Ranking the starting 32 NFL QBs,TT rank is fair!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to be as reasonably-optimistic about Taylor as possible, and here's how it shook out:

1 Rodgers

2 Brady

3 Big Ben

4 Brees

5 Newton

6 Luck

7 Palmer

8 Wilson

9 Rivers

10 Ryan

11 E. Manning

12 Dalton

13 Flacco

14 Romo

15 Smith

16 Cutler

17 Stafford

18 Cousins

19 Taylor

20 Carr

21 Mariota

22 Fitzpatrick

23 Tannehill

24 Bridgewater

25 Bortles

26 Osweiler

27 Bradford

28 Winston

29 Griffin

30 Sanchez

31 Kaepernick

32 Goff (can't put a rookie any higher)

This is pretty much how I would rank them as well. a few guys might move up or down a spot or two but for the most part, this nails it.

I think that the QBs are in tiers. There are a bunch of guys in the middle of the league tier (close to 15-20 guys). On any given week those spots are interchangeable. That's where I have Tyrod. It's behind the Brady, Ben, Brees, Rodgers, Cam and Wilson tier. He's below Luck, Rivers and above Tannehill, RG, Brock, and the rookies. He fits in that Cousins, Carr, Bridgewater, Bortles, Winston and Mariota group. The young guys that have shown promise.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I tried to be as reasonably-optimistic about Taylor as possible, and here's how it shook out:

1 Rodgers

2 Brady

3 Big Ben

4 Brees

5 Newton

6 Luck

7 Palmer

8 Wilson

9 Rivers

10 Ryan

11 E. Manning

12 Dalton

13 Flacco

14 Romo

15 Smith

16 Cutler

17 Stafford

18 Cousins

19 Taylor

20 Carr

21 Mariota

22 Fitzpatrick

23 Tannehill

24 Bridgewater

25 Bortles

26 Osweiler

27 Bradford

28 Winston

29 Griffin

30 Sanchez

31 Kaepernick

32 Goff (can't put a rookie any higher)

This isn't too far off. Not sure what Osweiler has done to show that he's better than Jameis Winston though. I think Winston and Mariota have to be pretty much right next to each other on any list.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Maybe more than any other position in the NFL, QBs tend to get better with more game experience.

The top 5 QBs on the list were Newton, Wilson, Brady, Rodgers and Brees. Together they average a little over 32 years of age and 4815 pass attempts.

Tyrod, in comparison, is 26 years old and has attempted a mere 415 passes in the NFL. He's just a baby compared to the collective Top Five.

I think that the QBs are in tiers.bove Tannehill, RG, Brock There are a bunch of guys in the middle of the league tier (close to 15-20 guys). On any given week those spots are interchangeable. That's where I have Tyrod. It's behind the Brady, Ben, Brees, Rodgers, Cam and Wilson tier. He's below Luck, Rivers and a, and the rookies. He fits in that Cousins, Carr, Bridgewater, Bortles, Winston and Mariota group. The young guys that have shown promise.

I think this is very much the truth.

That is why having Tyrod somewhere between 10-20 is a fair projection.

If some of the folks on here who criticize, would take the time to go through the exercise, they would see how difficult ranking the middle tier is!

Edited by The Thurmanator

1 Rodgers

2 Brady

3 Big Ben

4 Brees

5 Newton

6 Luck

7 Wilson

8 Rivers

9 Palmer

10 Ryan

11 E. Manning

12 Dalton

13 Flacco

14 Romo

15 Cutty

16 Smith

17 Stafford

18 Cousins

19 Carr

20 Winston

21 Mariota

22 Taylor

23 Bridgewater

24 Tanny

25 Fitz

26 Bortles

27 Osweiler

28 Bradford

29 Griffin

30 Sanchez

31 Kaepernick

32 Goff

Can't put Taylor over Winston, Mariota or Carr IMO.

Edited by FireChan

Man o man, you guys and your lists. That writer Brad Gagnon really has Taylor way to high on his list IMHO.

