Shady's value to the Bills...

1200-1300 yards? 4.4 X 300 = 1320. I don't think so, even if by some miracle he played all 16 games he would be hard pressed to get that amount of carries. RBBC seems to be the approach and Karlos is going to get his fair share along with TT.

Look at how our schedule shakes outs vs. run defenses. Last year we played the NFC East, the entire division was in the bottom 3rd in the league against the rush. This year we get the NFC west and AFC north, Seattle has held opponents under 4 YPC for the past three seasons, Arizona has allowed an average of roughly 4.0 YPC for the past three seasons. In total we play 8 games vs. top ten rush defenses this upcoming season. Things change from year to year but if you dig through the stats the majority of these teams are tough against the run year in and year out.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/position/defense

FWIW, fantasy guys should try to avoid drafting RBs from the AFC east this year and temper their expectations on backs from the NFC West. Tough sledding.

Edited by Commonsense

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. So why remove their yards?

?? I already said you don't remove their yards after you asked me the first time.

I'm saying, again, you NEED their yards to the top, as you pointed out regarding the past 2 seasons. The Bills will need TT's yards again to hold down the top spot. Pretty simple.

?? I already said you don't remove their yards after you asked me the first time.

I'm saying, again, you NEED their yards to the top, as you pointed out regarding the past 2 seasons. The Bills will need TT's yards again to hold down the top spot. Pretty simple.

Why is that relevant?

They're still a top-6 rushing team in total yards when the stats are normalized to exclude QBs, and they're the top team in YPC under those conditions.

1) So you are saying that the Chiefs were 10-0 without a "franchise" RB and only 1-5 with one? I don't know if that's accurate but you think that somehow supports your opinion? :flirt:

2) So Jamal Charles, who has been at or over 5 yards per attempt for EVERY year in his career, is in his twilight years and unworthy of a two year extension?.......while another finesse RB in Shady McCoy.......who has only ran for 4.2, 5.0, 4.2 and 4.4 averages in the past 4 seasons and needs everyone else to score the TD's for him and has 300+ more career NFL carries of mileage than Charles........was worthy of a FIVE year extension? :lol:

3) I'm sorry I don't go back 5 years for you......but as Kirby says, in the NFL you are what your record says you are........five years ago Charles was a 5.9-6.4 ypa RB.......is he still that same guy too? :lol:

Thanks for bringing up Jamal Charles. :thumbsup:

As you said........a much better player.

Oh geez, you have some communication issues. You said the Chiefs did better because Charles wasn't playing. I simply said I don't want to get into that, because it's mostly speculative. But since you do, he isn't the reason that KC had a rough start. Their defense allowing 3 consecutive 30+ point games might have had something to do with it. Here's a visual just so you can see that the Chiefs defense actually doing something was the difference, not Jamaal freaking Charles being injured.

With Charles:

20 points allowed (win)

31 points allowed (loss)

38 points allowed (loss)

36 points allowed (loss)

18 points allowed (loss)

Without Charles:

16 points allowed (loss)

13 points allowed (win)

10 points allowed (win)

13 points allowed (win)

3 points allowed (win)

22 points allowed (win)

20 points allowed (win)

3 points allowed (win)

14 points allowed (win)

13 points allowed (win)

17 points allowed (win)

As for the "how many years should I go back to suit my point", we will have to agree to disagree. The fact that you think that 4th year back is super valid, but the 5th year back is just too long ago is laughable though. As for someone else scoring TD's, Chip Kelly put other RB's in that situation, I watched it constantly in 2014. The year before he scored a healthy 11 TDs. You say he didn't adapt to....something. I say the coach that traded him used him in a different way.

These next few seasons will tell though.

I'd assert that it's not true to any extent.

Boy, you're a real barrel of laughs. First of all, try not approaching from an emotional standpoint and try reading thoroughly first. Some of what you just posted is flat out false.

You cannot remove Taylor's rushing yards and then compare Buffalo's ground game to the rest of the league unless you normalize the data by removing ALL QB rushing yards if you're going to go that route. Fortunately, I've already done this:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/185916-bills-working-on-extensions-for-gilmore-maybe-tyrod/?view=findpost&p=3944423

You are the one that said that removing Taylor made no difference, not me. I was arguing a point you and others have made. Now you're insisting that his contribution was relevant. Pick an argument and stick to it please. Otherwise this already modest waste of time becomes a grand waste of time.

Otherwise, that thread that you cite, of your ingenious analytical work, is nothing but a cut and paste of last season's rushing stats, all-inclusive.

