Mock Draft 2.0

H2o

I'm pissed because Rex never would have been hired in the first place if he had said it would take two seasons to implement his scheme and that it would be necessary to overhaul the defensive personnel, to boot. That is emphatically not the bill of goods we were sold.

This is such a baseless pile. It's readily apparent that no discussions were had about Rex scrapping his playbook and changing to a base 4-3. If you hate the hire that's fine but blame the person/persons responsible for hiring a defensive minded coach who's principles went against everything your highly paid players excelled at.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but here in this tree we sit

so the question still remains.....

Do you want his D to succeed?

or

Do you just want him fired?

I have never campaigned for the coach of a team I support to be fired after 1 season. Never. Not in football, soccer, cricket, rugby.... not in anything.

I would have fired Rex Ryan.

But it is crying over spilt milk now because they did not fire him and so they now have to do what it takes to give him a chance of being successful in 2016.

smokescreen IMO (re Chargers and Ramsey)

Hmmm. I am not sure Yolo. I get the feeling that they talked themsleves into Ramsey so much at a stage when they expected Tunsil to be gone and they have now built their draft strategy around that. Not that Ramsey requires much talking into.... I have given him the highest grade I have given anyone in this draft.

This is such a baseless pile. It's readily apparent that no discussions were had about Rex scrapping his playbook and changing to a base 4-3. If you hate the hire that's fine but blame the person/persons responsible for hiring a defensive minded coach who's principles went against everything your highly paid players excelled at.

Yes, whomever hired the guy should be blamed as well, but show me where Rex ever suggested that the existing personnel was not well suited to his scheme and that the Bills' defense would get worse before it got better. To the contrary, he told us we should expect a no. 1 defense last year. And yes, he should have been fired at the end of the season and he should be fired today, before he can do further damage.

Yes, whomever hired the guy should be blamed as well, but show me where Rex ever suggested that the existing personnel was not well suited to his scheme and that the Bills' defense would get worse before it got better. To the contrary, he told us we should expect a no. 1 defense last year. And yes, he should have been fired at the end of the season and he should be fired today, before he can do further damage.

Agree!

A few things here

- Very hard to keep a top 5 defense going.......in retrospect it probably would have been smarter to expect a bit of a drop off switching coaches and schemes (not as much as what actually happened....but some)

- Its a complex D scheme....at least last years was.....and in retrospect did not put have all the parts needed (like a big quality space eater in the middle)....that is why it was gonna need a year to get people on the same page and aquire players at certain spots.

- Marcel has NO BUSINESS being a 100 million dollar space eater.....that is a total waste of financial resources. I really hope that this is one of the changes going into the season

The draft can help us a lot with some of these issues......the good new for us is this is a draft that is defensive talent rich

A few things here

- Marcel has NO BUSINESS being a 100 million dollar space eater.....that is a total waste of financial resources. I really hope that this is one of the changes going into the season

The draft can help us a lot with some of these issues......the good new for us is this is a draft that is defensive talent rich

NT in round 2 makes so much sense, including for this - have Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus as the DEs, with Hughes as a pass rushing OLB, and you've got a pretty good front-7.

I throw up a little in my mouth every time I see a mock with the Bills using their first three or four picks on defense. This was one of the top three or four defenses in the league a year ago. Has Wrecks really done that much damage that quickly?

Or maybe we're trying to get the best value in a defense-heavy draft class. The only super-talented player we've lost is Mario, and he took the year off.

Is there any reason this is so special it couldn't have been put in the Mock Draft THREAD?

Why yes, yes it is. Completely different from the Fanspeak or Draftek varieties, covered every team in the first with a rationalization for said selection, AND it was done on a Saturday. ;)

A few things here

- Very hard to keep a top 5 defense going.......in retrospect it probably would have been smarter to expect a bit of a drop off switching coaches and schemes (not as much as what actually happened....but some)

- Its a complex D scheme....at least last years was.....and in retrospect did not put have all the parts needed (like a big quality space eater in the middle)....that is why it was gonna need a year to get people on the same page and aquire players at certain spots.

I agree this...

With Dareus specifically I would not worry too awful much...If Rex is going "all in" on his scheme you'll see Dareus featured...I think Marcell is going to be Rex's Sheldon Richardson in this Defense...

I love Kyle Williams...But he's limited in where he is going to be most effective, no matter what front the Bills are going to play (not to mention he's 32 coming off a knee injury...But that's a whole different reason why I think DT/3-4 DE is SO important in this Draft)...And if there is one thing about Rex, he's going to play a TON of different fronts...So Kyle can play the 1 and 3...Dareus can do what Kyle can but with much more versatility...

So what is missing?...I'll tell you what I think is missing...For Rex's Defense it's Muhammad Wilkerson that is missing...A player that can play all over the line...0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...The Bills don't have that guy...Admittedly most teams don't have that guy...

I think if you look at Rex's recent history, and the players available this year, he's is going to be lobbying HARD for a player he feels can be molded into his next Wilkerson-type...That's why I really like Chris Jones at #19...I think he's the type of player that can open things up for Dareus, and KW...Jones is certainly big and powerful enough to be a middle clogger...But he can also move around and play several different techniques along the line...I know the knocks on Jones well...But a coach is always going to want the freak athlete feeling he can get the most out of him...And Jones is the type of player that, had he shown a little more consistency and fire, would have been a top 10 player in this Draft...He's only going to be 22 this season, and the sky is the limit for Jones...He shows flashes that are ridiculous for a man his size...Getting a guy like that at #19...A guy who fills a HUGE hole in Rex's D...Well...That's what I think the Bills should do...What they will do is another story altogether... B-)

I have never campaigned for the coach of a team I support to be fired after 1 season. Never. Not in football, soccer, cricket, rugby.... not in anything.

I would have fired Rex Ryan.

But it is crying over spilt milk now because they did not fire him and so they now have to do what it takes to give him a chance of being successful in 2016.

Hmmm. I am not sure Yolo. I get the feeling that they talked themsleves into Ramsey so much at a stage when they expected Tunsil to be gone and they have now built their draft strategy around that. Not that Ramsey requires much talking into.... I have given him the highest grade I have given anyone in this draft.

they are and were prepared for all scenarios at pick #3. If they have Tunsil rated highest on their board they essentially have the #1 pick in the draft and will take him unless they get a trade offer they can't refuse. Edited by YoloinOhio

they are and were prepared for all scenarios at pick #3. If they have Tunsil rated highest on their board they essentially have the #1 pick in the draft and will take him unless they get a trade offer they can't refuse.

The could take Tunsil... but I really do believe they are going Ramsey.

I think a lot of people are on board with the trade down scenario. Since the Bills are one spot ahead of the Jets, they and the Colts are in the prime spots for that trade. However, the Colts have the pressure of having to draft a real solid player (the Bills have a decent roster already) and the chances get much lower where the Broncos pick.

I think a trade with Denver is 50-50 right now.

I think that we can get more than a 2nd for a trade down if AZ enters the picture looking for a QB. Could be a small bidding war to get in front of the Jets.

... - Marcel has NO BUSINESS being a 100 million dollar space eater.....that is a total waste of financial resources. I really hope that this is one of the changes going into the season ...

It may surprise you how much less MD played the zero after the bye week last year. And that said, he possesses the athleticism and strength to play over the nose on occasion, especially in certain personnel groups. It's not like he was ever asked to something he can't do. He had a good second half of the year in this defense.

GO BILLS!!!

It may surprise you how much less MD played the zero after the bye week last year. And that said, he possesses the athleticism and strength to play over the nose on occasion, especially in certain personnel groups. It's not like he was ever asked to something he can't do. He had a good second half of the year in this defense.

GO BILLS!!!

I want them to move Marcel around to create mismatches........that is all I am asking.

You get a guy like Billings, Vernon Butler, Sheldon Rankins, Jarran Reed.....etc etc

Then you also have the issue of Meatball probably being in his last season with us given his contract and age....so its forward thinking

Just get some guys in here that can do what RR is asking them to do......Tyrod has our back on offense