It's Official: Beast Mode is Done

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I thought it was pretty much a a hole move myself

Yes it is that.

My point is that Lynch is 30 years old. He has been paid something in the vicinity of $30-$35 million, he did not fulfill his last contract. After taxes, agent, expenses and some legal fees. He could have $15 million left. Trinity University did a study a few years ago that said of you don't want to out live your money, invest conservatively and live on 4%. That's $600k per year, which most could easily live on. But what's next for him? Going back to his old neighborhood and playing video games all day? A second career in TV or coaching seems pretty far fetched. Getting married moving to the suburbs and enjoy raising children?

Although he stayed out of trouble for the last few years, what happens when there is no more accountability to the league or an agent to babysit? Lynch has in the past displayed a penchant for bad decisions. I'm afraid that and boredom are going to lead to problems.

Glad he can at least make choices for himself. None the less, not HOF material by any stretch of any imagination. In total career yardage, YPA, YPG, and basically any other major metric you want to look at, he's not even cracking the top-25. Add to that the fact that there's probably 10 active players that will pass him before they're done and he's just another RB that had a good career, albeit not great. There's at least 5 guys (probably more than 10 if I think about it some more) that would deserve the HOF ahead of him with better career numbers. Tomlinson certainly will go, I don't think he's a question at all. But guys like Fred Taylor, Tiki Barber, Corey Dillon, Jamal Lewis, Shawn Alexander and Clinton Portis had better careers.

Yes it is that.

My point is that Lynch is 30 years old. He has been paid something in the vicinity of $30-$35 million, he did not fulfill his last contract. After taxes, agent, expenses and some legal fees. He could have $15 million left. Trinity University did a study a few years ago that said of you don't want to out live your money, invest conservatively and live on 4%. That's $600k per year, which most could easily live on. But what's next for him? Going back to his old neighborhood and playing video games all day? A second career in TV or coaching seems pretty far fetched. Getting married moving to the suburbs and enjoy raising children?

Although he stayed out of trouble for the last few years, what happens when there is no more accountability to the league or an agent to babysit? Lynch has in the past displayed a penchant for bad decisions. I'm afraid that and boredom are going to lead to problems.

he's made 50 mil so maybe he has 30 mil or more in the bank. he's not the team's 401k adviser I misspoke. But tyler lockett said lynch helped him set up his 401k with the team and regularly gives out advice to other players. Lynch also has no kids so he's saved a ton of money in that department.

he's made 50 mil so maybe he has 30 mil or more in the bank. he's not the team's 401k adviser I misspoke. But tyler lockett said lynch helped him set up his 401k with the team and regularly gives out advice to other players. Lynch also has no kids so he's saved a ton of money in that department.

Rookie contract $18mil and $31mil for four years in 2012, but not getting paid in year four, 2016. Fed, state and local taxes could exceed 40%, agent 5-10 %, nine years of living expense and legal fees n both NY and CA. How much do you think is left?

Tyler Lockett said he helped him? That doesn't make hm the Hawks 401k advisor.

Rookie contract $18mil and $31mil for four years in 2012, but not getting paid in year four, 2016. Fed, state and local taxes could exceed 40%, agent 5-10 %, nine years of living expense and legal fees n both NY and CA. How much do you think is left?

Tyler Lockett said he helped him? That doesn't make hm the Hawks 401k advisor.

i said i misspoke. an agent is 3 percent. he hasn't spent any of his contract money. 57 percent of that is roughly 28.5 mil. if he has made any return on that money he has more than 30 mil.

i said i misspoke. an agent is 3 percent. he hasn't spent any of his contract money. 57 percent of that is roughly 28.5 mil. if he has made any return on that money he has more than 30 mil.

I put a link up a few replies back in which Marshawn dispels the rumors that he hasn't spent any of the money he received from NFL contracts.