", etc. It kinda sucked at the time, but I brushed it off and moved forward. Granted, I am somewhat thick in the head and make mistakes, but I don't hold it against my old boss. It's the way some people operate. There are a lot of Richie Incognitos in this world...the trick is to deal with them with a head nod and get back to business. Unfortunate that Martin couldn't do that, but to point the finger of blame at RI alone is misguided. He's wired a certain way and we've all met "those guys". Just have to push through it.

its that it even comes up in conversation. martin should dismiss it if he cannot say anything good about it. of course, this is all due to having the right handlers and training with pr. letting something get to you - and likely it would if you lost out on millions - is human.

I don't think it "came up in conversation", Martin was specifically asked about the Dolphins and Incognito. If he dismisses it instead of answering the question, make no mistake the media will make a sound bite of that too. Some of what Martin said, he could have avoided with better PR coaching to avoid saying stuff that can generate controversial soundbites, I agree. I don't think he's trying to be a public figure so paying for PR coaching is probably not on his radar.

Your implication at the end is that Martin lost out on millions due to Incognito - is that what you intend? Because I don't think that's right and I hope Martin is self-aware enough not to believe it. Martin lost out on millions because 1) he needed back surgery and chose to retire rather than let the team call the shots on whether he should play through it/IR etc 2) he's just not a very good football player

Did you get your testosterone levels checked? Serious question, not joking...

No, I've been lifting since I was a teenager and my T - levels are still good even now that I'm in my 40s. That was 16 yrs ago really hard to say what it was. I have Aspergers too and digestive problems so maybe they had something to do with it.

Glad to hear bro. Honestly, I think most people in this world have battled some form of depression at one point or another. I know I have. This is not the venue for that story, but it happens. The fact that a 6'6" 300+ grown man is talking about his plight being that of being bullied just baffles me. Snap off, hit him with your helmet in the locker room, Bobby Bouche that mutha f****r, but don't come out with this "I was being bullied" stuff while you're supposed to be a grown man.

Thanks, some guys just don't have it in them but when society as whole gets softer it's easier to not fight on.

Wait, Barbarian didn't satirize depression or anything, just shared his own experience. yeah that threw me off when he said satirize, I don't joke about those things, I can be sarcastic but I try to make it obvious with funny faces and such.

I'm glad you were able to recover with self-talk. That's great. That said, for some that's not enough, it takes some combination of drugs & therapy, that's great too. As we learn more about neurochemistry I think (personal hunch) we'll learn that depression is sort of like "cancer", it's not a single disease but a host of different imbalances producing similar end symptoms, so one size treatment just doesn't work. probably true as well but there is definitely a lot of nancyism going on in society theses days.

No, I've been lifting since I was a teenager and my T - levels are still good even now that I'm in my 40s. That was 16 yrs ago really hard to say what it was. I have Aspergers too and digestive problems so maybe they had something to do with it.

Thanks, some guys just don't have it in them but when society as whole gets softer it's easier to not fight on.

I know we get into sometimes but cheers for sharing your experience. I'm not sure what Dwight was getting at either.

I think if you went through that type of experience you can imagine that as a 22 year old with 24 hour news stations ready to jump on your worst moments you could see how it could spiral out of control quickly. Especially with another notorious celeb being the other half.

Tough spot for a young dude. I'm sure plenty have had to pack up their desks in his situation but only a few see and it fades. To a degree the same can be said for RI.

i can no better judge him than i can incognito. which leads me to say that incognito was an immature and spoiled athlete accustomed to being the locker room jock. and martin was the quiet kid who was socially awkward and lacked awareness and likely confidence.

are those fair assessments? no. but they're probably not far off.

Then why call the guy a kitty? Why not what you just typed above? Why go from judgemental to seemingly rational?

You and your enthrallment with saying things for effect confuses me.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Why some of my best friends....

I only wish i could achieve neanderthal !

low floor low ceiling can weigh on a man.

My low brow furrows, knowing most everyone is at least one evolutionary step ahead of me.

Its not easy being a dim bulb.

I had clinical depression for a year and a half and it was the worst nightmare ever, being sad and crying for no reason was very frustrating but I refused to be defeated by some chemicals in my brain not working right. I kept telling my self to get over it and ignore the demons and I eventually got back to normal.

I get what you're saying. Glad to here you are doing better with your MDD.

Martin is determined to be a victim here. He got some notoriety from it and he probably thinks that he's being "brave" for giving these speeches. The problem is, he wasn't bullied, he is a grown man who was in over his head in the NFL and took the cowards way out of a difficult situation.

I don't see it.

He was asked a question and answered it. Where's the problem?

By this logic, aren't people still posting on this issue still whining about Jonathan Martin?

not at all.. just expressing their respective opinions on a topic.

Exactly. Like Jonathan Martin was.

I get what you're saying. Glad to here you are doing better with your MDD.

Martin is determined to be a victim here. He got some notoriety from it and he probably thinks that he's being "brave" for giving these speeches. The problem is, he wasn't bullied, he is a grown man who was in over his head in the NFL and took the cowards way out of a difficult situation.

Whatever else happened, he was bullied. No question.

Did he handle it well? Nope. But he was bullied and Incognito did some really bad things, particularly the stuff he said about the guy's sister. Jeez. Martin didn't handle it well, but the system failed here, and the NFL knows it. It's why Incognito didn't get hired for so long.

Edited by Thurman#1