Here are the facts, don't let them stand in the way of a good charade though.

We had, as a team, 509 carries for 2,432 yards, and 19 rushing TDs. May as well throw those in too.

Taylor had 104 carries for 568 yards and 4 rushing TDs.

If we subtract the latter from the former, we are left with 405 carries for 1,864 yards and 15 rushing TDs. That's a fact based on what, 3rd or 4th grade math, not even high-level statistics or anything.

That 1,864 yards slides right in behind the Jets who had 1,868 rushing yards and finished 10th, meaning that without Taylor's rushing contribution we would have finished 10th. Simple logic and again, 3rd/4th grade math in action. We wouldn't have finished 9th or better, nor 11th or worse, 10th, right between the Jets who had that 1,868 and the Bears who had 1,851.

Either way, the argument that you implicitly contradicted specifically stated that removing Taylor from the rushing equation essentially makes no difference.

1st to 10th is a huge difference, especially when as I mentioned it puts us below Chicago and the Packers, two teams not exactly noted for running the ball well much less for having even average RBs much less better, although that's largely irrelevant. 1st to 10th is not.

You cannot remove the rushing of QBs like Rodgers, Newton, Bortles, and Wilson because they had outstanding passing seasons. There's an enormous difference. If Taylor had also thrown for 30 TDs then we wouldn't be having this discussion either. Or, in the case of Alex Smith, if we actually had a bully on D and had the 3rd-ranked scoring D then too we wouldn't be having this discussion, but it's completely different for us than it is for them since Taylor uses his rushing to mask his passing shortcomings, not deliberately no doubt, but that's the way it plays out.

6th in total rushing yards, and 1st (sorry, not 5th) in YPC.

Would you mind explaining how you drew the conclusion that running significantly more would result in a higher YPC? It's not readily apparent.

This is where you need to brush up on your reading comprehension via some remedial help there.

I never said either of those things. I specifically said that even w/o Taylor our YPC was up there. Even then, if you analyze that a little further, you'll note, per my comments on Karlos, that that YPC avg. was largely a direct result of the two lights-out games that he had against Miami. Other than that our YPC avg. drops to a only marginally above average 4.28.

Don't get me wrong, it's great to have those games, but I'd rather see some consistency from Karlos instead of two great games against Miami, a very mediocre team, and four stenchers against the Jets and Pats combining for 25 carries for 80 yards and a 3.2 YPC. Wouldn't you? Any fan would it would seem unless beating a single team means more than having an overall solid season.

As to your second commment, significantly more what? I don't recall ever commenting that "significantly more of anything" would result in any increased YPC. It certainly isn't in what you quoted of me.

What I did say, or rather imply, was that we ran the ball, including Taylor, more than any other team in the league, so it stands to reason that we would be near the top in rushing yards, don't you think?

Could also be why we finished 28th in passing yards and 19th in passing TDs.

As to whether or not it helped us win, well, the results speak for themselves: the team was 0-5 in games where Tyrod Taylor attempted 30 or more passes; they were 8-1 in games in which he attempted fewer than 30 passes.

http://www.nfl.com/player/tyrodtaylor/2495240/gamelogs

Again, in this shallow line of thinking this is something that you and every fan has to reason out for himself. To start, besides citing things that I never wrote, your logic and development of your arguments is horrible.

Three of those 5 games where Taylor threw 30+ passes were against the Pats and Chiefs, two teams notably better than we were. Another was a road game against Philly against whom we allowed 23 offensive points. Also conveniently left out by you was that the Eagles game was Taylor's 4th best rushing total on the season.

Here are some other stats that you leap-frogged over in your haste to run off with your agenda, the game in which Taylor had his highest rushing total, we lost, to a team no better than we were.

Of the six games in which Taylor had his greatest number of rushing yards we were 3-3, of the 8 highest we were 4-4, same exact win percentage as our overall record. Yet, of the 6 games in which he had his lowest rushing yardage totals we were 4-2. Also, in those 6 games that you cited, we allowed 23, 24, 30, and 40 points in four of them. Hardly point allowances that win games. So instead of pinning it on Taylor's lack of rushing yards, which wasn't even the case, try incorporating other reasons as to why we may have lost.

I will add this at this time, that in the NFL as a team you will undoubtedly be down at times and if you do not have a QB capable of coming back in those situations, particularly against average or better teams, something that Taylor simply did not do last season with even the remotest of regularlity, then you will likely never make the playoffs, of if you manage to get in, then you will not go far.

