RD 4, Pick 139: QB Cardale Jones, Ohio State

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Jones finds himself a favorite WR it's OVER. -Finding a favorite target is something EJ, Kaepernick, and Tyrod never did..

Brady has Gronk.... Rogers has Nelson... Wilson has Baldwin... Flacco had nobody last season, but used to have Boldin....

QB to wideout chemistry is one of the most impressive things on a football field... You gotta have it if you want to win.

yeah that Tyrod Taylor guy is huge.

You're a little late to the party, like the 4th person in on that comment. If you read on, you'll see that I clarified it more as Whaley. It wasn't as much as an evaluation as it was Rex campaigning/demanding we get the guy.

But Taylor certainly was evaluated and scrutinized by our scouts -- back in 2011. They obviously felt it was more imperative to draft Chris White in the 6th round over him.

Edited by QCity

If Jones finds himself a favorite WR it's OVER. -Finding a favorite target is something EJ, Kaepernick, and Tyrod never did..

Brady has Gronk.... Rogers has Nelson... Wilson has Baldwin... Flacco had nobody last season, but used to have Boldin....

QB to wideout chemistry is one of the most impressive things on a football field... You gotta have it if you want to win.

I suggest you watch the games with your eyes open this year. The Taylor to Watkins chemistry got dramatically better as the season went on. Tyrod never had the opportunity to develop the chemistry last year in OTAs and training camp.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

Just watched his stint on Gruden's QB Camp on ESPN and I came away impressed with his demeanor. If he gets the proper coaching and we can be patient, we may have a player here.

GO BILLS!!!

I suggest you watch the games with your eyes open this year. The Taylor to Watkins chemistry got dramatically better as the season went on. Tyrod never had the opportunity to develop the chemistry last year in OTAs and training camp.

Hey, I hope it flourishes... I want it to be something opposing DB's worry about.

Late to the party and havent gone through all 14 pages yet, but I'm hoping everyone is pretty happy. Especially since he was the run away winner in the QB poll thread, and getting him with our comp 4th was a steal!

Its great to see the Bills are least adding young, mid-tier QBs to the stable. Hopefully that becomes semi-regular practice. Bring the kid in with no pressure, some great guys to learn from, and develop him as your 3 this year and backup next year.

I dont expect much from him right now, but Im happy with the pick. And happier we stayed away from Cook and Hackenberg.

from a golf buddy of mine who is an OSU alum and knows every facet of OSU football:

"He's huge, cannon arm, surprisingly athletic. He's pretty bright. The rap on him was that he was goofy and wasn't always serious enough. I've seen interviews that suggest that it's going to be real now. I like him; I hope he makes it big."

Surprisingly, that's probably the most accurate assessment. Guys have to have elite talent AND the will to outwork people. It's not easy to simultaneously have both those traits.

You're a little late to the party, like the 4th person in on that comment. If you read on, you'll see that I clarified it more as Whaley. It wasn't as much as an evaluation as it was Rex campaigning/demanding we get the guy.

But Taylor certainly was evaluated and scrutinized by our scouts -- back in 2011. They obviously felt it was more imperative to draft Chris White in the 6th round over him.

Again I'll respond to off topic material. Who cares about 2011? Whaley wasn't the GM scouting Taylor. Flash Forward to 2015 and Whaley WAS the GM that brought Taylor in. He's the GM and personnel is his game (even if the HC begs). So you AGAIN your point is moot.

I'm also excited for a high ceiling low risk player. We needed a QB this draft. We got a QB with some of the best measurable. Previously, we had to take a player like this in the first round.

This guy is a true project, but that is okay given where we drafted him. He is the most physically gifted QB in this draft. Let him sit for 2 years before even thinking about playing him & I don't think there is a chance he beats out Manuel for the backup role this year. Hopefully Taylor works out & he becomes trade bait, but this is a great insurance policy if we can't get a deal done with TT.

Just watched his stint on Gruden's QB Camp on ESPN and I came away impressed with his demeanor. If he gets the proper coaching and we can be patient, we may have a player here.

GO BILLS!!!

I saw that, too, and was also impressed. Seems like a good kid.

GO BILLS!!!

I saw that, too, and was also impressed. Seems like a good kid.

Cant find the whole thing, but this is a pretty good clip and it continues into the next part.

Edited by DrDareustein

Don`t like it, his name recognition outstretches his talent

Agree 100% this will be another Whaley fail. If Tyrod doesn't pan out this year we will be right back where we were foe the last 16 years, no QB, no prospects, no playoffs, and no hope.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

His run to the National Championship 2 seasons ago was spectacular. He still finished college with a +60% completion percentage and never lost a game despite being benched. This guy is as raw as it gets but I would say that is better than having someone who is a bit raw but has had bad tendencies develop. We get him here with a chance for NFL coaches to mold him into a starter and maybe more. I really wish the NFL and CFL had some sort of player borrow program wherewe could send him to the CFL and he could develop there while we pay his salary. Anyways I love the pick and while we most likely won't turn into anything special at the next level, we still got a guy that if he does grow, could end up being one of the best in the game for a compensatory pick.