Shady's value to the Bills...

Like pointing out that the best 10 quarters of rush offense the Bills had in 2015 was after McCoy was lost for the season. :lol:

If you found out that a QB was legally blind in his left eye wouldn't you notice if he is more effective throwing to one side of the field or another?

If CJ Spiller gets an atrocious score on the wonderlic.......then you find out that he doesn't understand the plays......then you see him act like he has no idea where the plays are supposed to be going............well, as the song goes "I couldn't smell the smoke......and now I watch the flames". :lol:

The truth is right in front of you............but I guess when your glass is always full you might be drinking a bit too much. :beer::flirt:

Nevermind the emergence of the OL or the return of Kromer or the garbage run defenses or the familiarity with the scheme. It was McCoy trying to get to the edge. The scouts, players and coaches can't recognize a dynamic back but TBD posters can. Got it!! Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The truth is right in front of you............but I guess when your glass is always full you might be drinking a bit too much. :beer::flirt:

Which truth? That he'll be out the of league before he turns 30? That he only cares when it's a nationally televised game? That you know more than scouts, coaches, and players because you watch every game "in context"? You've offered up a lot of truths, but most sound like you're the one doing the drinking :D

You're going to look good rocking the I Love Shady McCoy name in two years. :nana:

Which truth? That he'll be out the of league before he turns 30? That he only cares when it's a nationally televised game? That you know more than scouts, coaches, and players because you watch every game "in context"? You've offered up a lot of truths, but most sound like you're the one doing the drinking :D

You're going to look good rocking the I Love Shady McCoy name in two years. :nana:

If he gets his sh*t together I would GLADLY do so........but your fear is still showing.......you want an injury escape clause on your end........and I ain't giving you that. See article 7 for details. I will give you until training camp to sack up. :lol:

I want him to put up Jamal Charles per touch numbers and score a bunch of TD's.

It's fun to watch him make people miss........but his run trajectory looks like a flight of stairs.

Left-forward-left-forward-out of bounds.......rinse and repeat until it's time to punt. B-)

I get no commissions for making sales here and no trophies for being right........I just prefer to understand what I am watching.

I was encouraged by what he said last week......which you guys conveniently brush off because it illustrates my point...........but even so, at some point wisdom and wear and tear are going to intersect.

Bad foot(Philly), complaints of fatigue and lack of explosivness(Philly).......then bad hammy, bad groin, blown MCL.........that's his check list for the past two seasons.

I hope he has a renaissance......I root for the laundry and if he earns it I'd even get a McCoy jersey! I want him to be what you think he is. It's mostly up to him and the mileage though.

But honestly I don't think he's been the player you guys think he is for perhaps 5 years.....not coincidentally, defenses have gotten smaller and faster in that time.......better equipped to take away his strengths.......but like Wooderson's girls he stays the same.

Chip year one was an aberration in the mix.........the only reason there is even a debate to be honest..........but just like Nick Foles putting up the greatest TD/INT ratio for a QB who threw over 25 TD that year McCoy's numbers were in great part due to the element of surprise that CK brought to the NFL that year.

If he gets his sh*t together I would GLADLY do so........but your fear is still showing.......you want an injury escape clause on your end........and I ain't giving you that. See article 7 for details. I will give you until training camp to sack up. :lol:

I want him to put up Jamal Charles per touch numbers and score a bunch of TD's.

It's fun to watch him make people miss........but his run trajectory looks like a flight of stairs.

Left-forward-left-forward-out of bounds.......rinse and repeat until it's time to punt. B-)

I get no commissions for making sales here and no trophies for being right........I just prefer to understand what I am watching.

I was encouraged by what he said last week......which you guys conveniently brush off because it illustrates my point...........but even so, at some point wisdom and wear and tear are going to intersect.

Bad foot(Philly), complaints of fatigue and lack of explosivness(Philly).......then bad hammy, bad groin, blown MCL.........that's his check list for the past two seasons.

I hope he has a renaissance......I root for the laundry and if he earns it I'd even get a McCoy jersey! I want him to be what you think he is. It's mostly up to him and the mileage though.

But honestly I don't think he's been the player you guys think he is for perhaps 5 years.....not coincidentally, defenses have gotten smaller and faster in that time.......better equipped to take away his strengths.......but like Wooderson's girls he stays the same.

Chip year one was an aberration in the mix.........the only reason there is even a debate to be honest..........but just like Nick Foles putting up the greatest TD/INT ratio for a QB who threw over 25 TD that year McCoy's numbers were in great part due to the element of surprise that CK brought to the NFL that year.

Love the Wooderson quote! One of my favorite movie lines ever. Right up there with "Whereas what we have here? A bunch of fig-eaters wearing towels on their heads, trying to find reverse in a Soviet tank. This is not a worthy adversary. ... The man in the black pajamas, Dude. Worthy f**kin' adversary."

The bet was made with the injury clause built in (career ender, not nagging injuries). It's part of it. And the bet is most definitely still on.

