"MOCK DRAFT" Rounds 1-5,love to here some feed back.

I normally check this board everyday and read a lot of articles that are posted, I decided to finally post one myself, just for the fun of it I created my first mock and thought out of curiosity to get some feedback to see your thoughts on it. Please do not crush me to much.
1. Josh Docton, WR (TCU)
The recent departure of Harvin retiring might not seem to much of a big deal since being limited
with Buffalo in his first season, but that opened up the success for Sammy Watkins.Robert Woods
is considered your number two,but I see him more of a slot,and that is where he can find most of his
success. Buffalo lacks that quality number two to open up the passing game, Doctson can sure help with
that, of course he can be a huge factor in the redzone. Taylor,Watkins,Doctson,Woods,Clay & McCoy can
be very scary for opposing defenses if they can all stay healthy.
2. Andrew Billings, DT (Baylor) Trade #2 & #4
Billings most likely will be selected before Buffalo's second round pick, so trading up might be a good
idea to select the strong Defensive tackle. Buffalo could have went defense in round one where they have
some holes to fill with a few departures but holding off they manage to still get maybe the same quality
player as they would have in round one. Billings would fill the void perfectly for a Rex Ryan Defense
and start right away.
3. Deion Jones, LB (LSU)
4. (Comp Pick) Kenyan Drake, RB (Alabama)
Selecting Drake in the fourth round might seem a bit surprising due to Buffalo having a few good runningbacks
and the number one rushing offense in the NFL but this seems liek a no brainer, Drake did not have a starting
role but when on the field he showcased his talent and can add very good depth to an already good backfield in
Buffalo.
5. Jayron Kearse, S (Clemson)

Edited by Gamache518

I like Doctson and would be fine with him. If they do take him I would prefer pass rush to Billings. I would trade Billings into Vernon Butler, Drake into Cardale and Kearse into DJ Reader. I like Jones there as well. I would try to finish with Justin Simmons and Elandon Roberts probably.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I'm thinking that WR is a luxury pick that the Bills simply can't afford with the gaping hole at the LB position. I really believe that Reggie Ragland's going to logically be the pick at #19. Is it a WOW pick? No. But he is as solid of a 1st round pick as you can get and he fills a real starter need both at his position and as a future team leader.

It seems like the Bills would be able to get a quality DL player in the second round and there may even be a very good OLB prospect like Jenkins in rd 3 for them.

I like some of your picks but if we use another first rounder on a WR we get what we deserve. A running team using 3 straight first rounders on WR's would be terribly stupid. We don't pass the ball enough too utilize them and we just paid top dollar for a pass catching tight end. It would be a simple case of to much talent not enough targets.

Good WR's are found in all rounds of the draft and UDFA's, don't blow your load on the shiniest thing you see.

I like some of your picks but if we use another first rounder on a WR we get what we deserve. A running team using 3 straight first rounders on WR's would be terribly stupid. We don't pass the ball enough too utilize them and we just paid top dollar for a pass catching tight end. It would be a simple case of to much talent not enough targets.

Good WR's are found in all rounds of the draft and UDFA's, don't blow your load on the shiniest thing you see.

Maybe they want to biuld out so that the team is not just a running team. They need to know what they have in Tyrod before giving him 18 plus million dollars a year

Maybe they want to biuld out so that the team is not just a running team. They need to know what they have in Tyrod before giving him 18 plus million dollars a year

I just don't see the Bills ignoring the defense in the 1st round for a WR when they already have Sammy, Clay and McCoy as solid receivers.

However, I do see the Bills going WR in either the 2nd or 3rd round. The Bills taking Braxton Miller (for the slot role) with an eye on him taking over the #2 duties from Woods next year seems like a good plan.

No offense meant...But not a big fan of this line of thinking for the Bills in this Draft...

This Draft provides a unique opportunity IMHO...The right 1st and 2nd Round picks could be key puzzles to turning this Bills Defense around big time because the Bills have talent on Defense, and two VERY good CB's...Add the right 2-3 players to that mix and now we've got something...

I'm just not a fan of taking any Offensive player in the first two rounds of this Draft...I can see a WR or QB in the 3rd and 4th, and expect it...But I'd much rather the Bills stay BPA for the front 7 early in this Draft...We have a gaping hole at DE...We need a rush LB...We could use a multi-purpose DT/3-4 DE like Vernon Butler or Chris Jones...

I know WR is a need...But the Bills Offense is going to run the ball more than 50% of the time regardless, and they have a Top 10 NFL WR already...I look at what the Panthers did last year with a VERY similar Offensive philosophy and the Bills depth at WR right now, without Drafting anyone, is equal to the Panthers last year...And this is NOT the 2014 Draft at the WR position...These WR's are being pushed WAY up because it's an off year at the position...I can promise all of you "WR in the 1st round" fans this much...At #19 there will be a Defensive player on the board that is going to be a star in this league...Probably more than one...I just can't say the same about ANY WR in this Draft...

