Philly trades for #2!

FireChan

Can't see Cleveland trading up in any round. They are in rebuild mode and need all the picks they can get.

while true, I think simply moving from top of 2nd to bottom of 1st to get their QB on a 5 year deal is a good move. They have 12 picks this year and they will be awash in comp picks next year because of all the FAs they lost/didn't sign

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while true, I think simply moving from top of 2nd to bottom of 1st to get their QB on a 5 year deal is a good move. They have 12 picks this year and they will be awash in comp picks next year because of all the FAs they lost/didn't sign

I still think it's more likely they move down once or twice more from #8 than they move up from #32. They already have 8 picks in the top 141, it wouldn't be shocking to see them get up to 11-12 picks in that range. By sheer volume they'd have to have one of the worst drafts ever to not get at least 4-5 guys who can really play out of that, 5 guys who can really play in the draft is a major win for any franchise.

RG3 looks sharp , energetic and fit , so far. Might be a very good move by the Browns

How can you tell? There's been no practice yet

Voluntary Veteran Mini-Camp: April 19-21
Another addition to the schedule because the Browns have a new coach, the team can practice together for three days with restrictions.
video on NFLN this morning

Can't see Cleveland trading up in any round. They are in rebuild mode and need all the picks they can get.

I don't think they're just looking for the most bodies they can acquire. This group will move around to get specific players they want. That will be especially true if they have a desired QB. I suspect they do, but I'm not sure who it is. I'd bet it is one of the four I mentioned - Lynch, Jones, Cook or Brissett - but that might just be me projecting my preference.

Also don't be surprised to see them trade some of those picks for some young talent already on the rosters of other teams should it become available.

DePodesta is one of the smartest dudes I've ever met. He also has a ton of pride and is very careful and diligent. I'd err on the side of things going right for Cleveland for a change...

I'm sure he knows how to run an organization; the fact that they do not have a personnel guy making football acquisitions would terrify me as a fan

Watson is being seriously overrated as an NFL prospect. He's a hell of a college QB, but until he shows he can go to a second read I won't be sold at all. Also I suspect Clemson listing him as 6'2" is generous. But there's a whole year to see how he progresses and measures.

Do you mean to say that the Bills should not, as at least one poster here suggests, tank this year for the chance to draft Watson? (I think he may have used the term "go all in".). Shocking.

Voluntary Veteran Mini-Camp: April 19-21
Another addition to the schedule because the Browns have a new coach, the team can practice together for three days with restrictions.
video on NFLN this morning

Sorry, forgot about that

The Oakland A's did it for a long while.

I think it's a little bit easier for a baseball team since they get 40+ draft picks every year.

In football, you need to get the draft right, and as teams like the 2006-2009 Bills and 2013-14 Jets saw, that's much more difficult if you don't have a personnel guy running things.

Not saying it can't work, but I'm skeptical

I think it's a little bit easier for a baseball team since they get 40+ draft picks every year.

In football, you need to get the draft right, and as teams like the 2006-2009 Bills and 2013-14 Jets saw, that's much more difficult if you don't have a personnel guy running things.

Not saying it can't work, but I'm skeptical

Can it really be any worse than the last guys did?

Exactly. The Browns had so-called "personnel" guys running the last few drafts, yet their owner was taking advice from homeless dudes and the bungled pick after pick. DePodesta has too much pride to screw this up. They're going to get better.

Or the guys before that? Or the ones before that? Or any of ones that were part of the cluster**** that has paraded through Berea, OH since 1999? Honestly, the most screwed up thing that I've heard since this trade happened was Phil Savage stating that Goff and Wentz were the big winners here because neither had to go to the QB graveyard and total trainwreck that has been the Cleveland Browns. Yeah, how about that total moron GM who traded first and second round picks to Dallas for Brady Freaking Quinn and then sat there grinning ear to ear? Wasn't he the same imbecile that handed Ngata to the hated division rival Ravens for a 6th round pick? What an idiot! You can't make this stuff up.

Or the guys before that? Or the ones before that? Or any of ones that were part of the cluster**** that has paraded through Berea, OH since 1999? Honestly, the most screwed up thing that I've heard since this trade happened was Phil Savage stating that Goff and Wentz were the big winners here because neither had to go to the QB graveyard and total trainwreck that has been the Cleveland Browns. Yeah, how about that total moron GM who traded first and second round picks to Dallas for Brady Freaking Quinn and then sat there grinning ear to ear? Wasn't he the same imbecile that handed Ngata to the hated division rival Ravens for a 6th round pick? What an idiot! You can't make this stuff up.

One of the few teams with a worse player personnel record than the Bills between 1999 and 2010. And we've seemingly gotten back on track, at least.

I'm pulling for DePodesta, the Cleveland fans deserve better.

Edited by DrDareustein

One of the few teams with a worse player personnel record than the Bills between 1999 and 2010. And we've seemingly gotten back on track, at least.

I'm pulling for DePodesta, the Cleveland fans deserve better.

They are and have been the one franchise that Bills fans can point to and say "Well, atleast we're not the Browns."