The bet was made with the injury clause built in (career ender, not nagging injuries). It's part of it. And the bet is most definitely still on.

A hedged bet is the definition of no fun.

I mean, do you think I am rooting for the Bills to do POORLY this year? For Shady to play poorly enough in his time to get the boot that I predict he will? :doh:

I am just willing to stand on my observations and the facts and leave the rest to Shady and to FATE.......but you are so frightened of being proven wrong that you want to be able to make excuses.

That means if he somehow gets a career ending injury then so be it. There are no opt-outs in a fun bet........if fate doesn't shine on you then so be it.

Injuries are part of the equation whether you like it or not.........and as I said.......the guy FINISHED THE SEASON ON IR. :lol:

It's not just the idea of you not fulfilling your end of the bet.......it's about the excuses you've been making on the subject from the start.

I told you his mileage was a major concern.......then when he struggled to stay healthy you tried to use that as an excuse for his play. :lol:

I'm not going to hear the well "you weren't really right but fate intervened against me" :rolleyes: excuses if the guy calls it quits after a concussion or any number of other excuses you are poised to make post bet. :lol:

We aren't going to debate why you were wrong.........that would be unbecoming of my hype-man. :thumbsup:

Chip year 1 was an aberration? Sure, i'll give it to you. I'm not sure how you'll explain away the following though.

2009 945 all purpose yards (637 rushing) *Rookie

2010 1,672 all purpose yards (1,080 rushing)

2011 1,624 all purpose yards (1,309 rushing)

2012 1,213 all purpose yards (840 rushing) Injured 4 games. He was almost 35 at that point.

2013 2,146 all purpose yards (1,607 rushing)

2014 1,474 all purpose yards (1,319 rushing) noticeable drop in pass targets. From watching, I saw Chip give more opportunities to Sproles (57 carries and 63 passing targets) and Polk (46 carries). Rift between Chip and McCoy? No he was almost 40 at this point. It's age.

2015 1,187 all purpose yards (895 rushing) Injured 4 games. Again age? :rolleyes:

But yes, we will chalk McCoy's "decline" to age, and not getting those 2,146 all purpose yards again (it was an aberration I tell you!) despite having a phenomenal career surrounding it.

Keep running to the sideline McCoy!

Edited by What a Tuel

The best way to get more value out of Shady is to improve the right side of the line so it is better balanced. Without a doubt he is a top tier back who can make plays even when there is not much room to maneuver. Also, our running game is more essential for a successful offense than it is for most teams. So it is critical that the right side of the line is strengthened.

I'm a believer in TT. But I don't think he is the type of qb who is going to be a prolific passer. Getting a good running game going with McCoy and the other backs will help our qb play. That is another aspect where McCoy's presence has a positive effect for the other skill players on the offense.

Having other backs to rotate with McCoy will enhance McCoy's production and value to the offense. If he can stay relatively healthy for the next couple of years then I believe we will have gotten good value from his acquisition.

In hindsight would I have traded for him and then given him an enhanced contract? No. It is the new contract that he was given when he came to the Bills that gives me pause.

I think that, by far, the biggest mirage about the Buffalo Bills is that we have some sort of dominant rushing attack. I'd love to know (actually, I wouldn't) what our vaunted rush attack would look like if Tyrod Taylor wasn't one of the best scrambling QBs in the league.

People talk about our 2015 rushing attack like we just lined up and drove guys 4 yards back on every snap. To me it was one of the all time "smoke and mirrors" #1 rush offenses ever.

I hate to be such a fence-sitter on this topic, but both sides have really good points. McCoy is by far the top talent we have at the position. He may only have 1 or 2 good years left and he may be massively overpaid, but he's still still incredibly explosive. I think a lot of the free lancing stems from (like in the video posted earlier) not knowing if his blocking will hold up. if the line plays better and more consistently, I predict a big year.

I think that, by far, the biggest mirage about the Buffalo Bills is that we have some sort of dominant rushing attack. I'd love to know (actually, I wouldn't) what our vaunted rush attack would look like if Tyrod Taylor wasn't one of the best scrambling QBs in the league.

People talk about our 2015 rushing attack like we just lined up and drove guys 4 yards back on every snap. To me it was one of the all time "smoke and mirrors" #1 rush offenses ever.

I hate to be such a fence-sitter on this topic, but both sides have really good points. McCoy is by far the top talent we have at the position. He may only have 1 or 2 good years left and he may be massively overpaid, but he's still still incredibly explosive. I think a lot of the free lancing stems from (like in the video posted earlier) not knowing if his blocking will hold up. if the line plays better and more consistently, I predict a big year.

Why? How bad do you think it would look?

Didn't somebody already post the stats? Without factoring in QB rushing the Bills were still top 6 I believe. Roman is a master run game coordinator and the left side of the OL (including C) played really well last season. The Bills' rushing offense is not a mirage.

