Round 2 Projections

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I think about it the Bills go WR with their 2nd round pick. The Bills have 4 massive needs after Lawson being drafted. RT, MLB. NT, and WR. MLB probably being the least urgent and a position I think they address in round 3 given their draft history at that position. So that leaves RT, NT, and WR as targets for the second round. I think they would be most comfortable with what they have on the roster at RT maybe deciding to bring in a tackle in round 4 or 5. So when you look at NT and WR, Rex's teams traditionally have found late round or cheap vets to play the space eater NT position. So that leaves WR as a position they likely look to target if the right player falls.

That's my logic at least. But if I were drafting I would like to see a true NT type if one is available. The defense desperately needs one and with Lawson added to the line it could fill one last gaping hole in the front 7 esp if a depth MLB is added and Kyle Williams stays healthy.

It depends on who is there. WR is slim this year. I hope we can fill each of these needs, but whoever is the best player of those positions you take in the 2nd and 3rd. Take a guy to take a guy is a poor strategy. 4th and later you have to just take BPA to get good players.

There's usually enough talent that if you want to fill 3-4 positions, you go for the best in each spot in the top 3 picks or you move up.

@JasonLaCanfora

If Connor Cook is still on the board when the Bills pick tonight, that could very well be his spot. Wouldn't be surprised if goes sooner

I wouldn't mind if they picked Cook. He's an immediate upgrade over EJ, IMO and he has the tools to be a franchise QB. There's not much pressure on him as a 2nd round pick

Either he remains a top-tier backup (which is useful if Tyrod's prone to injury) or he takes over when Tyrod leaves.

If Tyrod stays, Cook is also valuable trade bait down the line.

Cook has some talent and I wouldn't be horribly disappointed if they take him, but I think several defenders will be available that are much more likely to pan out than Cook. I know that some see greatness, but I see a guy with good size and a good arm that isn't accurate enough for the NFL. Maybe I am wrong - I will sure hope so if they pick him.

@RapSheet

#Browns at 32, #Titans at 33 and #Cowboys at 34 are getting plenty of phone calls about trades. More fun coming tonight.

Day 2 Mocks for Bills

As if round one mock drafts weren’t enough, we’ve got day two mock drafts of where the so called experts think the Bills are headed tonight.

The Buffalo Bills have picks at 49 and 80 and guessing who they pick is just that, a guess.

@JasonLaCanfora

If Connor Cook is still on the board when the Bills pick tonight, that could very well be his spot. Wouldn't be surprised if goes sooner

hope so.

give me def or give me a wr

I wouldn't mind if they picked Cook. He's an immediate upgrade over EJ, IMO and he has the tools to be a franchise QB. There's not much pressure on him as a 2nd round pick

Either he remains a top-tier backup (which is useful if Tyrod's prone to injury) or he takes over when Tyrod leaves.

If Tyrod stays, Cook is also valuable trade bait down the line.

he is a weenie straight up

I say this only as a perk but I'd imagine we will enjoy our roster makeup if we can shift from vets like boobie/Easley that only contributed on special teams towards players like cravens who I assume would get a lot of package work on defense out of the gate and I bet play solid ST.

Day two guys that are talented enough to contribute at their position and are quick and tacklers are nice pieces to have on game day

@PFF

Two "Henry"s go in PFF's Day 2 mock draft—and neither has the first name "Derrick." https://t.co/VWNAdJsA3k

49. Buffalo Bills – Jeremy Cash, S/LB, Duke

The offensive line board doesn’t look great here, so the Bills would be wise to take another talented defensive playmaker. Cash is an interesting player because he mostly played safety at Duke, but is more likely suited to linebacker in the NFL. He lined up at safety, linebacker and slot corner in 2015, and has registered at least 45 tackles resulting in a defensive stop in each of the past two seasons.

80. Buffalo Bills – Daniel Braverman, WR, Western Michigan

The Bills were essentially looking for a receiver like Braverman when they experimented with Chris Hogan. Braverman is an elite slot receiver with the ability to get open against man and zone and the quickness to exploit any kind of route. He is also incredibly shifty with the ball in his hands and will make people miss after the catch.

@TBNSports

Who will #Bills take next? Roundup of 2nd-round projections, including @JaySkurski's: http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/04/29/roundup-second-round-mock-draft-plus-projection/

ChPnf0iW0AAmxhv.jpg

49. Buffalo Bills – Chris Jones, defensive tackle, Mississippi State.

Originally, this pick in my final mock draft was used on Ohio State wide receiver Braxton Miller, but Jones' availability changes things. He could step right into the starting lineup, giving the Bills a front seven of Jones, Marcell Dareus, Kyle Williams, Jerry Hughes, Shaq Lawson, Preston Brown and Zach Brown. On paper, that's a big improvement from just two days ago.

I believe D-Line is about to get picked over like crazy in the early 2nd. That being said, I think DJ Reader lasts until the 3rd. I want Su'a in the 2nd and Reader in the 3rd. Cardale in the 3rd if Reader is gone. WR2 is a big need but everyone that is left looks very risky for a day-2 pick. Load up on one side of the ball, bring in a group of UDFA WRs and hope one sticks.

@JasonLaCanfora

Blah - this honestly does nothing for us. If Talyor goes down or stinks we are toast anyways. RD2 and RD3 should give us starters...He replaces EJ, a backup - who gives a crap. Wasted pick

Note: This has nothing to do with the fact I hate developmental/project QBs since they basically never pan out...