Ranking the starting 32 NFL QBs,TT rank is fair!

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/05/18/tyrod-taylor-buffalo-bills-quarterbacks-under-pressure?xid=si_social

When Whaley says "the locker room believes in him, we believe in him, and I hope the Fans do."

Pretty clear some on here fall into the I don't believe in him category.

Edited by The Thurmanator

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure why you use only TDs and believe it to be sufficient. Of course Dalton will have greater counting stats, his TEAM throws the ball a lot more.

Passer Rating (last 5 years)

Dalton 80,87,88,83,106

Smith 91,104,89,93,95

Smith has been a more efficient passer 4 of the last 5 years.

You seem to be a fan of QB record. I think it is a TEAM game and that the players and pro bowlers around you make a difference.

But, to use your logic, Let's not anoint Dalton a SB QB until he improves his 0-4 playoff record.

Smith has an average annual salary of 17M and Dalton 16M. I think they are at least in the same neighborhood as players and it is not a lazy comparison. Don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

As for your view of Taylor, of course those guys have accomplished more than Taylor who has 14 career starts. In my view, a certain amount of forecasting is required in serious analysis about who you would want as your QB for 2016. Otherwise, just line them up from top to bottom with their counting stats. Peyton is still #1.

Look bud, I can take the average stats for Taylor and Dalton per start for their careers, and they are nearly identical. Yards per game, TDs etc. No, Taylor hasn't been to the playoffs 5x I'll give you that. That's kind of hard to do when you've started 14 games. Taylor obviously is a vastly superior runner and deep thrower.

You want to go all career stats and team W/L for your guy- that's fine. That's your prerogative. I'm saying I wouldn't trade Taylor even up for either one of those guys (Dalton or Smith) for this coming season 2016. Paying those guys 16-17 million compared to what TT is being paid is also another factor to consider.

You say you like guys to win games with their passing, and that we struggled to get 150 yards. (queue garbage time argument) But, Dalton has thrown for 18,000 yards in 77 starts for 233/game and Taylor in 14 starts has 230/gm. If you throw in a 40 yard difference in legs between them, and more Pro Bowlers for the Bengals. It is not crazy or lazy to say you want Taylor going forward. Yes, he needs to improve his passing into the middle and lead his team on a couple 4QC. The good thing he has the POTENTIAL to accomplish those things. He is younger, a better athlete, throws a better deep ball and I wouldn't trade him for Dalton.

IMHO

You're comparing Dalton's first 5 years to Smith's years 6-10? I mean that's not even an even comparison but Dalton still put up better numbers. Alex Smith is along for the ride. He is asked not to kill his team. He does a good job with that but he hardly ever wins a game.

Taylor, in his first year as a starter, did an Alex Smith impression. That's perfectly solid. He wasn't asked to to win games and he didn't lose games. You can do much worse than Smith but I won't be content with Alex Smith as the long term answer. For Taylor to be a true franchise qb. I want him to be better than Alex Smith. The Chiefs are always limited with Smith.

And who knows with Taylor? Maybe he is Russell Wilson. Or maybe he is one of those mobile guys that the league gets tape on and then they do nothing. But to say he is better than Dalton, who was playing like a top 5 qb last year and has proven it much longer, is just wrong.

Imho