Mock - Paxton Lynch

Virgil

I've now seen two mocks, one on sport line where Paxton Lynch goes top 15. Based off the amount of attention we've thrown his way, I wonder if a trade up would happen.

I'm not advocating that. I honesty don't see any standout talent for us, just a lot of depth. I'm a TT guy, but also understand that he can get hurt. So if it's a qb that we can lock up for 5 years that could end up being the guy, I'll trust the front office to make that call.

Personally, with such a deep draft, I'd prefer to trade out of the first and get the Stanford or penn state kid in the 4th round or later

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've now seen two mocks, one on sport line where Paxton Lynch goes top 15. Based off the amount of attention we've thrown his way, I wonder if a trade up would happen.

I'm not advocating that. I honesty don't see any standout talent for us, just a lot of depth. I'm a TT guy, but also understand that he can get hurt. So if it's a qb that we can lock up for 5 years that could end up being the guy, I'll trust the front office to make that call.

Personally, with such a deep draft, I'd prefer to trade out of the first and get the Stanford or penn state kid in the 4th round or later

Every player in the league can get hurt.

Agreed, but mobile qb's not named Cam are more prone to it. As TT showed last year. If someone put odds on him finishing a full season heathy, I wouldn't take 50/5 on it.

what about Roethlisberger? He gets hurt every year

Yeah really. But they do have EJ locked up for another 2-3 years....

If there is one thing Whaley knows...it's scouting/drafting a QB.

Top 10 for Lynch wouldn't surprise me at all. He won't make it out of the teens for sure. If the Browns move back from 2 you have to think it is because they like Lynch as much or better than whichever of Wentz/Goff makes it to them.

Top 10 for Lynch wouldn't surprise me at all. He won't make it out of the teens for sure. If the Browns move back from 2 you have to think it is because they like Lynch as much or better than whichever of Wentz/Goff makes it to them.

I think if the Browns move back then it is to stockpile picks and they take Cardale in Round 2.

Every player in the league can get hurt.

Every player isn't the focus of the defense, with plays designed to attack him whenever he has the ball. But then, you know that. It's just fun to act like TT is just another QB, not a smallish QB, that runs the ball a lot.

Every player isn't the focus of the defense, with plays designed to attack him whenever he has the ball. But then, you know that. It's just fun to act like TT is just another QB, not a smallish QB, that runs the ball a lot.

Like I mentioned earlier....what about Roethlisberger......he seems to be hurt often...he's not a smallish QB who runs the ball a lot

Agreed, but mobile qb's not named Cam are more prone to it. As TT showed last year. If someone put odds on him finishing a full season heathy, I wouldn't take 50/5 on it.

How about 10 to 1 instead?

I think if the Browns move back then it is to stockpile picks and they take Cardale in Round 2.

I don't buy the Cardale hype. He's got great raw physical talent and he's very smart, but he is a total project. It'll take years for a team to get him developed enough to see what they've got. That's why he's a Day 3 pick.

We need to draft a QB this year Lynch, Cook, Goff or Wentz. We need one. I don't want to be the Broncos of next year. Where a QB wants $20MM dollars and he is no where near worth it and you are left with nothing.

This is the truth. I suppose Tyrod COULD improve, but if he stays what he is, he's exactly what you say.

As far as Lynch is concerned, if he's still there at 19, Whaley will be hard-pressed to pass on him. imho

So what?

So...just because you have a smallish QB who runs a lot doesn't mean he's necessarily more prone to injury than a big, strong, non-mobile QB.