What Kolby at WR does for the Bills right now

actually, he can't play. He's borderline terrible. He shouldn't be on this roster or almost any roster in this league.

I also think the statement about training for the Olympics vs Football is bogus. The man has literally spent the last 3 years training for football. And he's proved he still sucks. This year he made it known he's taking one last shot at the Olympics (not absurd to think this is his last shot considering in 4 years he'll have lost a bit).

The fact is, just like Roscoe Parrish (I'm assuming you made excuses for him too) he is just way to small to play in the nfl. If your under 180lbs, chances are your going to be injured way too often. You just don't have enough meat on your bones to take the impacts. And don't say this has to do with training for the Olympics either. He just doesn't have a big enough frame to put on the weight needed.

Does that mean Listenbee will be any better than Glass because he is taller and bigger? Nope. As others pointed out, you can be the fastest man in the world but if you can't beat a guy pressing you at the LOS it doesn't mean squat.

He still sucks? He had 3 years to train for football? Last summer he won silver in the Pan Am. games. This summer he is going back to the olympics- in 2012 he was in the olympics, I'm sure he had qualifications and other types of events he participated inbetween also. Sounds like a lifestyle to me, maybe he is a part time olympian? Sure.

Don Beebe was a slight framed speedster who played the complimentary role for 8 maybe 9 years in the NFL. The same NFL that recorderd hardest hit videos while guys tried to decapitate WR's. He had some injuries but remained productive in his role. So don't tell me it's impossible.

So just to recap, Goodwin hasn't spent 3 years training for the NFL, I never defended Roscoe Parrish, I love Don Beebe. So now your last opinion that Goodwin sucks, if he wasn't always hurt that would be bogus as I said above. He has shown the ability to get off the LOS and make plays when-hardly ever healthy. Goodwin is an employee of the Buffalo Bills but plays for the Men's National Olympic team lets face the facts.

I agree though on Listenbee, blocking is a weakness from every scouting report I have read and until I see him get off press coverage I'm expecting a PS designation.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How often do unacomplished college receiver speedsters become accomplished NFL receivers?

Mike Wallace comes to mind. Might be a stretch for the accomplished part. But when Wallace had a abig armed QB throwing the ball to him , he did alright. TT lives to throw the long ball.

Very little actually in terms of his likely actual production. He likely at best is a diamond in the rough who will need some serious coaching in how to run both complex and even relatively simple routes before he is a legit pro at WR.

In fact he may never become a consistent legitimate threat to catch the ball a lot and stand-up to a full season of getting hit.

He can run the fly because of his world class speed. Even better he has demonstrated good hands which will differentiate him from past high speed guys who could out run the opposing CB but then had alligator arms and drop the pass..

However, what Kolby has right now and quite likely after a pre-season is that his play though likely easily defensed by an opponents fastest CB, if he plays it will be a boon for Watkins whose production is now demanding the fastest opposing CB and a double-team to neutralize him.

Opposing DCs will likely have to pick their poison and either cover Kolby one on one with their fastest CB thus leaving Watkins to face B talent or give Watkins the cover he deserves and plan on Kolby not simply outrunning the CB.

Add to this a three WR set which likely gives our #2 WR Williams a shot at getting covered likely one on one with Watkins getting the opponents best cover guy and Kolby getting their fastest CB.

I expect little production from a third day choice rookie WR, but I really like what getting a WR who is mutant fast and demonstrated at TCU good hands because in 3 WR sets h can do a lot to liberate Watkins and Williams to actually produce.

Add our RB cast (augmented with a rookie longshot who had 1st round talent before injury and is now cleared by our medical staff, but is still only #4 on our depth chart) which will demand 7 in the box and our O personnel looks foreboding to me even with the loss of Harvin and Hogan.

6th Rd WR picks from the 2015 Draft:

Total Catches - 4

On the insinuation that Goodwin has bad hands, I have to disagree, I think Goodwin is a good WR that just happens to be fast. He showed us his all around skill a couple years ago when Woods and Sammy were out for a couple games. When the other WRs are healthy, though, he's relegated to the deep ball, which I assume our new speed guy would be too. The only downside to Goodwin is his health/durability, that's it, really. If he could stay on the field, he'd be a damn fine weapon.