So yes, it is true to an extent, at least to an arguable one, not this ridiculous slam-dunk argument based on superficial info that you build your argument around.

The long and short of last season was that besides the Jets (10-6) and Texans (9-7), only the Texans of which made the playoffs by merit of a weak division there, we essentially beat average or worse teams and lost to average or good teams. Philly, the Giants, and Skins were hardly good but we lost to them, and we lost to the only three good teams on our schedule, NE twice and KC.

The five games with TT's most attempts we lost. The six games with TT's least attempts, we won. But clearly rushing more wasn't the answer since he was all but a perfect .500 in games in which he ran the most, same as our overall record.

Those are all facts, none of them are my or anyone else's opinions, pure data. Do with it what you want.

I would suggest however that while TT had a semi-promising season, that if we want our team to progress, then it will have to come down to improvements in his passing, not more carries running the risks of injuries for him on a team with zero significant depth at QB and given the above. Seems to me that any truly objective person would view it the same. As well, our schedule is much tougher than the one we had last season, featuring teams that he simply has not shown the ability to beat, either on foot or in the air.

Having said that I'm not sure how that's going to be possible with a depleted WR corp based on Ryan's "who needs offense anyway" approach. If Watkins struggles to be 100% Taylor's in a world of hurt. Besides Hank there isn't a WR on our roster that's capable of being a #1 WR after Woods, who's low-end there if at all to start. And Hank's a longshot too, his collegiate abilities simply haven't translated to the NFL. I hope this is his year, but I wouldn't bet on it. He hasn't been able to nail down a starting spot in four seasons, and last season he was waived by two teams, both with excellent QBs, before landing with us. So again, he's a longshot.

We should have drafted Treadwell, who would have been a perfect compliment to Taylor and his limitations from last season. Obviously on a Ryan led team we can't have that though. Gotta build that roster with A++ talent on D just to get A- defensive results I guess. Point being, that's all but impossible to assemble that kind of talent, particularly with someone like Whaley running the show.

Edited by TaskersGhost

Someone tell me again why you would remove TT's rushing yards? Much less do that and then compare the Bills' rushing stats to the rest of the league...with their QB rushing stats?

Good question!

It's merely one method of parsing how the team actually performed. People love to superficially cite stats and other data and then run down the hall with their hair on fire. This is why QBs get the credit or criticism for winning or not winning. Let's face it, Dilfer was hardly the primary reason, or even close, as to why the Ravens won a SB. And Manning, for all the years he was in Indy, was hardly the reason why they couldn't get to much less win the SB at least as often as Brady. The four years that "Brady won the SB," he had the 1st, 2nd, 6th, and 8th ranked scoring Defenses. Brady's had a top-10 scoring D in 9 of his 14 seasons. The Pats' D has averaged 8th in scoring. Manning's at Indy averaged nearly 16th. Just as a general example.

The question isn't so much whether or not to remove TT's rushing stats, the questions are as such:

A. Does it make sense to allow a relatively diminutive QB to run the ball often lest he get injured? Let's face it, TT doesn't have the stature of Newton. This is debatable btw.

B. Does allowing TT to run the ball more compensate for the limitations in his passing game? Put another way, would it make more sense to work on his passing game to the extent that he polishes his passing and have him run less? I already answered the first in the post above, his rushing does not appear to make us more competitive, implicitly it merely seems to mask our inadequacies, among which are the limitations in TT's passing game. Apologists of TT rushing are going to be gung-ho on that topic until Taylor gets whacked by some charging LB and has his shoulder dislocated and Manuel has to come in. Then all of a sudden they'll see it the other way. Unfortunately that's what it takes for some people.

C. Why does Taylor even need to run anyway? Unsubstantiated pop-opinion railed against our OL following last season citing that as the reason, but someone posted the statistical data subsequent to that to show that Taylor actually had above average time in the pocket. So again, why does Taylor need to run anyway?

IMO part of that reason was the lack of premier receiving talent. Watkins is good but overrated, and hardly consistent, for whatever reasons, injury and whatnot being largely irrelevant, particularly as he enters his third season once again injured. Clearly a part of Taylor's issues were his lack of desire (or ability?) to throw OTM. They're working on that now, but can he correct that? We'll see, soon.

