Shady's value to the Bills...

The Washington game was his worst of the season and the exclamation point on a disappointing season for him was getting stuffed at the goal line repeatedly late in the half.....knowing McCoy is all but useless in short yardage and goal line it was almost as if Roman was trying to make a point to somebody above him who wanted McCoy used more in those situations.

He was game-changing alright.......that series took the sails out of their wind.

LeSean was truly awful that day as he death spiraled from his implosion in Philly after failing miserably to stick it to Chip......embarrassing himself with bizarre behavior in the process.........I know he might not be watching offensive cut-ups of the opposition from the week before........but if he were that's what he would have seen........so not sure where Kirk "Kurt" Cousins got this great 2015 game tape on the Shadester. :lol:

More likely just an old, dated and subsequently lazy evaluation from a former division rival.

As for the 27 yard stat.......never heard that one.......sounds random and made up......real big runs end because the end zone stops them........and when you only rush for 3 TD's it means you didn't run away from the competition all that much.

We'll see if he does better in 2016. I'm hopeful he does.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Washington game was his worst of the season and the exclamation point on a disappointing season for him was getting stuffed at the goal line repeatedly late in the half.....knowing McCoy is all but useless in short yardage and goal line it was almost as if Roman was trying to make a point to somebody above him who wanted McCoy used more in those situations.

He was game-changing alright.......that series took the sails out of their wind.

LeSean was truly awful that day as he death spiraled from his implosion in Philly after failing miserably to stick it to Chip......embarrassing himself with bizarre behavior in the process.........I know he might not be watching offensive cut-ups of the opposition from the week before........but if he were that's what he would have seen........so not sure where Kirk "Kurt" Cousins got this great 2015 game tape on the Shadester. :lol:

More likely just an old, dated and subsequently lazy evaluation from a former division rival.

As for the 27 yard stat.......never heard that one.......sounds random and made up......real big runs end because the end zone stops them........and when you only rush for 3 TD's it means you didn't run away from the competition all that much.

Yes because being down 21-0 was right where the Bills wanted them. I forgot that Shady plays defense for the Bills as well. :lol:

As for his "implosion" in Philly, he gained 109 yards of offense, the most by any Bills player that day. Look elsewhere to place blame for that one.

And despite his injury-marred down year, he still made the Pro Bowl and 69 on the top 100 players. Tilting at windmills won't change those facts.

Yes because being down 21-0 was right where the Bills wanted them. I forgot that Shady plays defense for the Bills as well. :lol:

As for his "implosion" in Philly, he gained 109 yards of offense, the most by any Bills player that day. Look elsewhere to place blame for that one.

And despite his injury-marred down year, he still made the Pro Bowl and 69 on the top 100 players. Tilting at windmills won't change those facts.

Do you think he deserved to?

Yeah.......that's kind of the thing about getting back into games......when you get to the goal line and your highest paid offensive player.....the 29th best player in the NFL :lol: ....... can't cash that easy check it can be a bit demoralizing for the club.

And regarding his implosion......I was referring more to his mental instability before and after the game but he didn't have a good game either.

When the Bills needed him to step up and stem the tide McCoy got worse......in part because Kelly had his defense crashing on McCoy's sideline paths.

Call it familiarity making unpredictability a lot more predictable.

Enter MG and the street free agent immediately breaks off a relatively long TD run.

20 rushes for 74 yards and no TD's in the revenge game he had circled on his calendar for 7-8 months was not a good day for LeSean.

It was my opinion that he played in the Washington game like he was about ready to curl up under his rock for the rest of the season before he was obliged to call it a season by a knee injury.

Yeah.......that's kind of the thing about getting back into games......when you get to the goal line and your highest paid offensive player.....the 29th best player in the NFL :lol: ....... can't cash that easy check it can be a bit demoralizing for the club.

And regarding his implosion......I was referring more to his mental instability before and after the game but he didn't have a good game either.

When the Bills needed him to step up and stem the tide McCoy got worse......in part because Kelly had his defense crashing on McCoy's sideline paths.

Enter MG and the street free agent immediately breaks off a relatively long TD run.

20 rushes for 74 yards and no TD's in the revenge game he had circled on his calendar for 7-8 months was not a good day for LeSean.

It was my opinion that he played in the Washington game like he was about ready to curl up under his rock for the rest of the season before he was obliged to call it a season by a knee injury.

A couple of things here

- I dont think you will get anyone to argue with you that Shady is an emotional volatile person.......this has already been brought out of him on more then one occasion.....doesnt mean he isnt a very dynamic player

- Is it really a suprise that his former HC knew his tendancies and made sure his D planned accordingly? That is why when a different back was inserted there were big plays from them. What the bills SHOULD have done was use him as bit of a decoy and go to other players....sprinkling plays for him in.

- Shady is a bill and I defend bills players that is no suprise to anyone....but I do view McCoy as a bit of a merc.....which means I will cheer for him while he is a bill and once he is not I will immediately stop.

I am actually hopeing we have something with this WIlliams kid......he should be hitting his stride right when the bills are making cap decisions regarding Shady down the road.

