Dri Archer claimed off waivers

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. His only value is as a good kickoff returner and I don't see him sticking if that is all he has to offer. He did not produce at all for the Steelers and I don't know why that would change in Buffalo. He's really been a complete flop in the NFL. I don't expect him to make the 53.

Meh. His only value is as a good kickoff returner and I don't see him sticking if that is all he has to offer. He did not produce at all for the Steelers and I don't know why that would change in Buffalo. He's really been a complete flop in the NFL. I don't expect him to make the 53.

I tend to agree but I do love speed (as do the Bills). Give him a shot and see if he can contribute and if not, no big deal.

@christrapasso

I expect #Bills to use (or try out) Archer as fulltime kick returner & RB / WR / end around / ghost motion / jet sweep offensive hybrid dude

Dri Archer: 4.26

Ronald Darby: 4.38

Kolby Listenbee: 4.39

Sammy Watkins: 4.43

(Roster long shot, Marquise Goodwin: 4.27)

@joebuscaglia

#Bills now have the 2nd/3rd fastest 40 times in NFL history after claiming Dri Archer. My full analysis of the move:

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/bills-claim-lightning-quick-rb-dri-archer

If you count Listenbee, the Bills have 3 guys who clock in under 4.30. Amazing.

I'll just say that I have picked up Archer in Madden and he is absolutely amazing. Best back in football. Just last season he finished with 4,400 yards rushing, 500+ yards receiving, and 58 total touchdowns.

In just 5 seasons he is just 30 Tds shy of the rushing TD record and approx 6,000 yards shy of the all time rushing yardage mark. I'll keep you all posted when he breaks the records. But I think it'll be in 2 seasons.

99 speed

96 acceleration

Just saying

I'll just say that I have picked up Archer in Madden and he is absolutely amazing. Best back in football. Just last season he finished with 4,400 yards rushing, 500+ yards receiving, and 58 total touchdowns.

In just 5 seasons he is just 30 Tds shy of the rushing TD record and approx 6,000 yards shy of the all time rushing yardage mark. I'll keep you all posted when he breaks the records. But I think it'll be in 2 seasons.

99 speed

96 acceleration

Just saying

It's a known fact that Whaley builds his team based on their Madden ratings

All he has to do is stay healthy and BAM! He's already an upgrade over Goodwin.

All he has to do is stay healthy and BAM! He's already an upgrade over Goodwin.

They're pretty much the same guy. Incredibly fast, often injured and non productive in the NFL. You are probably on to something comparing the two. They're probably each other's competition for a roster spot as a KR and end of bench WR/occasional RB. Whomever stays healthy gets the spot?

They're pretty much the same guy. Incredibly fast, often injured and non productive in the NFL. You are probably on to something comparing the two. They're probably each other's competition for a roster spot as a KR and end of bench WR/occasional RB. Whomever stays healthy gets the spot?

and both drafted in the 3rd round

The new KO rule is that touchbacks will now come out to the 25 yd line. That change may affect a team's strategy on KOs as a result.

Teams may now decide to not kick the ball into the end zone so that may put more of a premium on KO returns, thus the signing of Archer.

Archer also returns punts.

He could also play some RB and WR.

He's a HR hitter for sure.

The knock on guys like him and Goodwin is that they are too slightly built so they just don't hold up tot he NFL punishment.

The new KO rule is that touchbacks will now come out to the 25 yd line. That change may affect a team's strategy on KOs as a result.

Teams may now decide to not kick the ball into the end zone so that may put more of a premium on KO returns, thus the signing of Archer.

Archer also returns punts.

He could also play some RB and WR.

He's a HR hitter for sure.

The knock on guys like him and Goodwin is that they are too slightly built so they just don't hold up tot he NFL punishment.

I'm sure that you're right about kick offs. Teams will still try to eliminate return opportunities by dangerous KRs though.

Funny thing comparing these two "home run hitters". Goodwin has 3 career TDs, all long receptions in 2013. Archer has zero career TDs. I was surprised to see that, especially with a strong armed QB throwing the ball. Your point about players like them not being able to stay healthy is a big part of why they've both had such little production. The other is that they seem to be much more athletes than football players.

Edited by BarleyNY