It's Official: Beast Mode is Done

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course he's a Hall of Famer.

Marshawn played for about as long as any running back in the NFL should be playing and likely will be playing going forward considering the injuries players of that position suffer (especially to the head). He will absolutely be in Canton.

:cry: really hoping this post was an attempt at sarcasm.

Nahhhh, based on your standards, if you do your job in a mediocre fashion (but with a "chip on your shoulder" type persona), you get a call from Canton or at least media hounds asking for an interview because you are so "distant and misunderstood". He's a walking sideshow and the quicker people see through the rough exterior, the quicker we'll see his legend collapse.

If you think Lynch was mediocre then you're beyond help and we have nothing left to discuss here.

:cry: really hoping this post was an attempt at sarcasm.

Nice retort.

Had Marshawn Lynch stayed in Buffalo, he likely would have been suspended for significant time. I have no idea how his lawyers kept him playing in Seattle through his DUI and gun charges. That aside, I don't think he's HOF material, but the Lombardi carries weight. If they had just given him the rock at the 1-inch line, he would be a shoo-in for HOF.

Nice retort.

Sorry, I just don't think "Hall of Fame" when I think of Marshawn Lynch. I'll always remember his epic playoff TD against the Saints but aside from that I just think of him as being a "very good" RB with an enigmatic persona.

One of the most over rated backs in NFL history. The main attraction to Lynch was his "off kilter" personality with a few decent runs mixed in. Good luck Least Mode.

I could not agree more with you on him. He had a couple of highlight reel runs and that was it.

I wish people now would stop saying it was dumb for the Hawks to pass on 2nd down in the Super Bowl and not give it to the sure thing. That play was all about butlers incredible play. Would have been incredible just to knock the pass down. Lynch was a few carries from retirement when that play happened

I saw Lynch as one heck of a RB. Brutal and all effort all the time.

Sure some do not care for his person.

But he could carry that football !
Questioning that is a bit silly to me.
HoF ? well thats another story. Because it is biased these days.

as mentioned above. his media relationship will hinder the votes. But I get the feeling he could care less.

?

Pretty sure the play before that Lynch ran for 6 or 7 yards on first and goal.

I would have given it to Lynch, and not in hindsight either

Marshawn was a great back. When he was with us he had o-lines that couldn't open a crack for him to run through and quarterbacks who never made opposing defenses fear the passing game. When he finally went to a team that could do these things he showed what he could do. His character may have been suspect at times but his talent was unquestionable.

Marshawn was a great back. When he was with us he had o-lines that couldn't open a crack for him to run through and quarterbacks who never made opposing defenses fear the passing game. When he finally went to a team that could do these things he showed what he could do. His character may have been suspect at times but his talent was unquestionable.

It's disappointing how people misuse the term "character" so often. I don't think there is any evidence Marshawn's character is suspect -- he's simply an enigmatic and eccentric guy. He's also pretty smart in how he has managed his finances, and in how he is retiring before the game takes anything more away from him physically.