Running your way to success can work if you have a top defense, but we didn't have that last season and there's nothing to suggest that we will this season. Otherwise, limitations in your passing game coupled with a mediocre D, regardless of how good your rushing game is, is not a recipe for success in today's NFL. Playing the law of averages, in approximately half of your games, considering that we're a very mediocre team, you'll likely be playing from behind at some point. If you're not capable of playing from behind, which is almost always via the pass, then your chances of winning are greatly diminished, anyone should agree with that.

Shady's good, ... when healthy. He's already nursing a hammy. People talk as if Karlos is ready to step in and be a bell-cow RB, but he's far from that. People look at his overall stat line and think he's great but the reality is that much like Spiller except to a much lesser extent, it was formed on a very small number of games/data-points. On average Karlos was not good rushing. He was terrible against the Jets and NE, and as I'd mentioned had 25 carries for 80 yards and a 3.2 YPC in those four games. Having two lights-out games against Miami doesn't make up for four stinkers against the other two divisional teams and it hardly makes up for them, particularly since Miami's rushing D wasn't even good.

Watkins is also questionable entering the season with highly questionable talent on the field if he can't be there at 100%.

So how are we going to move the ball this season? Again, a debatable question. We can risk Taylor rushing a lot and therefore what many see as an imminent injury to him. Obviously we hope that Shady's hammy heals fully, but if it doesn't, it wouldn't be the first time in the history of the NFL that a hammy nagger was an issue for a starting RB.

Even if Shady's healthy, what if our D doesn't improve, and I'm expecting it to regress, then what? Our ability to run won't make sense much of the time if we can't keep opponents off the boards.

By last season's standards, we face 6 teams comparable to the 3 better than we were that we lost to last season, we face 7 teams of the type that we went .500 against last season, and we face only three low-end teams. If we apply the methods by which we won games last season to this season's schedule, and considering that we have fewer options in the passing game, huge questionmarks for injuries in our two top offensive players besides Taylor, a defense that will be hard-pressed to be equal to much less better than last season's D, the question is how are we going to win games this season? Taylor's rushing? His passing? Great D? Rushing? What combination of those? etc.

Several posters have pointed out that if QB rushing yards are subtracted from all the top rushing teams, the Bills are still near the top - in some cases with the actual statistics attached.

It would be kind of nice to have this point "heard and understood"

It is heard, but the part of that equation that isn't considered is how those QBs played otherwise, as well as are those other QBs more suited to running the ball.

Newton for example, he's 6'6"/260, TT's 6'0"/220. Newton also doesn't rely on his rushing to be good and win games, he had nearly twice as many passing TDs than TT did.

We also have to separate scrambling from running the ball. TT had plenty of time in the pocket, but chose to run often. That's a lot different than Luck running the ball since he prefers not to run and doesn't have TT's physical skills in that way.

Only 6 QBs ran for over 300 yards. The 7th was Fitzpatrick with 270, so that's probably a good spot to separate rushing from scrambling. And yes, I realize that there's a fine-line separating the two.

Of the 6, Newton and TT are two, then there's Wilson, Smith, Rodgers, and Bortles. With the exception of Smith, the others are all prolific passers, or at least were last season, every one threw over 30 TDs. Smith had the 3rd ranked scoring D, something that we do not have.

After Taylor's rushing contributions, we were 10th in rushing yards, near the top in YPC, and above average in rushing TD production.

But the turd floating in the soup here is why did Taylor run the ball so much, 2nd in the league? Unlike with Newton it wasn't when plays broke down in an otherwise tops passing game, it was due to Taylor's own shortcomings in the passing dept. There's a huge difference.

This is why we were ranked 28th in passing yards. When we stop to think that we ranked 6th in YPA, given our low passing production, that means that our short game needs work, and the short games include a good number of passes OTM where Taylor struggled.

If our rushing ranking meant anything on its own, w/ or w/o TT's contribution, then we wouldn't have been 8-8 last season having only beaten mediocre and worse teams.

It all comes down to how should we approach this season, which frankly should have been thought out in the months prior. Ryan (& Whaley implicitly) have now committed to not improving the passing game whatsoever besides just what TT can do on his own. We did not significantly bolster the rushing game via a prolific RB addition (which we don't need if Shady's healthy) or via the OL. Instead we poured all of our resources into essentially three players, one that won't even be a factor before the midpoint of the season and likely nothing significant beyond that, a second whose pedigree suggests another mediocre ILB, and a backup DT.

So, given that, how are we going to move the ball?

Get it into the end zone?

Defense?

What will the pass distribution look like on a team that has only two proven WRs, a low-end starter-third type and Watkins, whose perenial injury issues are well documented, and essentially nothing else significant?

