Bills considering trading up to #2 pick

Yeezus

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we're just throwing craziness out there, I say we take Ragland in the first & then Cook in the second, OR Lynch in the first & then the best available LB in the 2nd & DL in the 3rd.

The only way I would trade back is if we gain another team's 1st rnd pick next year.

I just do not see them moving up.

I don't see it as likely. I don't really think that 2 is an option. I could see 7-8ish if Jack is on the table. The Bills could maybe do it for a 2nd this year and a 2nd next (or something like that). If they think that he is Luke Kuechly it would make some sense. They would still get a DL in the 3rd and QB, DT & WR in the 4th & 5th or vice versa. The draft could look something like this: Jack, Cardale, Ngakoue, Reader, Garrett (or Malcolm Mitchell who I like a lot), Tyvis Powell & a kicker.

It feels like an option

I don't see it as likely. I don't really think that 2 is an option. I could see 7-8ish if Jack is on the table. The Bills could maybe do it for a 2nd this year and a 2nd next (or something like that). If they think that he is Luke Kuechly it would make some sense. They would still get a DL in the 3rd and QB, DT & WR in the 4th & 5th or vice versa. The draft could look something like this: Jack, Cardale, Ngakoue, Reader, Garrett (or Malcolm Mitchell who I like a lot), Tyvis Powell & a kicker.

It feels like an option

I'm on the Malcolm Mitchell train as well.

I'm on the Malcolm Mitchell train as well.

He is a guy that I think has been underrated through the process that I think is going to be a good pro. There has been tons of talent (and speed) on that Georgia team for a while. It is amazing to me that a program that good could open the year with UVA's reject Qb under center. Richt really did a pretty bad job IMO.

FWIW, I wouldn't hate the proposed draft from above. I would prefer to wait on QB longer than I think that they will. If you had someone like Fackrell in the 3rd and Doughty late it would make more sense to me. There are other options as well.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

He is a guy that I think has been underrated through the process that I think is going to be a good pro. There has been tons of talent (and speed) on that Georgia team for a while. It is amazing to me that a program that good could open the year with UVA's reject Qb under center. Richt really did a pretty bad job IMO.

I just checked him out and while there are some things to like, he lacks size. IMO we need a receiver with plus size and jumping ability.

I just checked him out and while there are some things to like, he lacks size. IMO we need a receiver with plus size and jumping ability.

Yeah, he is pretty average size but has athletic ability and good hands. He was a guy that was a 5 star that had some injury problems. It is entirely possible that he is trending up. There are some guys that I like more but in the 4th-5th there are not many. He is a guy that has a really high ceiling.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Yeah, he is pretty average size but has athletic ability and good hands. He was a guy that was a 5 star that had some injury problems. It is entirely possible that he is trending up. There are some guys that I like more but in the 4th-5th there are not many. He is a guy that has a really high ceiling.

Thanks for the info. Didn't realize the 5 star recruit thing. I wish we could get Doctson or Treadwell and still address the multitude of needs we have. Not likely.

Sirius has a big segment on him. Basically, a former team doctor came on and explained the knee tear. And how experiences with the past and other players worked out.

How jack tore his knee is important. It was the outside of the MCL which is the part which supplies blood flow. Normally athletes do not repair the tissue. Simply shave it or sew it. He had his repaired to restore blood flow. Basically the doctor said in 7 yrs he could barely be walking or he could make a recovery. But a full recovery is likely 2 yrs out. That it will still be weak and it was wise to have it repaired over shaved.

I too believe that if the Bills did this sort of deal it's for Myles Jack.

He is a blue chip weakside linebacker. Right now, you've got Zach Brown starting there.

The only thing that makes me pause is if the Bills have the ammo to get to #2 without sacrificing Tyrod Taylor in the process. I suspect they do not.

