NFL Over/Under for 2016: Bills at Eight Wins

Bills' 2016 Over/Under  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills Win Over or Under Eight Games in 2016?

• Over Eight Wins
    • Under Eight Wins
    • Exactly Eight Wins

What is the win total that would get Rex fired this year? I'd say 7 or less and they are going to be in that ballpark. He better hope they get to 8

Great way to think as a Bills' fan going into a new season. :thumbsup:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a lot of grasping at straws and trying to rationalize.

we are now without percy harvin, who was our #2 for part of the year. Hogan stepped up and filled the #3 spot when woods went to #2. we had goodwin - we now have goodwin and listenbee. we're worse in 2016 at wr than 2015

at tight end we're the same, and hope clay can make it

at running back we're better because we know what we have heading in to the season with karlos, gillislee. we lost dixon, but hope to see something from wilder and j williams. we know mccoy gets banged up.

at qb, we're the same. hopeful but comfortable still wanting better.

OL, we're still weak but not improved after losing urbik

dt - we're weaker because we don't know what rex is going to do and we don't have the right athletes to play what we know he does

de - we're the same - hopeful for reasonable production from lawson.

lb - weaker. we lost bradham and others

s - the same - thin and hopeful.

cb - weaker. we lost mckelvin.

You are the only one with a fist full of straws.

What is the win total that would get Rex fired this year? I'd say 7 or less and they are going to be in that ballpark. He better hope they get to 8

That sounds like a poll question and it's own thread. Probably better optics to wait until we lose a few, but I'm no Rex lover. I'm hoping we don't find out (I'm happy to eat crow if Rex and the gang kill it!), but the topic does intrigue me.

That is the spot that has room to improve the most. From all accounts Roman kept the passing game elementary for TT last year. He executed what was called but as a whole the offense didn't do it consistently enough, far to many 3 and outs. Roman is going to have to show defenses more and hopefully TT takes the next step and is able to execute what is called. I think a lot of us are guilty at looking at the defense and hoping for improvements while ignoring our wild card. The defense is young in some spots and guys will be transitioning to new roles, I expect some good games and some bad-much like last year. The offense has some continuity and a cast of explosive players who could reap the benefits of more effective TT, his floor is serviceable but what is his ceiling? Tyrod is the wildcard heading into the season and he will be difference between a playoff celebration and just another cold January.

not a bad posit at all Common : )

I have to consider the final w/l record will most influenced by Roman and TT

You are the only one with a fist full of straws.

how are we a better team in 2016?

he was teflon in jersey before coming here. he will be teflon here for another year with anything over 5 wins.

he has fall guys set up, he has excuses ready. dareus, gilmore, hughes - - one of them will be a fall guy with excuses about aaron williams and poor safety play from whoever plays opposite.

Its the Rex effect, you either like him or hate him. The talking brings haters. People cant wait to pounce on you when you talk and fail.

ii'm putting aside the character he is - because it is actually fun and lively, even if some times childish or baffoonish.

as a coach i think he is out of touch with the current game, i do not think he is capable of coaching a team of top end talent or developing that talent to truly become a strong team. i think he is the antithesis of team in many ways and while he has a reputation of being loved by his teammates it always seems like there are always a few who hate him and those, coincidence or not, never succeed.

i do not expect rex ryan to build us a super bowl winning team, regardless of odds. i see him outcoached by the better coaches in the league - belicheck, harbaugh, arians. i see coordinators smart enough to stop what he puts on the field, though we have a good offensive coordinator - pete carrol's staff, rivera's staff, a few more.

i think rex was a bad choice for buffalo. i did then i do now. i wanted marrone one more year and then i'd evaluate. i wanted marrone to help build a team and likely bring in someone to bring them over the top.

marrone was the most successful coach we have had in a long time, despite his shortcomings and records not showing it to be easy in debate.

ii'm putting aside the character he is - because it is actually fun and lively, even if some times childish or baffoonish.

as a coach i think he is out of touch with the current game, i do not think he is capable of coaching a team of top end talent or developing that talent to truly become a strong team. i think he is the antithesis of team in many ways and while he has a reputation of being loved by his teammates it always seems like there are always a few who hate him and those, coincidence or not, never succeed.

i do not expect rex ryan to build us a super bowl winning team, regardless of odds. i see him outcoached by the better coaches in the league - belicheck, harbaugh, arians. i see coordinators smart enough to stop what he puts on the field, though we have a good offensive coordinator - pete carrol's staff, rivera's staff, a few more.

i think rex was a bad choice for buffalo. i did then i do now. i wanted marrone one more year and then i'd evaluate. i wanted marrone to help build a team and likely bring in someone to bring them over the top.

marrone was the most successful coach we have had in a long time, despite his shortcomings and records not showing it to be easy in debate.

First, thanks for proving my point. Second, Marrone left us.

I never hated Marrone. Look at his DC hires.

I don't think we know what Rex is as a coach. His defenses have been dropping of late, they aren't as feared as they once were. We will find out this year. This is probably the best team he has had. Last year was similar to all Rex teams, who the heck is the QB. That's not a question now. Now it's about Rex. It's about him as a defensive coach. We will find out a lot about Rex.

I took the over. I see the defense being vastly improved from last year to this. I believe the CB depth is better than last year. I like our draft. I believe that T Mobile continues to grow. Watkins is about to turn into a bonafide superstar. Darby has a full season under his belt and should be even better. Freeing up Dareus along the front will be huge. A healthy Kyle will make an impact. People talk about the OL, but we are returning all 5 starters who will hopefully have a full TC to improve in all phases, the right side especially. If the injury bug stays away it could be 11 wins, but I see at least 9.

Its the Rex effect, you either like him or hate him. The talking brings haters. People cant wait to pounce on you when you talk and fail.

I dislike Rex in his current capacity. I don't think you have to love or hate him.

I like it when people speak honestly, and I don't think I've been bothered by the things Rex says (except when he says "and things like that"). I sort of disliked him when he was with the Jets, but I didn't remember why. I managed to like him well enough at the start of last season even.

I stopped liking Rex after watching him throw throw a few tantrums and draw a few flags. What has finally made me dislike him is his sloppiness. It's his job to keep things organized, the buck should stop with him, but he's just sloppy. It's unprofessional. IMO he's a great coordinator who's players have loved him and that got him his HC gig(s), but he's lousy at it. I don't think it will take that much for me to hate him, but it won't be from him talking.

Thankfully its a players league, hopefully one of them will be able to lead this team, b/c he won't.

I dislike Rex in his current capacity. I don't think you have to love or hate him.

I like it when people speak honestly, and I don't think I've been bothered by the things Rex says (except when he says "and things like that"). I sort of disliked him when he was with the Jets, but I didn't remember why. I managed to like him well enough at the start of last season even.

I stopped liking Rex after watching him throw throw a few tantrums and draw a few flags. What has finally made me dislike him is his sloppiness. It's his job to keep things organized, the buck should stop with him, but he's just sloppy. It's unprofessional. IMO he's a great coordinator who's players have loved him and that got him his HC gig(s), but he's lousy at it. I don't think it will take that much for me to hate him, but it won't be from him talking.

Thankfully its a players league, hopefully one of them will be able to lead this team, b/c he won't.

Lousy at being a head coach? Maybe. We will find out. He does have a winning record in the NFL when not facing Tom Brady. So I dont know if he is lousy.

how are we a better team in 2016?

he was teflon in jersey before coming here. he will be teflon here for another year with anything over 5 wins.

he has fall guys set up, he has excuses ready. dareus, gilmore, hughes - - one of them will be a fall guy with excuses about aaron williams and poor safety play from whoever plays opposite.

Call the whambulance, we have heard you merper and scottlaw tell this story 13,452 times this offseason.

"Who will be the next fall guy" is just as funny as the "9/11 was an inside job" story guy.

Sounds like last season cut a little deep for some of you.

Shaq and Ragland hopefully provide some mmmmmmppph. A full year of Aaron Williams at 2014 level play would help as well .

Ps....my vote for "fall guy" is Fernando Velasco. You heard it here first.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Call the whambulance, we have heard you merper and scottlaw tell this story 13,452 times this offseason.

"Who will be the next fall guy" is just as funny as the "9/11 was an inside job" story guy.

Sounds like last season cut a little deep for some of you.

Shaq and Ragland hopefully provide some mmmmmmppph. A full year of Aaron Williams at 2014 level play would help as well .

Ps....my vote for "fall guy" is Fernando Velasco. You heard it here first.

Fernando? Didn't he have a no hitter like 25 years ago?

I don't know how you guys get a live stream on the internet. I thought ISP's put a stop to that.

thankfully they did not, it very much works but you gotta fight through a few pesky pop ups before you make it to the promise land of free Bills games from the comfort of your own cpu. I got warned and suspended from here when I put up instructions of how to do it for those who havent learned how yet. So when in doubt Google it out?

Edited by Marty McFly

that's just the last two years not including the draft that brought watkins and others.)

Your comment said every other year they've improved the roster... and then you give me Whaley's last two off seasons.

It's been 16 years of futility, which is why your original comment was so laugh out loud absurd. They have not improved the roster every year. Not even close.

Your comment said every other year they've improved the roster... and then you give me Whaley's last two off seasons.

It's been 16 years of futility, which is why your original comment was so laugh out loud absurd. They have not improved the roster every year. Not even close.

I was too lazy to ho further bavk

The D will be better in 2016. Probably significantly so.

The O wasnt bad at all last year and it will also improve, tho not as much as the D.

The suggestion that after waiting 5 years to audition as a starting NFL QB, an unhappy Taylor is going to pout and let it affect his play is about the dumbest reason I've heard for saying the O will underperform. Taylor is a mature dude and he knows he needs to continue to show well, indeed needs to improve, to land the long term contract he wants regardless of where he winds up playing.

The D will be better in 2016. Probably significantly so.

The O wasnt bad at all last year and it will also improve, tho not as much as the D.

The suggestion that after waiting 5 years to audition as a starting NFL QB, an unhappy Taylor is going to pout and let it affect his play is about the dumbest reason I've heard for saying the O will underperform. Taylor is a mature dude and he knows he needs to continue to show well, indeed needs to improve, to land the long term contract he wants regardless of where he winds up playing.

The offense in 2015 was extremely inconsistent, it needs to be better as well.

Until the bills prove me wrong, it's 8 wins. Thats me being hopeful.

I have a bad feeling about this season. not sure why, but I do.

I do not trust that Rex can make this thing work.

Edited by CountDorkula