RD 1, Pick 19: DE Shaq Lawson, Clemson University

Beerball

I think it's interesting that we probably don't get him if he didn't have this issue. Maybe it's a good thing he had the injury. If he's a great player missing a few games his rookie year doesn't mean much

So it appears that Lawson didn't want to have surgery but the team forced it on him after what happened in practice. Oh well, let's hope he's back in 4 months and not 6.

so wait. he doesn't have the final say in whether he has surgery or not? the bills determine what he does with his body. do they sign the consent? is that in his contract?

and if so,, what does it matter what he wants?

Sounded that way based upon Whaley's statement and the video seems to confirm that.

That would fit Whaley's statement, though it could have been better worded. Maybe I didn't get it with full context.

I surmised (in post #965) that this was the case. This confirms it.

so wait. he doesn't have the final say in whether he has surgery or not? the bills determine what he does with his body. do they sign the consent? is that in his contract?

They obviously can't force him. I'm sure you know that, doc

Okay, I misspoke when I said they "forced" it on him. I'm sure they convinced him that getting it done now was better for everyone.

Okay, I misspoke when I said they "forced" it on him. I'm sure they convinced him that getting it done now was better for everyone.

yes, it seems everyone involved in this is attempting to choose their words carefully with limited success. the nbc/florio piece makes that pretty clear.

So it appears that Lawson didn't want to have surgery but the team forced it on him after what happened in practice. Oh well, let's hope he's back in 4 months and not 6.

The medical and equipment staffs informed the team in writing that they would not be tying players shoes, brushing their teeth or wiping their assses this year..............so after what went down with the Jills the Bills had a tough decision to make.

He had a recurrence in drills and they said you know, we really need to talk about this. They have a rational discussion and come to the conclusion that maybe it's best to take your medicine, get back to 100% and that's what's best for everyone in the long run. Is that so hard? It's just common sense.

He had a recurrence in drills and they said you know, we really need to talk about this. They have a rational discussion and come to the conclusion that maybe it's best to take your medicine, get back to 100% and that's what's best for everyone in the long run. Is that so hard? It's just common sense.

Common sense. Ha ha, good one, Augie.

GO BILLS!!!

yes, it seems everyone involved in this is attempting to choose their words carefully with limited success. the nbc/florio piece makes that pretty clear.

To me it's semantics. Whether Lawson didn't want surgery or didn';t feel he needed surgery, and whether the team forced him or convinced him is immaterial. The gist is that Lawson was ready to play with it and the Bills might have let him if it didn't show itself to be a problem so soon/in practice.

yes, all good points. i use all small letters, you don't use punctuation. to each his own but i totally agree with your points.

26 dismisses you with a flick of the back of his hand. don't take it personally. he does the same to any bills critic. it's what he does.

anyone know what the going rate is for astroturfers on a per post basis?

Ask Russ Brandon.