I can't think of another QB besides cam Newton that was in such a run-centric offense and when forced to carry the game without the rushing attack Taylor didn't fare so well and lost those games.

Denver QB Brock Osweiler led a comeback in a huge OT win against the Patriots that helped the Broncos get home field throughout the playoffs. and he even had comparable stats to Brady in that game. Granted he didn't face the rush that Brady faced and yet he was a big reason for that win and for that crazy money contract he signed with the Texans.

FireChan got it about right IMO with perhaps the exception of Fitz (who had a career year with almost 4k yards and 31 TD's) and Osweiler. Even BB's Talleywhacker threw for 4200 yards and 24 TD's on a bad Miami team. Bortles also had 4400 yards and 35 TD's on a bad Jags team.

The 2015 Bills were 31st in passing attempts and 28th in yards. But they were also the number one team in the league in big plays with runs over 10 yards and passes over 25 yards.

Man o man, you guys and your lists. That writer Brad Gagnon really has Taylor way to high on his list IMHO.

I can't think of another QB besides cam Newton that was in such a run-centric offense and when forced to carry the game without the rushing attack Taylor didn't fare so well and lost those games.

Denver QB Brock Osweiler led a comeback in a huge OT win against the Patriots that helped the Broncos get home field throughout the playoffs. and he even had comparable stats to Brady in that game. Granted he didn't face the rush that Brady faced and yet he was a big reason for that win and for that crazy money contract he signed with the Texans.

FireChan got it about right IMO with perhaps the exception of Fitz (who had a career year with almost 4k yards and 31 TD's) and Osweiler. Even BB's Talleywhacker threw for 4200 yards and 24 TD's on a bad Miami team. Bortles also had 4400 yards and 35 TD's on a bad Jags team.

The 2015 Bills were 31st in passing attempts and 28th in yards. But they were also the number one team in the league in big plays with runs over 10 yards and passes over 25 yards.

I'd never have Osweiler over Taylor.

Bortles I could see, but Osweiler's one good win, Tanny's good year then falling back to earth and Fitz having 8 or so mediocre years before his latest career year aren't enough to put them over Taylor, IMO.

I'd never have Osweiler over Taylor.

Agreed. I don't hate everyone.

Bortles I could see, but Osweiler's one good win, Tanny's good year then falling back to earth and Fitz having 8 or so mediocre years before his latest career year aren't enough to put them over Taylor, IMO.

Agreed. I don't hate everyone.

Ha ha, I actually thought that your list was fair. The nice thing is that TT is trending up while some others potentially back. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Gotta put Lurch Osweiler near the very bottom of this list, that dork is just way too big. Poor Texans, I don't believe there's ever been a QB that tall to have a successful career in the NFL beyond a few games, and I'd be surprised if he ends up being the first..

I'd rank him anywhere in the 15-20 range, personally. I'd like to see more output in the air from him, and see him hit quick reads. Middle of the pack is just fine for now, hopefully he continues to grow and improve :)

Ha ha, I actually thought that your list was fair. The nice thing is that TT is trending up while some others potentially back.

When making the list, I realized there's a large gaggle of young talent who could potentially replace the entire Brady, Ben, Rivers, Palmer, Brees old guard. Between Winston, Mariota, Bortles, Carr, Bridgewater, Taylor and even semi-young guys like Tanny and Cousins who could make strides, there's been quite an influx of QB talent in the last few years.

Obviously Newton, Luck and Wilson are already there, but I wouldn't be surprised to see half those guys listed above be in a top 10 QB list 3 years from now.

I'd rank him anywhere in the 15-20 range, personally. I'd like to see more output in the air from him, and see him hit quick reads. Middle of the pack is just fine for now, hopefully he continues to grow and improve :)

was just about to say id be hardpressed to argue high or low anywhere 15-20.

get into that 10-15 tier and i think you are putting too much stock in his potential, and assuming the worst from a few guys.

Just so I understand the needle

Are we basing this off what TT did LAST year.....or what we think his ceiling will be and how he will do this year?

are you taking into account all the other unproven guys ceilings and what some of the less consistent vets potential best seasons could be?