Mock - Paxton Lynch

Virgil

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

paxton lynch would be the best possible long term option at #19.

unfortunately we have short term thinkers making decisions.

"unfortunately"? Do you prefer a re-build at this point? Also, Paxton is in the eye of the beholder. I don't think he's a first round talent, so it's a reach IMO at 19.

Seeing how desperate teams are to trade up for QB, Lynch could be a less expensive way to go for the most critical position.

It's a big gamble unless Taylor is the real deal. Lynch would need at least 2 years on the sidelines, not thrown in there like EJ.

lots of ways to build a championship team, but the most important position by far is QB.

i'm a big fan of TT but his long term status as our #1 QB is unsettled (for one year wonder questions, injury and most importantly his signability).

we don't have a #2 on the roster, therefore taking a position player who will provide immediate help is short term thinking.

EJ will never be a #1 or #2.....therefore keeping him as a #3 instead of grooming a potential #1 is also short term thinking.

both rex and doug are in save their azz/job mode, thinking short term.

hopefully some of that "refreshing" point of view the pegulas are bringing to the war room, that whaley mentioned, includes a QB very early in the draft (1st or 2nd round) and another one late in the draft.

lots of ways to build a championship team, but the most important position by far is QB.

i'm a big fan of TT but his long term status as our #1 QB is unsettled (for one year wonder questions, injury and most importantly his signability).

we don't have a #2 on the roster, therefore taking a position player who will provide immediate help is short term thinking.

EJ will never be a #1 or #2.....therefore keeping him as a #3 instead of grooming a potential #1 is also short term thinking.

hopefully some of that "refreshing" point of view the pegulas are bringing to the war room, that whaley mentioned, includes a QB very early in the draft (1st or 2nd round) and another one late in the draft.

Where is your evidence for this?

Save your azz mode does not equate to taking a QB who needs a couple of years on the bench.

Edited by stony

I could give two shiits about how he wears his beard.

Do you really want to go through the 2016 with just Taylor at QB with manuel and some late round nobody behind him at QB??

The way Taylor plays he's almost certain to get injured at some point. That means that we will need to have somebody behind who can get the job done.

Had we won the two games that Manuel started last year we would have made the playoffs.

Lynch looks like D. Bledsoe in his prime with much more mobility. He has the potential to be the best QB in this draft. That alone makes him worth the risk at #19 overall.

I'm with you - something about him annoys me and can't stand his name

Glad I'm not alone on this one, I watched a bunch of his interviews yesterday and he irritates the heck out of me. Maybe it was his pretentious smile and goofy bead combined with his stretched out white T under some jacket that Travolta wore in Grease. Nothing about that kids demeanor sells me on him being a leader/QB either.

I've looked into Lynch more recently and I've cooled on him. Physically he's just about perfect for a quarterback, but he looks slow processing information on the field. That's a killer in my book if it can't be corrected. If I'm right, then he won't be around in the NFL long so I'd pass.

I've looked into Lynch more recently and I've cooled on him. Physically he's just about perfect for a quarterback, but he looks slow processing information on the field. That's a killer in my book if it can't be corrected. If I'm right, then he won't be around in the NFL long so I'd pass.

I'm still willing to take a gamble. What is there to lose? He doesn't turn out?

If he does you are set for 10-15 years.

I could give two shiits about how he wears his beard.

Do you really want to go through the 2016 with just Taylor at QB with manuel and some late round nobody behind him at QB??

The way Taylor plays he's almost certain to get injured at some point. That means that we will need to have somebody behind who can get the job done.

Had we won the two games that Manuel started last year we would have made the playoffs.

Lynch looks like D. Bledsoe in his prime with much more mobility. He has the potential to be the best QB in this draft. That alone makes him worth the risk at #19 overall.

We could have won the Jacksonville game running the wildcat. I'm not sure you need to throw away a first rounder just because you need/want a new quarterback. If it's not there, it's not there. See EJ. A mid-late round pick hedges your bets and still could very easily push EJ to emergency QB status.

