Dallas Offered Us Their 2nd and 3rd for #19

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And by the way - most of the draftniks had left Floyd out of the top ten, but I nailed that one. So sometimes I'm right...

It is interesting how you are bragging about Floyd (did those teams get it wrong now?) yet berating the bills about Lawson (so now the bills are wrong)

There were legit concerns about lack of lower body strength on Floyd (like with what happened with Mingo)

Shaq Lawson has a legit mans body......lower body power which converts power to speed on the pass rush.......athletic.....and relentless.

Projections are Orakpo or Suggs.....either of which I would totally take.

"Trashing"? Holy crap some of you people are sensitive. I don't like the pick, I would've made the trade. I'm not a fan of Shaq Lawson at 19, or anywhere really - I don't love the player. He's a great leader and had a productive college career but he's not athletic enough for my liking and I think he's fairly scheme-specific. If Rex Ryan is sent packing next offseason and a 4-3 coordinator replaces him, I don't see much fit for Lawson. And even with Ryan's defense in place, I wouldn't spend the 19th pick on an edge-setter who is not an elite athlete or pass rusher. I'm really sorry that offends you so much. I'm certainly willing to be wrong... are you?

I think it's a little strange that you'd be surprised that you're getting flack. If you make sarcastic comments about why the pick was made then you open yourself up to similarly non-logic-based criticism. If you have made the argument you made above at the beginning of the post I doubt people would be so annoyed.

I think that argument wasn't made initially because its combining two issues that are not directly related. One is the value of the pick made and the other is the value of trading down. Isn't this thread suppose to be about the value of trading down? And if so I think we'd all like to know who Coach would take with those picks.

Yeah, sorry, coming in short on value in the middle of the draft while trying to get your QB of the future just isnt going to get it done. Dallas needed to be over value in their offer by 85 points, not 85 short.

Why should the Bills lose out and do any other team a favor there?

85 is a high 4th round pick...Dallas came with no game -- this needed to be their 2,3,4 this year and next year's 2 for the Bills 1, 6 this year or something like that....it had to be a no brainer....Jerry must think Whaley is dumb..

85 is a high 4th round pick...Dallas came with no game -- this needed to be their 2,3,4 this year and next year's 2 for the Bills 1, 6 this year or something like that....it had to be a no brainer....Jerry must think Whaley is dumb..

Jerry: Hey Doug, put Buddy on the line. I've got a heckuva deal for him.

Whaley: *click*

If their starting QB stays healthy that's very possible. They were a playoff team the year before.

1-11 without Romo, 3-1 with him.

I agree with you. If they keep him healthy and with Elliott in the backfield they should win the East. Deep into the play-offs? Less sure.

We still would have Ragland maybe, but no Shaq. He might have gone to the JESTS, Cinci, or Pitt.

Could have had Jack or Jaylon Smith. Ouch! Rags might have gone to Jax.

I don't see much at the top of the 3rd between where Dallas and The Bills picked that is very exciting though.

Keep in mind Bills did not know about Smith or Jack at that time.

I am very concerned that the Clemson connection swayed the pick.

If you think of it as greater insight into Clemson players and program , would you feel any better?

here is my simple opinion.

Bills got the player at the top of their boards later than they thought, and then again in the second round ( after trading up even )

Awesome!

Cowboys should have supplied Bills with an offer they could not refuse. Whaley stayed disciplined and did his thing.

Hindsight is only for light dialogue here, not taking sides or being harsh. Draft coulda gone bazillion ways. and I was very surprised how it went personally.

I found it humorous that Stephen Jones told the Old nut bucket NO ! , again.

Bills win.

a two and three this year and next years two would seem very reasonable.

having said that, i am happy with who the Bills have, And there is no way of knowing who the Bills would of been left with if they did make the trade. A draft is like the Butterfly Effect, one pick sets a serious of events in motion.