Will Taylor begin throwing OTM effectively?

If he keeps running because he cannot read Ds or find WRs quickly enough, will he get injured?

All open questions. What seems to underlie this discussion and debate is whether or not the rushing game can carry this team. Traditiopnally this has only happened with a strong D, and IMO there isn't much reason to think that our D is going to be any better than last season's D, perhaps even worse. That too is debatable, but I just don't see the reasons why it would improve other than based simply on unsubstantiated hype on draft picks, one of which, our biggest, has already removed himself from the equation.

I dont want to make more of this then it is....

but this would be the 2nd year in a row where Shady was having hammy issues? Cant the bills pay some massage therapist out there to massage his hammies?

You'd think that these guys could keep themselves in some kind of minimal condition during the offseason, especially when they're injury prone to begin with.

Our injuries, apparently, haven't been worse than other teams, but when your top two offensive players are dicey and when you made no moves to bolster the offensive unit because you had so little vision to possibly foresee that if that were to happen, then I guess we deserve what we get. Even with Shady & Watkins healthy it's highly questionable to wha

Team averages with and without Shady

w/ Shady

29 rush/158 yds/5.4 ypc/1.2 TD

w/o Shady

34 rush/133 yds/3.9 ypc/1.3 TD

Since there were so few data points for w/o him it might be wise to list those games. He missed games 4, 5, 15, & 16.

In week 4 against the Giants and their 24th ranked rushing D Taylor had 6 for 15 and Karlos had 18 for 40. Loss

In week 5 against the Titans and their 18th ranked rushing D Taylor had 8 for 76 and five other players combined for 20 carries for 51 yards. Win

In week 15 against the Cowboys and their 22nd ranked rushing D Taylor had 14 for 67, Gillislee had 9 for 93, and Karlos had 17 for 76. Win

In week 16 against the Jets and their 2nd ranked rushing D Taylor had 10 for 51, Gillislee had 24 for 28, Karlos had 6 for 24, and Hogan and Dixon had 3 for 10 combined. Win

The best of those teams was the Jets. With the exception of the Cowboys game we did nothing rushing except for Taylor averages aside. The defense played well in three of those games holding the Cowboys, Titans, and Jets to 6, 13, and 17 respectively. Tennessee and Dallas had the 28th and 31st ranked scoring offenses. The Jets' was a little better than average.

Edited by TaskersGhost

Yes. But the subject being discussed is "leading the league in rushing" again...

Does the league leading team n rushing yards never have QB yards included? The Seahawks led the league in rushing yards in 2014. Should we remove RW's rushing yards?

This topic should be part of a greater broader discussion per what I've mentioned in the prior posts. Far too many people look at one slice of the team and draw up grand plans for the season.

As formerly stated, the questions are whether or not it's wise to run Taylor that much, and what are the ramifications of his running on his passing. Anyone not looking at that bigger overall picture is missing the point entirely. This isn't about individual stats, or even singular rushing stats, it's about overall team performance and how TT's rushing fits in, or conversely doesn't fit in, and why he's even running to begin with. After the season the pop-mentality was that our OL play stunk relative to other teams in pass pro, but that was debunked and the real reason for TT's rushing came to the forefront, namely that he couldn't read the entire field and had a hesitancy to throw OTM. That's the bigger issue and more running from him won't compensate for that. As I mentioned, of the 6 QBs ahead of Fitzpatrick in rushing, one being Taylor, four of the other five all had exceptional passing seasons. The one that did not was Smith whose team had the 3rd ranked scoring D, which we didn't have close to.

In short, we're not going to win games by running Taylor the way we have and without a top D and ability to pass well.

That's pure conjecture. [McCoy does not have another 1200-1300 season in him.] And the play mix might be the same (hopefully not since I want them to pass a lot more so we can see if TT is a franchise QB or not). But they very well could run more if the ground game is working and the defense is dominating. We'll see. But just a quick glance at the past 2 season shows that the top rushing had a little of rushing yards by the QB.

It is somewhat conjecture, but it's also conjecture to suggest that Brady's not going to continue to play like he has at the age of 38. There is a basis for that conjecture.

I don't see McCoy having that kind of season this year because there's nothing in our passing game that will challenge Ds and prevent them from stacking the line. What, teams are quaking at the thought of Woods and Hankerson burning them? I doubt it.