Not that he'll demand huge bucks, but Goodwin becomes a UFA at end of this year anyway (only $150K in dead money if we drop him now), and so is replaced by a guy with a higher potential ceiling and one that is (hopefully) less injury prone, and is locked up for years to come at a more team friendly price. Oh, and Listenbee is a stud gunner on special teams .No brainer for a late round pick.

He still sucks? He had 3 years to train for football? Last summer he won silver in the Pan Am. games. This summer he is going back to the olympics- in 2012 he was in the olympics, I'm sure he had qualifications and other types of events he participated inbetween also. Sounds like a lifestyle to me, maybe he is a part time olympian? Sure.

Don Beebe was a slight framed speedster who played the complimentary role for 8 maybe 9 years in the NFL. The same NFL that recorderd hardest hit videos while guys tried to decapitate WR's. He had some injuries but remained productive in his role. So don't tell me it's impossible.

So just to recap, Goodwin hasn't spent 3 years training for the NFL, I never defended Roscoe Parrish, I love Don Beebe. So now your last opinion that Goodwin sucks, if he wasn't always hurt that would be bogus as I said above. He has shown the ability to get off the LOS and make plays when-hardly ever healthy. Goodwin is an employee of the Buffalo Bills but plays for the Men's National Olympic team lets face the facts.

I agree though on Listenbee, blocking is a weakness from every scouting report I have read and until I see him get off press coverage I'm expecting a PS designation.

Your missing the whole point. Even if Glass concentrated solely on football, he still wouldn't add height and weight to his tiny frame which is the main reason he sucks. He can't stay healthy and he can't stay in the field even when he is healthy. He's hist not good.

Oh, and btw, I know you probably idolize him for making a play against Leon Lett in the biggest blowout in Super Bowl history, but Beebee sucked too.

Not sure what he brings right now. I think the goal is for him to become a Martavis Bryant like deep threat across from the obvious big threat in watkins. When Bryant played - Both are big, fast, and were raw coming out. I don't think he'll get a ton of snaps this year - but don't be surprised if he gets some, especially as the WR2 with woods shifting to the slot.

Edited by dneveu

You know...its interesting because one of the single biggest complains of our WR core was

- Goodwin thinks he is a track star not a football player

- Lack of speed past Sammy Watkins

- Percy providing these things but not committed

So the bills go out and get one of the fastest college (and now NFL) players and PEOPLE STILL DONT LIKE IT

He was drafted for a reason folks....give him a chance.

It sort of makes you wonder if we draft this guy in the 4th or 5th do some fans become happier with the selection . . .

I'm sorry, I just can't imagine missing Chris Hogan.

Wonder if the Pats* will miss their 12 mil

Your missing the whole point. Even if Glass concentrated solely on football, he still wouldn't add height and weight to his tiny frame which is the main reason he sucks. He can't stay healthy and he can't stay in the field even when he is healthy. He's hist not good.

Oh, and btw, I know you probably idolize him for making a play against Leon Lett in the biggest blowout in Super Bowl history, but Beebee sucked too.

I thought Don B. has his nitch on the team.....his speed was to draw coverage off of the other receivers and he had Jim Kelly throwing him the ball. If you put him on another team maybe he does not do as well.

I would not be opposed to keeping Goodwin on the team....it allows us to bring our rook along more slowley. You just know that Goodwin isnt gonna last the whole season so the rook is gonna get playing time anyway.

in his highlights kolby actually high points a few balls and made a bunch of catches with his feet in the air.... something we have yet to see from our past burners

I thought Goodwin did do that a bit....the problem was that once he caught the ball he got bounced off the turf like he was in a pinball machine......and didnt get up

I think he'll be more of a kickoff and /or punt returner if he can field the ball. I can't see him making it on the field for the offense much, maybe 3 or 4 plays a game which I guess is all he'd be needed for.. If he makes the team, which he probably has a good chance to do, but I wouldn't get my hopes up that he's going to get Sammy more looks per game.. We'd want our core players on the field which calls for 3 WR's, not a 4th... McCoy, Clay, Watkins, Woods, and whoever is the slot guy.. Kolby would most likely be the 4th guy on special occasions. Again, maybe 3 or 4 plays a game besides Special teams..

actually, he can't play. He's borderline terrible. He shouldn't be on this roster or almost any roster in this league.

Yes, his body might not be built for the NFL, but Goodwin's pretty darn good as a receiver.

Edited by Chilly