Go on the record: who should the Bills have taken at 19?

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills have taken at 19?

• Whaley got it right: Shaq Lawson!
    • Darron Lee
    • Paxton Lynch
    • Robert Nkemdiche
    • Myles Jack
    • Jarran Reed
    • Reggie Ragland
    • Noah Spence
    • Chris Jones
    • Josh Doctson
    • Laquon Treadwell
    • Will Fuller
    • Someone Else (Comment!)

Picks 1-18 have already happened.

Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, Joey Bosa, Ezekiel Elliott, Jalen Ramsey, Ronnie Stanley, DeForest Buckner, Jack Conklin, Leonard Floyd, Eli Apple, Vernon Hargreaves, Sheldon Rankins, Laremy Tunsil, Karl Joseph, Corey Coleman, Taylor Decker, Keanu Neal, and Ryan Kelly are all off the board.

No trading back.

Go on the record: who should the Bills have taken at 19?

Let's put it this way. A numbnuts like Ryan and Whaley picked a non-descript DE, while a Super Bowl winner like John Elway MOVED UP to take Lynch. Says it all.

Yeah, why take a versatile, talented defender when you can overdraft a passer that doesn't read the field and misses intermediate throws waaaaaay too often?

And I would've taken Jack, but Shaq was my 2nd

Whaley got this pick about as right as you can get a pick. Most prognosticators had taken before our turn to pick and it's hard to imagine there was anyone else above him on our board. And it's a HUGE bonus when BPA meets an area of need.

GO BILLS!!!

I think this is a great thread. So often fans - with 20/20 hindsight - say we should have take this Pro Bowler or that Pro Bowler instead of the bum we actually drafted.

So let's say it now.

For myself, I'm going to guess this: if I had the same input from the scouting staff that DW had, I probably would have picked Shaq too.

As a Bills/NFL fan who doesn't study college game tape, I agree entirely with K-9:

Whaley got this pick about as right as you can get a pick. Most prognosticators had taken before our turn to pick and it's hard to imagine there was anyone else above him on our board. And it's a HUGE bonus when BPA meets an area of need.

GO BILLS!!!

GO BILLS!!!

Yep, I had no doubt he would be gone at 12 or 13 at least. We lucked out and we got him AND Reggie in the 2nd. This draft is looking good for us and Tenessee, jesus the Titans have so many 2nd round picks they are gonna be a good team in a year or two.

Let's put it this way. A numbnuts like Ryan and Whaley picked a non-descript DE, while a Super Bowl winner like John Elway MOVED UP to take Lynch. Says it all.

You mean the same John Elway who had no QB on his roster 24 hours ago? At this time yesterday, 55 year old Elway was the most qualified QB in Denver.