How confident are the Bills in RT Seantrel Henderson?

Wow Kemp, I'm sorry to hear this about you. My wife has had a lot of serious health issues herself in the last 15+ years. Lupus heads the list and I almost lost a couple of times through the years. I don't know if Crohn's has any similarities to Lupus but when people say don't take your health for granted I truly know now what they mean by it.

Hopefully Henderson succeeds in his battle against this disease, football shouldn't even be a concern for him at this point.

I believe Crohns and Lupus are vaguely related. Both attack healthy cells that the body believes aren't healthy. Immune system problems. I also believe that allergies are a light form of the same. Sorry about your wife. I look at it all as that you can only play the cards you are dealt.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm rooting for Henderson because I have Crohns.

Mine has been under control for 15 years.

It's tough to find the therapy that works for you, but it can be done, and I have a very bad case. Three major surgeries. Almost died during the first one.

Yikes, Seantrel's situation must really hit home. Sorry you have had to suffer that. It sounds debilitating. Kudos to you for hanging in there and keeping your spirits up. I hope it stays in check for you. The least this team can do for you is make the damn playoffs!

I'm rooting for Henderson because I have Crohns.

Mine has been under control for 15 years.

It's tough to find the therapy that works for you, but it can be done, and I have a very bad case. Three major surgeries. Almost died during the first one.

My wife was diagnosed with it less than 2 years ago during a routine colonoscopy. We are still struggling to figure it out. It goes into remission for awhile then keeps coming back.

Edited by The Thurmanator

You don't ever get over it.

Uggghh. I have had Crohn's since I was a kid and have been in relative remission since 1998. While it's true that you always have it, you can and should lead a totally normal lifestyle for the majority of your life. You guys are aware that Matt Light played his whole career with Crohn's, right? Same with David Garrard. The hardest part of the illness is when they are figuring out what is wrong with you, which is clearly what he went through last year. I fully expect Henderson to be 100% healthy this year.

My wife was diagnosed with it less than 2 years ago during a routine colonoscopy. We are still struggling to figure it out. It goes into remission for awhile then keeps coming back.

Oh I didn't realize your wife had it. PM me if you care to discuss. The thing that's tricky about it is that everyone is totally different. What works for some people does not work for others and vice versa. Edited by metzelaars_lives

Apparently NFL.com thinks we're drafting a tackle. Their 5 different mocks all have us taking an OT or DT.

» Daniel Jeremiah: Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
» Charles Davis: A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama
» Bucky Brooks: Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama
» Lance Zierlein: Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State
» Chad Reuter: Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville

Apparently they think we're relatively set at the skill positions and need help in the trenches.

Another guy on our radar is:

» Moritz Boehringer, WR, Schwäbisch Hall Unicorns: Bills attend workout

It's about time we started mining the Unicorns!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000644054/article/afc-east-draft-winds-rumors-connecting-players-nfl-teams

Uggghh. I have had Crohn's since I was a kid and have been in relative remission since 1998. While it's true that you always have it, you can and should lead a totally normal lifestyle for the majority of your life. You guys are aware that Matt Light played his whole career with Crohn's, right? Same with David Garrard. The hardest part of the illness is when they are figuring out what is wrong with you, which is clearly what he went through last year. I fully expect Henderson to be 100% healthy this year.

Oh I didn't realize your wife had it. PM me if you care to discuss. The thing that's tricky about it is that everyone is totally different. What works for some people does not work for others and vice versa.

Wow! I feel bad for your that you have dealt with it since you were a kid. It seems like you have some good perspective on it. No I wasn't aware of Matt Light dealing with the disease. Thanks for the offer.

Edited by The Thurmanator

The key is finding a good doctor. I live in NYC and have access to a lot of them. However, it took a few tries to find a great one. You can also PM me if you would like to discuss this further on the phone.