The only guy I really want in this draft class is Ramsey. Lock down the outside with Gilmore & Darby then use Ramsey as a hybrid safety/nickel back allowing us to take 3 WRs one on one with our base defense. I would trade #19 and our 2nd or '17 1st for him. But it's ultimately a moot point if a deal can't get done with Gilmore long term.

Otherwise, the past 16 years have turned me pretty apathetic on the whole thing. I think Whaley has done a decent job, and by that I mean he isn't royally screwing things up like we were during the Maybin years. We aren't winning anything without a real QB and Tyrod isn't making it through 16 games most years. If we trade the farm for Goff or Wentz and they hit, it's a game changer for us. If we do it and they bust out it doesn't really change much, we would still just be a 6-10 to 9-7 range team. That type of move would sum up the Rex Ryan Bills perfectly, a whole lot of noise, gets us talked about on ESPN, but without real results we are still just the same place we've been for nearly 2 decades.

The only guy I really want in this draft class is Ramsey. Lock down the outside with Gilmore & Darby then use Ramsey as a hybrid safety/nickel back allowing us to take 3 WRs one on one with our base defense. I would trade #19 and our 2nd or '17 1st for him. But it's ultimately a moot point if a deal can't get done with Gilmore long term.

Otherwise, the past 16 years have turned me pretty apathetic on the whole thing. I think Whaley has done a decent job, and by that I mean he isn't royally screwing things up like we were during the Maybin years. We aren't winning anything without a real QB and Tyrod isn't making it through 16 games most years. If we trade the farm for Goff or Wentz and they hit, it's a game changer for us. If we do it and they bust out it doesn't really change much, we would still just be a 6-10 to 9-7 range team. That type of move would sum up the Rex Ryan Bills perfectly, a whole lot of noise, gets us talked about on ESPN, but without real results we are still just the same place we've been for nearly 2 decades.

Yeah, I'm 100% on board as far as Buffalo moving up for Ramsey. I really think they are going to go after him, especially with the uncertainty of Aaron Williams. Ramsey is the only player worth moving up for. Jack is good but it's just a matter of time before his knee is done for good. There's no reason to trade up for a QB IMO.

To go from 19 to 2 will take more then the Rams gave up going 15 to 1.

Browns playing moneyball will want to parlay that #2 big time, like the Titans.

That's a price the Bill's can't afford rebuilding the D. Having Taylor makes a drastic move like that unnecessary

To go from 19 to 2 will take more then the Rams gave up going 15 to 1.

Browns playing moneyball will want to parlay that #2 big time, like the Titans.

That's a price the Bill's can't afford rebuilding the D. Having Taylor makes a drastic move like that unnecessary

From what I've seen, the Browns aren't asking anywhere near the price that Tennessee got from the Rams.

I too believe that if the Bills did this sort of deal it's for Myles Jack.

He is a blue chip weakside linebacker. Right now, you've got Zach Brown starting there.

The only thing that makes me pause is if the Bills have the ammo to get to #2 without sacrificing Tyrod Taylor in the process. I suspect they do not.

Darron lee is the smarter safer pick at 19 than jack at 2.

Lee may never be all pro but he will play 12 yrs and start his rookie yr. He may never be mor than poz was at lb. But poz is still a top 10 ilb

From what I've seen, the Browns aren't asking anywhere near the price that Tennessee got from the Rams.

I think the Browns are going to move and they are simply going to take the best offer they have when they hit the clock.

The Eagles will be Cleveland's trading partner.

I agree with this, I think they drop to #7 then look to drop again. NFL moneyball is likely a pretty simple concept, load up on as many picks before the middle of the 3rd round as possible, that's when the vast majority of good players will go and you want as many darts as possible with the hope one or more of your picks equals the quality available at #2.

The Eagles will be Cleveland's trading partner.

I see this as a possibility a whole lot more than the Bills.

They have Bradford on a two year contract with almost no guaranteed money after this year, and I don't think much that would follow to another team if traded.

If the Broncos are desperate, Bradford for the Broncos 1st is a bargain. 8 and 31 for 2 is not a bad haul.