The last paragraph. I felt early into last year, he did feel he needed to improvise. The line really was unsettled and inconsistent.

Lets see if he can follow some blockers this year

Didn't somebody already post the stats? Without factoring in QB rushing the Bills were still top 6 I believe. Roman is a master run game coordinator and the left side of the OL (including C) played really well last season. The Bills' rushing offense is not a mirage.

I did, and they were

5th in YPC and 6th in total yards if QB rushing stats are removed for the whole league

i can't focus on defense and what to do. so what i am going to focus on is running. with our arsenal and with our blockers... anything i can think of we can do running. what i want to see us improve upon is releasing from the backfield to incorporate a downfield attack and better play action.

I did, and they were

5th in YPC and 6th in total yards if QB rushing stats are removed for the whole league

if you totally remove the quarterback position you'll neglect that most quarterbacks scramble and get at least 100 yards. i've not looked nor will worry about that 100 yards any qb would pick up.

but all quarterbacks scramble.

Chip year 1 was an aberration? Sure, i'll give it to you. I'm not sure how you'll explain away the following though.

2009 945 all purpose yards (637 rushing) *Rookie

2010 1,672 all purpose yards (1,080 rushing)

2011 1,624 all purpose yards (1,309 rushing)

2012 1,213 all purpose yards (840 rushing) Injured 4 games. He was almost 35 at that point.

2013 2,146 all purpose yards (1,607 rushing)

2014 1,474 all purpose yards (1,319 rushing) noticeable drop in pass targets. From watching, I saw Chip give more opportunities to Sproles (57 carries and 63 passing targets) and Polk (46 carries). Rift between Chip and McCoy? No he was almost 40 at this point. It's age.

2015 1,187 all purpose yards (895 rushing) Injured 4 games. Again age? :rolleyes:

But yes, we will chalk McCoy's "decline" to age, and not getting those 2,146 all purpose yards again (it was an aberration I tell you!) despite having a phenomenal career surrounding it.

Keep running to the sideline McCoy!

Yes it was an aberration.

That year Nick Foles threw 27 TD passes and only 2 interceptions.

McCoy averaged 5 ypr that season.

Foles came back to earth with a 13/10 ratio and McCoy reverted to his 4.2 ypr figure of 2012.

So in the other 3 of the last 4 years McCoy's ypr has been between 4.2-4.4.

In case you were unaware, 4.2 is the league average per rushing play...........

And to further illustrate my point...... in 2014 he had the LOWEST yards per touch of any qualifying player in the entire NFL.

Explosive/dynamic/big-play........these things ABSOLUTELY imply a player who will have high yards per rush/touch numbers and TD numbers by virtue of huge plays inflating the overall average.

He's shifty and fun to watch.......I enjoy watching him make people miss.......but people confuse that with him being a big play guy.

i can't focus on defense and what to do. so what i am going to focus on is running. with our arsenal and with our blockers... anything i can think of we can do running. what i want to see us improve upon is releasing from the backfield to incorporate a downfield attack and better play action.

if you totally remove the quarterback position you'll neglect that most quarterbacks scramble and get at least 100 yards. i've not looked nor will worry about that 100 yards any qb would pick up.

but all quarterbacks scramble.

The point is that the narrative of "Tyrod inflates otherwise unimpressive rushing numbers" is flat-out inaccurate

The point is that the narrative of "Tyrod inflates otherwise unimpressive rushing numbers" is flat-out inaccurate

agreed. few quarterbacks contribute to their rushing offense in major ways. newton continues to be able to do so while kaepernick has done so in the past successfully.

Shady's value is still huge. Don't forget what he's like (and how he was for us last season) when he's healthy and we're getting him some room.

Shady has at least this year and next (if healthy) to be a big advantage every game for us. He's far better than Karlos and crew...don't make the mistake of forgetting that.

A hedged bet is the definition of no fun.

I mean, do you think I am rooting for the Bills to do POORLY this year? For Shady to play poorly enough in his time to get the boot that I predict he will? :doh:

I am just willing to stand on my observations and the facts and leave the rest to Shady and to FATE.......but you are so frightened of being proven wrong that you want to be able to make excuses.

That means if he somehow gets a career ending injury then so be it. There are no opt-outs in a fun bet........if fate doesn't shine on you then so be it.

Injuries are part of the equation whether you like it or not.........and as I said.......the guy FINISHED THE SEASON ON IR. :lol:

It's not just the idea of you not fulfilling your end of the bet.......it's about the excuses you've been making on the subject from the start.

I told you his mileage was a major concern.......then when he struggled to stay healthy you tried to use that as an excuse for his play. :lol:

I'm not going to hear the well "you weren't really right but fate intervened against me" :rolleyes: excuses if the guy calls it quits after a concussion or any number of other excuses you are poised to make post bet. :lol:

We aren't going to debate why you were wrong.........that would be unbecoming of my hype-man. :thumbsup:

:rolleyes: