Big Ben and 2004 draft

Wiz

Quote pulled from a pretty good read on the Browns passing on him at #6. I remember feeling the pain when he was picked just before us and we ended up with Losman. :wallbash:

Mike Mularkey, former Buffalo Bills head coach: "We were going to take him at 12. Thanks for reminding me."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2016/story/_/id/15232563/the-day-browns-passed-big-ben

that was the time to trade up.

We tried didn't we? I don't remember the detail but wasn't it we were talking to Houston who then got spooked when Atlanta took a corner and fearing a run on them decided to make their pick?

It was something like that.....

Quote pulled from a pretty good read on the Browns passing on him at #6. I remember feeling the pain when he was picked just before us and we ended up with Losman. :wallbash:

Mike Mularkey, former Buffalo Bills head coach: "We were going to take him at 12. Thanks for reminding me."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2016/story/_/id/15232563/the-day-browns-passed-big-ben

Also, don't forget we traded up to get Losman, giving up our next years 1st round pick. That year was the one where Rodgers tumbled through the first round, breezing right past pick #20 where we could have been picking. Double ouch.

Losman was a great looking qb from an NFL scout perspective. The dude just didn't have the instincts.

When we brought in Sam Wyche to mentor him I thought the light was going to come on for the kid.

I will always remember his long throws to Lee Evans. They had some good ones.......

Losman was a great looking qb from an NFL scout perspective. The dude just didn't have the instincts.

When we brought in Sam Wyche to mentor him I thought the light was going to come on for the kid.

I will always remember his long throws to Lee Evans. They had some good ones.......

Breaking his leg and missing out his full rookie year may have cost JP's development that said he wasn't overly accurate at Tulane as think he's competition percentage was less than 60% which some consider a red flag.

I have some info on this......

The Bills tried to move up ahead of Pitts, they tried to work with the Jags and the Jags would not budge, instead they felt the need to draft WR Reggie Williams (BUST) The Bills also had discussion with Houston and they were willing to trade back thinking their "guy" Duanta Robinson would have been taken by Jags. Once Jags took Williams then Houston simply wanted to stay put and take the CB Robinson. So we can Blame the Jags for not letting us have Big Ben.

The Bills tried to move up ahead of Pitts, they tried to work with the Jags and the Jags would not budge, instead they felt the need to draft WR Reggie Williams (BUST) The Bills also had discussion with Houston and they were willing to trade back thinking their "guy" Duanta Robinson would have been taken by Jags. Once Jags took Williams then Houston simply wanted to stay put and take the CB Robinson. So we can Blame the Jags for not letting us have Big Ben.

yeah !@#$ Marrone!

Related somehow, still

Don't discount the possible animosity between Capers & Donahoe. If Donahoe knew both Steelers & Bills were interested in Big Ben, I'm guessing he favored helping Cowher.

We tried didn't we? I don't remember the detail but wasn't it we were talking to Houston who then got spooked when Atlanta took a corner and fearing a run on them decided to make their pick?

It was something like that.....

As I remember the Bills tried with the Jags. The Jags wouldn't budge for fear of missing out on Reggie Williams. The Bills wanted Ben bad. I think that was where the "it takes two to tango" quote came from Donahoe when he was questioned about moving up.