Also, we have to consider that McCoy's dogging it sometimes. Philly fans warned us of this, I along with others at the time figured it was sour-grapes, but it seems as if he hasn't done his max to ensure that he's in top shape/condition and that this translate to the field during the regular season. As well, as others have mentioned, he's got a lot of tough mileage on him.

I see both Taylor and McCoy seeing a whole lot of 7/8 man fronts this season until they prove that they can regularly beat them. That's not a recipe for a good season from a RB with only half a line.

This team is far too reliant upon running the ball given that we don't have the kind of shutdown D that's required to do it regularly. This will become most evident when we get behind in games. I don't see us having the ability to come back much this season. We play a lot of teams that are likely going to be out in front of us at some point; Bengals, Steelers, Pats twice, Cards, Seahawks, Jags.

Edited by TaskersGhost

Newton doesn't rely on his rushing to win games and be good? Cmon brooooo.

Rely? No, he doesn't. He relies on his passing. His rushing is gravy. As well, I was referring to last season.

Did you do any homework on this topic? Doesn't seem so.

He only had four games of 50+ yards rushing. Of those four, he threw 12 TDs in them. In 10 of his games, all wins, he had pretty lackluster and pedestrian rushing contributions averaging fewer than 26 rushing yards/game. I'm sure that in some of the games that he ran for a TD that they would have converted using the RBs or by passing otherwise. In most of those games those weren't the difference-maker anyway.

If Newton's passing were on par with Taylor's then the Panthers wouldn't have been nearly as good as they were. They'd have likely been what they were in the seasons that Newton did in fact put up similar passing numbers as to what TT did last season as he has in the past.

2011: 21 TDs, 6-10

2012: 19 TDs, 7-9

2014: 18 TDs, 5-8-1

Your implication of being ridiculous just assisted in shooting down your very point. How's that feel?

The point is that he had a passing game. Taylor's was below average. Newton's was among the best.

Even if were true that Newton's rushing was the reason for their wins, Taylor's rushing wasn't the reason for ours. We were a .500 team. That was Taylor's win percentage in his best rushing games.

This thread is exhausting. Highly uninformative, but exhausting.

GO BILLS!!!

Thought is exhausting. LOL

Good and useful info requires some thought, both to assemble and synthesize it but also to read and consume it.

Edited by TaskersGhost

Rely? No, he doesn't. He relies on his passing. His rushing is gravy. As well, I was referring to last season.

He only had four games of 50+ yards rushing. Of those four, he threw 12 TDs in them. In 10 of his games, all wins, he had pretty lackluster and pedestrian rushing contributions averaging fewer than 26 rushing yards/game. I'm sure that in some of the games that he ran for a TD that they would have converted using the RBs or by passing otherwise. In most of those games those weren't the difference-maker anyway.

The point is that he had a passing game. Taylor's was below average. Newton's was among the best.

Even if were true that Newton's rushing was the reason for their wins, Taylor's rushing wasn't the reason for ours. We were a .500 team. That was Taylor's win percentage in his best rushing games.

Good and useful info requires some thought, both to assemble and synthesize it but also to read and consume it.

The threat of Cam Newton rushing helps his passing. Work smarter not harder when doing homework. Edited by FireChan

... Thought is exhausting. LOL

Depends. Sometimes one has to draw the line at mindless drivel.

GO BILLS!!!

If Newton's passing were on par with Taylor's then the Panthers wouldn't have been nearly as good as they were. They'd have likely been what they were in the seasons that Newton did in fact put up similar passing numbers as to what TT did last season as he has in the past.

2011: 21 TDs, 6-10

2012: 19 TDs, 7-9

2014: 18 TDs, 5-8-1

Your implication of being ridiculous just assisted in shooting down your very point. How's that feel?

Both are true.

Appreciate your attention to detail !

But i am being forced to skip over some of your lengthy legal briefs. I do not like to do that to any poster. As all folks deserve to speak , and be heard.

I want to listen. I have no one on ignore. Nor will I.

Would you please shorten up your retorts a pinch ?

I would like to keep pace. Even though i don't have a nickel in the game.

Thanks for the details though. Obviously you take your argument as a lawyer might knowing his client is innocent.

: )

Edited by 3rdand12

Yes. He is a top 5 back in the NFL. Game breaker. Great receiver as well. Can do it all, including pass block with the best. Guy's an absolute stud. Knucklehead off the field, but who cares? Half of the NFL players are knuckleheads. Injuries are a concern, but that's a generic concern with all high salary cap players, plus Denver's bet with Manning seemed to work out OK in the end...... really a no brainer question.