Not that I pay a ton of attention to these things...But in this case I'll make an exception...The NFL.com player comparison to Josh Docton is Terrence Williams...Terrence Williams! Now...I know Doctson is a good player...But #19 overall good? And this is a first round pick that we know...100%...will be no better than the #2 WR on this team long term...To me it makes no sense...Not when you can get a legit defensive stud to add a much needed boost to that Defense...

One more point...I'm hearing a lot of the opinion/theory that because this Draft is so deep in Defense...especially front 7 Defense...that it's good strategy to take an Offensive player early...I pretty strongly disagree with this thought process...Let's start with the fact that 2 out of the last 3 SB winners did so largely on the back of their Defenses...And NE's Defense was MUCH improved when they beat Seattle...I think there is a difference between what you can get at #19 and what you can get at #80 on the front 7, even in this Draft...A BIG difference...The Bills need starters on Defense...They need depth on Defense...KW is not getting any younger...Mario is gone...They need a young stud to place next to Dareus for years to come, and they need pass rush help...They can get those pieces at #19 and #49 in this Draft...Wait and you risk getting a player that is not ready to give the Bills what they need in 2016... B-)

No offense meant...But not a big fan of this line of thinking for the Bills in this Draft...

This Draft provides a unique opportunity IMHO...The right 1st and 2nd Round picks could be key puzzles to turning this Bills Defense around big time because the Bills have talent on Defense, and two VERY good CB's...Add the right 2-3 players to that mix and now we've got something...

I'm just not a fan of taking any Offensive player in the first two rounds of this Draft...I can see a WR or QB in the 3rd and 4th, and expect it...But I'd much rather the Bills stay BPA for the front 7 early in this Draft...We have a gaping hole at DE...We need a rush LB...We could use a multi-purpose DT/3-4 DE like Vernon Butler or Chris Jones...

I know WR is a need...But the Bills Offense is going to run the ball more than 50% of the time regardless, and they have a Top 10 NFL WR already...I look at what the Panthers did last year with a VERY similar Offensive philosophy and the Bills depth at WR right now, without Drafting anyone, is equal to the Panthers last year...And this is NOT the 2014 Draft at the WR position...These WR's are being pushed WAY up because it's an off year at the position...I can promise all of you "WR in the 1st round" fans this much...At #19 there will be a Defensive player on the board that is going to be a star in this league...Probably more than one...I just can't say the same about ANY WR in this Draft...

Not that I pay a ton of attention to these things...But in this case I'll make an exception...The NFL.com player comparison to Josh Docton is Terrence Williams...Terrence Williams! Now...I know Doctson is a good player...But #19 overall good? And this is a first round pick that we know...100%...will be no better than the #2 WR on this team long term...To me it makes no sense...Not when you can get a legit defensive stud to add a much needed boost to that Defense...

One more point...I'm hearing a lot of the opinion/theory that because this Draft is so deep in Defense...especially front 7 Defense...that it's good strategy to take an Offensive player early...I pretty strongly disagree with this thought process...Let's start with the fact that 2 out of the last 3 SB winners did so largely on the back of their Defenses...And NE's Defense was MUCH improved when they beat Seattle...I think there is a difference between what you can get at #19 and what you can get at #80 on the front 7, even in this Draft...A BIG difference...The Bills need starters on Defense...They need depth on Defense...KW is not getting any younger...Mario is gone...They need a young stud to place next to Dareus for years to come, and they need pass rush help...They can get those pieces at #19 and #49 in this Draft...Wait and you risk getting a player that is not ready to give the Bills what they need in 2016... B-)

I do so try to remain even keeled over this matter.

Heck, i would be fine if the first four players drafted were defense. and all front seven !!

But I have always thought that. each year. defense ! defense !

I'm thinking that WR is a luxury pick that the Bills simply can't afford with the gaping hole at the LB position. I really believe that Reggie Ragland's going to logically be the pick at #19. Is it a WOW pick? No. But he is as solid of a 1st round pick as you can get and he fills a real starter need both at his position and as a future team leader.

It seems like the Bills would be able to get a quality DL player in the second round and there may even be a very good OLB prospect like Jenkins in rd 3 for them.

i don't see Whaley drafting for need w the first pick .He will take BPA, whoever that is, if it falls in line with a position of need, so be it. Whaley got a stud in the second round. He can find someone better than what was described above.

I love Billings. Strong guy, extremely quick feet. He just seems to play at a different speed than most of the DL in this class. I don't think he'll be there at our 2nd pick. Ideal for me would be a trade down into the 20s and take him there. I'm not as high on most of the linemen in this draft as are most pundits.