I never understood why a "bills fan" is so critical of his own player

THere are PLENTY of players that make the pro bowl that probably deserve to go to someone else who had a better year....do their fans complain that their player made it?

I'm not complaining about it. I'm asking if he felt he deserved it. It's a fair question if he's gonna hold it up like an accolade for his 2015 performance.

Not sure. But people in the business did.

You aren't sure if he deserved the award, but the award means something? What?

Are fan voters "people in the business," now?

Edited by FireChan

A fan, or fanatic, sometimes also called aficionado or supporter, is a person who is enthusiastically devoted .

What is the difficult part here ?

Those that call themselves realists , are much more in line with " Observers "

I am not saying all opinions should not have some value, but this dividing of the board here is silly.

If you don't like the the team, then find another.

if you are just unhappy with life? Get counseling.

For the win. It's incredible that some always complain. Why bother? 31 other teams and four other professional sports leagues to follow that might bring them some joy.

Shady is one of the best in the league when healthy, as he showed last season. He was no less quick or fast or elusive after he recovered from his hamstring injury. In short, he was the same Shady we've seen during the Philly years. He missed four games and was in and out of a couple others. Still had almost a thousand yards.

The Bills are forecasted to be 50 or so million under the cap; enough to pay Gilmore (If they desire) and Taylor (If he earns it). Like any other team, some players are going to walk at some point because they can't afford to keep everyone. No team can. But they will pay the ones who form the core of the team and supplement with the draft and lower level FA's. Something like Pittsburgh and Green Bay and N.E. Sound business practice. Of course the QB makes this work better.

Getting back into games when you're down 21 points and have shown no signs of stopping the other team from scoring demoralizes you more than anything. And the season was over by then anyway. As for the backups, yeah ripping off a long run here and there is great, but it doesn't make a career.

You aren't sure if he deserved the award, but the award means something? What?

Are fan voters "people in the business," now?

I could make an argument either way for him deserving to be named to the Pro Bowl and the top-100 list. But fan voting is only 1/3 of the Pro Bowl vote. I'm not sure how much, if at all, it factors into the top-100 list.

I haven't read the whole thread but am starting to think that Shady is the most underrated player on the team amongst the fans. He was voted the 5th best back in the NFL per the players for 2016 (as per the top 100). He was dynamic last year when healthy and led the #1 rushing offense in the NFL. He is capable of making plays that NO other back in the NFL can make (see the cut against Houston). This guy is a perennial Pro Bowl player that has a legitimate chance of one day ending up in the HOF. I expect another 2-3 good years out of him. We are lucky to have this difference maker in the backfield.

I haven't read the whole thread but am starting to think that Shady is the most underrated player on the team amongst the fans. He was voted the 5th best back in the NFL per the players for 2016 (as per the top 100). He was dynamic last year when healthy and led the #1 rushing offense in the NFL. He is capable of making plays that NO other back in the NFL can make (see the cut against Houston). This guy is a perennial Pro Bowl player that has a legitimate chance of one day ending up in the HOF. I expect another 2-3 good years out of him. We are lucky to have this difference maker in the backfield.

Yup. Like I said, I'm looking forward to seeing him play healthy this year.

I would like to see 2 more years of strong play and gradually start to work in Williams into this role.

I really like our RB stable as it sits.....

So he's worth 4.88% of this year's cap, then?

;)

Getting back into games when you're down 21 points and have shown no signs of stopping the other team from scoring demoralizes you more than anything. And the season was over by then anyway. As for the backups, yeah ripping off a long run here and there is great, but it doesn't make a career.

I could make an argument either way for him deserving to be named to the Pro Bowl and the top-100 list. But fan voting is only 1/3 of the Pro Bowl vote. I'm not sure how much, if at all, it factors into the top-100 list.

I find it odd to argue one way, when you could go the opposite, you know?

I would like to see 2 more years of strong play and gradually start to work in Williams into this role.

I really like our RB stable as it sits.....

I'm not sure that Karlos Williams will ever be more than a change of pace back. He's an explosive one-cut runner but I don't think will ever be the lead dog. He will always be a valuable member of a committee. I actually think that Jonathan Williams will be the next lead back.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

:beer:

I'm not sure that Karlos Williams will ever be more than a change of pace back. He's an explosive one-cut runner but I don't think will ever be the lead dog. He will always be a valuable member of a committee. I actually think that Jonathan Williams will be the next lead back.

Kirby,

I should have been more clear....I meant JOHNATHAN Williams as the lead back

Kirby,

I should have been more clear....I meant JOHNATHAN Williams as the lead back

Oh, ha ha, in that case I agree!! They have been really impressed with him so far. He has the skillset of a good NFL back. When we look back at this draft he is going to end up as one of the steals.

IMO based on similarity in styles, JW will be Shady's backup if he gets hurt, Wilder will back up Karlos. Not sure what happens will gillislee. But they need him for camp. I love our RB group.

And yes, shady is curiously underrated by many Bills fans. I have to think it's his contract that is the biggest factor there. During the season, IMO the offense looked significantly better with him than without him. And he makes some plays that are jaw dropping and rare.

Edited by YoloinOhio