Mario excited to be working out in Miami - ask again in Sept

...I'll take Shaq Lawson, thank you, genuine enthusiasm ...

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/ar...1-21263e17bf3c

Williams sounded excited about joining the Dolphins right after his signing became official in March and nothing has changed after the first several days of the offseason program.

If anything, Williams is even more jacked up. And he says he’s not the only one.

“Everybody is fired up, man,” Williams said. “Anytime you see anybody walking around — it doesn’t matter, from the front office to equipment guys, it doesn’t matter — everybody has the same type of enthusiasm and that’s definitely what I had in mind when I first came for the visit and it’s what I got.”

Williams said another reason he chose to sign with the Dolphins and bypassed the opportunity to even visit other teams that were interested was the chance to play with guys like Cameron Wakeicon-article-link.gif and Ndamukong Suhicon-article-link.gif.

Each of them has four Pro Bowl invitations on their resume, and Williams can’t wait to see what they can accomplish together, particularly after hearing defensive coordinator Vance Joseph talk about how pressure will play a big part in what he wants to do with the defense.

“The mentality is so important in football,” Williams said. “With the mind-set and the understanding of what the coaches are going to do, what they plan on doing and what you know they’re going to allow you to do, it’s rejuvenating. I look forward to it and fortunately I have a bunch of guys around me that are great players. The sky is going to be the limit.

“I’m extremely excited (about playing with Wake and Suh). That’s the reason why I came. Being able to see what they bring to the table and being able to add to that puzzle, the sky is going to be the limit. And I’m definitely ready. I’m anxious. Just want to get after it and work and just put my best foot forward.”

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Everybody is fired up, man,” Williams said. “Anytime you see anybody walking around — it doesn’t matter, from the front office to equipment guys, it doesn’t matter — everybody has the same type of enthusiasm and that’s definitely what I had in mind when I first came for the visit and it’s what I got.”

I see a theme here - seems like for Mario it's all about what he GETS, not what he GIVES. Presumably a mini-fridge comes with the deal.

I think there's already a thread for this, but he seems to really, genuinely excited that he has guys who will do the heavy lifting for him.

I inferred the same thing from his recent comments. Hes happy he got Suh and Wake so he can get 1 on 1s to rush the passer and focus on his individual sack #s. It makes us losing him to FA a lot easier to deal with. Dudes attitude is cancerous. Yes Rex tried to fit square pegs into round slots but to quit on your team cuz you dont like the scheme is not cool. Good riddance.

I see a theme here - seems like for Mario it's all about what he GETS, not what he GIVES. Presumably a mini-fridge comes with the deal.

getting a giant fridge this time.

just forget about him... anyone from the ralph wilson post 2010 era I just forget about... that franchise era was poisoned by doubt and fear, and the team reflected the lame duck nature of its ownership, management and players. Its all good and RIP Ralph, but from a football standpoint, that time is at once both completely understandable and utterly forgettable..

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

Yeh, then ask again in November when the fish are out of playoff contention.

Lets not pretend that he didn't play well for us in the numerous games that we were out of playoff contention, last season notwithstanding.

Frankly, I think Mario is going to have a monster season. He will be playing like he has something to prove (which he does) and I believe that he is absolutely capable of delivering. I can't say that I don't share in the disappointment of his poor play, and attitude from last season. But, I'm not going to play the jilted lover, and call him a bum. He was a pro bowl DE for us, and I think will likely be that for the Fish.

Lets not pretend that he didn't play well for us in the numerous games that we were out of playoff contention, last season notwithstanding.

Frankly, I think Mario is going to have a monster season. He will be playing like he has something to prove (which he does) and I believe that he is absolutely capable of delivering. I can't say that I don't share in the disappointment of his poor play, and attitude from last season. But, I'm not going to play the jilted lover, and call him a bum. He was a pro bowl DE for us, and I think will likely be that for the Fish.

Well Rocky, he probably will play lights out - got something to prove...... But, I don't know, he did sign a contract to play football for the Bills. Yeh, Rex's schemes

were, (a better term escapes me right now) weird. D lineman dropping into coverage??? What have you. The message board last year would sizzle with the rage that was posted each Sunday night about Rex & his D But he still signed a contract to play football, not quit.

I genuinely think his best days are behind him. If he can't get 8+ sacks next year with those guys around him (effort or not), it'll be time for him to hang up his cleats. Double teams are going to be going to 1 or more guys on that line, and if I'm coaching the opposing O, Mario's the guy I dare to beat me 1 on 1.

I think he will have a season in between what he had in 2014 and 2015. He will likely try harder and be used differently, but he also showed signs of decline last year as a pass rusher even when he was trying. He will still be really good against the run, but I'd be surprised to see double digit sacks. He can't play against Tannehill and miami's crap RT(s) anymore.

Edited by YoloinOhio

...I'll take Shaq Lawson, thank you, genuine enthusiasm ...

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/ar...1-21263e17bf3c

Williams sounded excited about joining the Dolphins right after his signing became official in March and nothing has changed after the first several days of the offseason program.

If anything, Williams is even more jacked up. And he says he’s not the only one.

Mario used to complain about the humidity every time the Bills went to Phish Bowl; things are different when the Bowl is yours/

Rocky Landing - you make a good point in he did play well for three years, but he also gave up on this team and received a payday acting like a cancer with no effort his last year.

As I said before, I don't care about Mario one way or the other. He didn't fit now, he's moved on, and so have we with new talent. Nuff said. I have zero I'll will to the guy. I just don't want him anymore and we don't have him.