Why is Lynch's ceiling so high? Because he is tall!? He ran a one read no huddle spread offense and struggled very badly in his bowl game when the opposition had time to prepare for the quick hitting passing attack. I'm going to guess that a lot of people advocating the Lynch pick were busy at work that day. He also posted the lowest Wonderlic score amongst major QB prospects and comes off as a dim wit in interviews.

We could have won the Jacksonville game running the wildcat. I'm not sure you need to throw away a first rounder just because you need/want a new quarterback. If it's not there, it's not there. See EJ. A mid-late round pick hedges your bets and still could very easily push EJ to emergency QB status.

Why is Lynch's ceiling so high? Because he is tall!? He ran a one read no huddle spread offense and struggled very badly in his bowl game when the opposition had time to prepare for the quick hitting passing attack. I'm going to guess that a lot of people advocating the Lynch pick were busy at work that day. He also posted the lowest Wonderlic score amongst major QB prospects and comes off as a dim wit in interviews.

If Interviews and Wonderlick scores determined if a Football player was going to be successful, I would be with you, but you cant deny the kid made plays, and a lot of them. Every QB Struggles, it happens. Even the great ones.

Tom Brady has had 2 4 INT games against the Bills. It happens to the best of them.

If Interviews and Wonderlick scores determined if a Football player was going to be successful, I would be with you, but you cant deny the kid made plays, and a lot of them. Every QB Struggles, it happens. Even the great ones.

Tom Brady has had 2 4 INT games against the Bills. It happens to the best of them.

Sure everyone struggles and has a bad day that's not up for debate. The previous poster claimed that he had the highest ceiling in the draft. I have yet to see any legitimate discussion as to why, all everyone sees with Lynch is the size and mobility. We have a first hand example of how well size and mobility translate to the NFL when the brain doesn't match the physical tools. His name is EJ. Could Lynch have success in the NFL? Sure anything is possible but I remain unconvinced that anything he offers makes him worth investing a first round pick.

Brady was 6th rd , Romo UDFA

It's a gamble , you just keep playing the lottery

I would not bet the farm like the Rams and Eagles though, to big a risk for me

Redskins bet the farm on RG3 but were lucky in 4th rd with Cousins

Edited by ALF

His very low wonderlik score is somewhat concerning, but he has a lot to work with, especially if you can afford to redshirt him the first year.

Taylor at minimum means the Bills are in a position to do this. I'm not good at linking, but Gil Brandt has a pretty positive view of him in his "hot 100."

If he's there at #19, I take that shot. It is not equivalent to "betting the farm" and in a draft deep in defensive front seven, one can get first year defensive help in rounds 2 - 4.

Worth pointing out that Gil has been friends with Lynch's agent, Leigh Steinberg, for decades.

Thanks, I didn't know that. Guess one has to factor that in. I know you think Lynch is false gold or pirate's gold or some such.

I like him -- and I like Vernon Butler if we go defense, but I don't claim any special insight. I'm usually wrong about qbs, in fact, so you're probably right.

I still wouldn't be upset if we drafted him.

Thanks, I didn't know that. Guess one has to factor that in. I know you think Lynch is false gold or pirate's gold or some such.

I like him -- and I like Vernon Butler if we go defense, but I don't claim any special insight. I'm usually wrong about qbs, in fact, so you're probably right.

I still wouldn't be upset if we drafted him.

I think he's a developmental QB with some endearing traits. Just thinking about Buffalo in terms of environment, he fits the bill of big hands and big arm to counteract rain/wind.

He's mobile enough for what Greg Roman wants to do (he's basically the perfect Kubiak QB, rollouts/bootlegs come easy to him), not afraid to take shots vertically.

Big issues come with the scheme that he was in. Asks him to do very basic reads, he's poor in intermediate areas. I don't take him before the 4th myself, at 19 I think he's career suicide for Dougie.

Edited by Blokestradamus