Mike Tirico leaving ESPN (update- Skip Bayless too)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skip Bayless and Stephen A are everything wrong with espn.

Yup it drove me away. I used to have ESPN on all day every day. I used to leave SC on and watch highlights non stop. Then PTI came out and it was my favorite show on tv. Then ESPN decided that all of their programming would be that style. Now it is analysis and soap opera-ish. Someone mentioned upthread that Skip was an internet troll and I agree. He just says things to get ratings and unfortunately it worked.

Opportunity? NBC sports is a graveyard compared to ESPN. An occasional SB? Some Olympics? NASCAR? Figure Skating? NHL??

HE had a dream job. Must be a ton of money involved.

They also picked up part of Thursday Night Football along with the Sunday package. Al Michaels isn't getting younger.

Skip Bayless and Stephen A are everything wrong with espn.

As annoying as he is, Steven A actually knows basketball pretty well. I don't know what Bayless is good at it. All he does is take insane stances and be disagreeable. I hate him and respect him at the same time for making a lot of money being completely talentless.

And Tirico is very good. There are some great early ESPN stories about him being a party boy.

I'm sorry, it's not often I think something needs it's own thread, but Skip Bayless leaving and being run over by reindeer needs its own thread.

Skip Bayless doesn't deserve to share the same thread as Tirico. It's a grave insult to Tirico to consider both of them as belonging to the same profession.

Skip Bayless doesn't deserve to share the same thread as Tirico. It's a grave insult to Tirico to consider both of them as belonging to the same profession.

Both are probably making somewhere in the top 1-5% for their profession. Not sure how lofty I think sports journalism is to begin with, but if it is and there's a spectrum, they're both proudly near the top...provided of course, this guy is at the bottom:

I'm sorry, it's not often I think something needs it's own thread, but Skip Bayless leaving and being run over by reindeer needs its own thread.

That would only suck if the reindeer got any Bayless on them!

That's like comparing John Steinbeck and some guy who writes for Mad magazine.

Edited by Augie

Bayless is never gonna be seen or heard from again at that barren wasteland of a network. I mean really, does anyone watch fox sports for anything but the NFL broadcasts? I stopped watching the pre game shows a long time ago personally, just tune in for the games and I'm out

I agree about FOX. I hate it when the Bills are on FOX. Half time highlights are what, 30 seconds, with goofy Terry Bradshaw bumbling thru them at break neck speed and then they all laugh about it and spend the next 10 mins talking rubbish. Did TB get it in his contract that he had to do the highlights? He's horrible.

He's still not as bad though as marble-mouth Shannon Sharpe was.

Bayless is never gonna be seen or heard from again at that barren wasteland of a network. I mean really, does anyone watch fox sports for anything but the NFL broadcasts? I stopped watching the pre game shows a long time ago personally, just tune in for the games and I'm out

I DO watch Fox Sports regularly for the Big East basketball games. But that's about it. Mostly junk content, but they are investing and trying to create some competition for ESPN. I hope they get there, because I'm sick of ESPN in many ways.

I remember way back, when I was living in central NY and saw Mike Tirico on a local Syracuse TV station, doing the sports segments. Then when he got the job at ESPN, I scratched my head and said "Huh, who does he have naked pictures of?" LOL

To this day, I have no idea how or why he has risen "to the top" of his career field. Put me down as not a fan of Tirico. LOL

I remember way back, when I was living in central NY and saw Mike Tirico on a local Syracuse TV station, doing the sports segments. Then when he got the job at ESPN, I scratched my head and said "Huh, who does he have naked pictures of?" LOL

To this day, I have no idea how or why he has risen "to the top" of his career field. Put me down as not a fan of Tirico. LOL

I'm not a Tirico guy either, I read an article saying this move sets him up for a possible Super Bowl and Olympic appearance. That's crazy. I can think of about 10 guys if rather have calling the game.

Opinion obviously, but he's really good at what he does.