WR is a need for sure but I would rank front 7 as a much bigger need. Overall I wouldn't mind seeing WR but If it's between WR and a pass rusher I would rather the team go with the pass rusher. But if there are no good pass rushers at that slot it would be a smart move to look at taking a WR at pick 19.

Edited by billsfan89

A couple of things here. The 2016 Buffalo Bills really don't have much depth at WR. The Bills have Watkins and Woods at WR and the rest are pretty much scrubs that have yet to show they are anywhere near as good as even Chis Hogan. Stating that I'm not advocating drafting a WR with that 19th pick. Then, I don't see Josh Docton as a first pick at 19 and on some boards he is not even a first rounder much less the 19th pick.

If you look at the draft history of the Buffalo Bills the last six years and that of the NY Jets with Ryan as head coach. Both teams have managed to find top DT's and pass rushers not so much, I really have no faith in this teams ability to find a top pass rushing LBer or DE in the draft. Although, the Bills definitely need some linebackers and D-line help.

Looking at the current fan base and their lack of optimism over the upcoming season I think the Bills would be very wise to go offense with that first round pick and go QB. Paxton Lynch probably won't be there at 19 but Connor Cook probably will be. Hackenburg is a 2-3 round prospect and Jones is a 3-4 round prospect. Looking at the situation with Tyrod Taylor I don't think Whaley is sold on him developing into that elite franchise QB.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/55323/report-buf-continues-to-eye-qb-options?ls=roto:sta:topheadlines&rw=1

I would be fine with the Bills going LBer, DT, OT, QB with the 19th pick. Another potential problem this team is facing is at LT with Glenn and this year he is the highest paid LT in the league.

A couple of things here. The 2016 Buffalo Bills really don't have much depth at WR. The Bills have Watkins and Woods at WR and the rest are pretty much scrubs that have yet to show they are anywhere near as good as even Chis Hogan. Stating that I'm not advocating drafting a WR with that 19th pick. Then, I don't see Josh Docton as a first pick at 19 and on some boards he is not even a first rounder much less the 19th pick.

If you look at the draft history of the Buffalo Bills the last six years and that of the NY Jets with Ryan as head coach. Both teams have managed to find top DT's and pass rushers not so much, I really have no faith in this teams ability to find a top pass rushing LBer or DE in the draft. Although, the Bills definitely need some linebackers and D-line help.

Looking at the current fan base and their lack of optimism over the upcoming season I think the Bills would be very wise to go offense with that first round pick and go QB. Paxton Lynch probably won't be there at 19 but Connor Cook probably will be. Hackenburg is a 2-3 round prospect and Jones is a 3-4 round prospect. Looking at the situation with Tyrod Taylor I don't think Whaley is sold on him developing into that elite franchise QB.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/55323/report-buf-continues-to-eye-qb-options?ls=roto:sta:topheadlines&rw=1

I would be fine with the Bills going LBer, DT, OT, QB with the 19th pick. Another potential problem this team is facing is at LT with Glenn and this year he is the highest paid LT in the league.

I agree on Doctson...And I'm aware of the Bills depth at WR...But I don't think it's as bad as some do...They have a premier NFL WR they gave up two 1st Round picks to get...Woods may not be the best #2 WR...but he's not the worst either...I think they feel out of Hankerson, Boykin, and Little one will stick and contribute...Lewis is 6-4 and has his Rookie year behind him...He's still at OBD...So the Bills see something in him...And I know the Bills will Draft a WR somewhere in this Draft...If Doctson is there at #49 then I'm definitely listening...But I simply want to remind Bills fans of this...If a WR is taken in the 1st Round that's three 1st Round picks in three years on two WR's...It's stupid...

I'm not a big Cook guy...And especially not in the 1st Rd...There's another thread in here somewhere that details my opinion on Cook and QB's who do not hit 60% completions in at least one of their years as a Starter in College...Cook never hit 59%...Folks can say what they want about Cook...And I realize he's got some good traits...But if he becomes a Top 10 QB in this league he will be bucking some SERIOUS odds based on his College stats...Hackenberg too...Hackenberg just scares me to be honest...My guess is the Bills are going to roll the dice and take Cardale Jones in the 3rd Round...

As for #19 I'm a Chris Jones guy...That's who I want...If he's there (assuming Sheldon Rankins is gone) and the Bills pass on him...Well...I would not be thrilled...I think that kid has super-star potential...I'm not saying I would "Haloti Ngata freak out" again...But it would be similar... :lol:

There is no way in hell Billings lasts until the second round. Kearse is too slow and stiff to play safety. Drake was horrible at offseason workouts and cannot block whatsoever- no thank you

Edited by Pete