Bill Barnwell's AFC East offseason report cards

Why are the saber rattling from these columnists about the 4th round picks to pick up a player who slid out of the 1st round?

They are FOURTH ROUND PICKS

We had TWO this year

regardless......if Ragland ends up being a stud MLB you will never hear any of these guys say anything again and they will hope people forget about it...much like when people were saying that Glenn was a guard and cant play OT.....cept his is probably a top 5-7 LOT in the league.

For some "analysts" trading up is never a good move. It's never worth the 20% chance you got Ladarius Green or Jaye Howard to make sure you get the guy you want.

Not sure why you guys read this stuff....we know more about the Bills than these writers

This times 1,000,000. I'd even rather read Vic's take than any of the national guys. Think about it -- our local reporters cover one team; the national guys have to seem competent about 32.

Bills get a B

I enjoyed this, regarding Glenn's 'exorbitant' extension "That's consistent with the Bills' reputation: They regularly hand out deals that are friendlier than those given to similar players by other teams."

Is that true? Hughes -- Incognito -- Taylor??

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15492554/bill-barnwell-offseason-report-cards-buffalo-bills-miami-dolphins-new-england-patriots-new-york-jets

Ok, so two 4th Round selections are equal to the #13 overall pick? Give me a break. Idgaf what the chart says, to move up and get a 1st Round talent at a position of need in the 2nd for two 4th's is WELL WORTH the cost. This guy acts like it's going to have some rippling effect on the franchise. :rolleyes:

It's not a draft day trade value chart, which only tells you the cost of moving around during the draft.

He's trying to set an approximate value for the impact the pick will have for his first 5 years in the league. Different animal.

Okay, perhaps I'm just not following the concept. Somehow having #49 and two fourth round picks equals the impact of the #13 pick in the draft?

The logic of that escapes me.

Not sure why you guys read this stuff....we know more about the Bills than these writers

I think we read this stuff for 2 reasons: 1) to see what the perceptions of the Bills are outside of WNY & 2) see how much the national pundits are off base so we can laugh at them

This times 1,000,000. I'd even rather read Vic's take than any of the national guys. Think about it -- our local reporters cover one team; the national guys have to seem competent about 32.

The good national guys will readily admit fans know way more about their teams than they do. The guys on NFL radio are really good and will defer to callers on their individual teams. The four letter network does not have this approach, they prefer to come off as know-it-alls peddling in hot-takery. They have a consistent approach on the Bills that borders on professional trolling because they know that drives more clicks.

The good national guys will readily admit fans know way more about their teams than they do. The guys on NFL radio are really good and will defer to callers on their individual teams. The four letter network does not have this approach, they prefer to come off as know-it-alls peddling in hot-takery. They have a consistent approach on the Bills that borders on professional trolling because they know that drives more clicks.

Was watching ESPN's offseason round-up as they went through each division. When the AFC East came up, they raved about our draft and retaining Incognito and Glenn... and then immediately named MIAMI as the "most improved" from this offseason. Again! :wallbash:

I think McShay and those guys just want to be sent to Miami on a free vacation. It seems they pick the Dolphins every year to challenge the Pats, and then they fall flat. Even worse than the Bills.

I think we read this stuff for 2 reasons: 1) to see what the perceptions of the Bills are outside of WNY & 2) see how much the national pundits are off base so we can laugh at them

number 2 makes sense to me

is Barnwell actually #Badol?!

No he is a competent writer just into bashing Bills; more like actually WEO who has social skills.

I read them because sometimes it appears national (not team assigned writers like Roach or NFL city writers who are just writing for national site) don't always spend time bashing Bills 24x7 unlike some "fans" of Bills..

Thats so true. I laugh every time I see a national guy try to write about us. Hilarious. Couple of mock drafts had us taking a corner 1st round because "rex loves corners" wtf.....

Thats so true. I laugh every time I see a national guy try to write about us. Hilarious. Couple of mock drafts had us taking a corner 1st round because "rex loves corners" wtf.....

my favorite mocks had us taking Nkemdiche because "Rex loves to take on troubled players."

What went wrong

They traded two picks to get Ragland. Concerned his team wouldn't get its inside linebacker, general manager Doug Whaley sent two fourth-round picks (one in 2017) to the Bears

yeah, because we've done so well in the 4th round. Except for maybe two or three players, our fourth round has been a graveyard for the past 20 years. http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=0610&type=team

wow, just take a look at the 1987 draft:

Conlan

Odomes

Mueller

Seals

McKeller

Ballard

is Barnwell actually #Badol?!

LOL !!

to B word of course. duh.

my favorite mocks had us taking Nkemdiche because "Rex loves to take on troubled players."

that regurgitated dog food was killing me