How confident are the Bills in RT Seantrel Henderson?

You dont draft right OT's in the first round

Why not? I think the whole blind side thing is overrated. I also think that in Roman's offense the RT is paramount as he sets the tone for the run game.

Maybe the LT is more valuable in some other schemes where the running game isn't as important (like Gilbride's or Mike Martz' schemes) and the OC tends to put the TEs out to receive but here in Buffalo with GR the RT seems to really be an anchor position to me.. and worth a first rounder ( assuming the RT is an elite prospect)

Edited by Bocephuz

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

probably not to high considering his "high" level of play last yr. Maybe they factor in his Crohns and give him another shot. either way they will and should draft a RT

do some research on Crohns then imagine it for a 6-8 350 pound guy. It played a huge factor IF he's over it, he'll be fine.

You acquire talent when it's there to acquire. If OT is a priority (which I don't think it is for the Bills), you get the best you can when you need it.

Carolina and New England probably wished they had a top flight RT when Von Miller ate the lunch of guys like Marcus Cannon and Mike Remmers. Can't hide bad pass protection anymore. Teams like the Bills being more balanced can hide it more than most, which is why I doubt they take a RT early.

i hvaen't read this whole thread, but we could find a 10+ year starter at RT in this draft between Decker and Conklin. If we can keep Glenn on the left for 10 more years and have one of those on the right for 10 years...we're going to be in great shape.

do some research on Crohns then imagine it for a 6-8 350 pound guy. It played a huge factor IF he's over it, he'll be fine.

As someone with the disease, I agree.

You don't ever get over it.

Also agree. But you can have long bouts of remission where your day-to-day life isn't impacted. Remission can last years, or sometimes a lot, lot, less. Keeping it in remission requires a lot of maintenance: proper nutrition and hydration, proper meds, and routine lab work to keep tabs on everything. I imagine, though am just speculating, that this kind of maintenance is easier for a professional athlete since they're used to routines and have access to professional nutritionists and the best health care around.

I'm hoping Henderson comes back strong, I think there is a pretty good chance he will.

I don't see how he'll be able to handle the stress of having 350 pound guys slamming into him even if he has the proper diet

I'm by no means a professional athlete, but I was able to play at a fairly high level with the disease -- and that was with me being an idiot about managing the disease. David Garrard managed to play through it, albeit at much less physical position. I think as long as he's got in in remission it shouldn't impact his ability to lift, maintain weight and strength etc. If he has a flare up though, it certainly will be tougher on him to maintain all of those things.

One area I do worry about though is bone density. There's a correlation between folks with this disease and bone density decreasing -- could mean he's more prone to broken bones with that kind of physical violence every Sunday, but I'm speculating there.

As someone with the disease, I agree.

Also agree. But you can have long bouts of remission where your day-to-day life isn't impacted. Remission can last years, or sometimes a lot, lot, less. Keeping it in remission requires a lot of maintenance: proper nutrition and hydration, proper meds, and routine lab work to keep tabs on everything. I imagine, though am just speculating, that this kind of maintenance is easier for a professional athlete since they're used to routines and have access to professional nutritionists and the best health care around.

I'm hoping Henderson comes back strong, I think there is a pretty good chance he will.

I can't help but cheer on Hendy.

Except when we should have taken Bulaga instead of CJ.

Brother, you are 100% correct. :thumbsup:

i hvaen't read this whole thread, but we could find a 10+ year starter at RT in this draft between Decker and Conklin. If we can keep Glenn on the left for 10 more years and have one of those on the right for 10 years...we're going to be in great shape.

True, and the option to trade down shouldn't be overlooked.

The year we drafted Byrd in round 2, the team that drafted AFTER the Bills traded down and acquired a first round pick in the next seasons' draft as part of then deal. Whaley seems more inclined to trade picks away but who knows?

Traditionally, no and Conklin would not be my first choice with that pick. But I do think in the future you will need good quality at both tackle positions in the NFL.

Decker is the one who if he reaches 19 I would take.

You don't ever get over it.

I'm rooting for Henderson because I have Crohns.

Mine has been under control for 15 years.

It's tough to find the therapy that works for you, but it can be done, and I have a very bad case. Three major surgeries. Almost died during the first one.

Kemp - I'm sorry, but hang tough. whenever you get down which would be so easy with that condition (my cousin has the same) go look up on you tube "how great i am".

Gets me through tough times as I really try to absorb the message vs dismissing it.

I too hope Seantrel can do it. It will be testament to his character and his doctors if he can do it.

I'm rooting for Henderson because I have Crohns.

Mine has been under control for 15 years.

It's tough to find the therapy that works for you, but it can be done, and I have a very bad case. Three major surgeries. Almost died during the first one.

Wow Kemp, I'm sorry to hear this about you. My wife has had a lot of serious health issues herself in the last 15+ years. Lupus heads the list and I almost lost a couple of times through the years. I don't know if Crohn's has any similarities to Lupus but when people say don't take your health for granted I truly know now what they mean by it.

Hopefully Henderson succeeds in his battle against this disease, football shouldn't even be a concern for him at this point.

Kemp - I'm sorry, but hang tough. whenever you get down which would be so easy with that condition (my cousin has the same) go look up on you tube "how great i am".

Gets me through tough times as I really try to absorb the message vs dismissing it.

I too hope Seantrel can do it. It will be testament to his character and his doctors if he can do it.

Thanks for the nice message, but I only get down about it when it's really bad, and I have been lucky enough to feel pretty good most of the time.

Been checked for it since I had a number of the symptoms other than weight loss/appetite including needing surgery but was told not Crohns. There are a number of different types and not all affect the inflicted the same way. His doctor will need to work very closely with Bills' medical and training staff. This is a situation where it would be good for player to have more contact with team but NFLPA disallows it and it may end up costing him his job or a number of game checks on PUP list.