Belichick says "Brady is the GOAT"

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No argument. Who has a career that long with that long of a period between the first and last Super Bowl? He's dominated his era like no other. Those who don't sgree are just butt hurt he did it to the Bills annually.

If he had been drafted by the Bills, he would've been out of the league in 3 yrs.

I don't think so, but going to the Pat's did help his case for being the GOAT. But on another note, is anyone shocked by Billy's statement?

Montana was more athletic. My god could you imagine him today. Brady was bigger and probably has the stronger arm. What Brady has done with the players around him is incredible. The only exception talent wise is Moss but even he was a head case that respected Brady.

Would the debate be any different if the Seahawks secondary was healthy or they gave Lynch the ball?

I choose Montana but just barely.

I gave up hating Brady a long time ago.

If we ever find out what was on those tapes, maybe it is a different debate. But stolen signals or not Brady continues to excel.

There's plenty not to like about Brady, on and off the field. He's a whiny bastard that's been caught using improper means to benefit himself and the team. Even if you think, like I do, that he's not alone in doing so, it has to stain him and be punished when it reaches the public domain.

That being said, he is the benchmark for all things QB related for me. I've not been watching the game long enough to talk about bygone eras but Brady is the best I've watched. If Aaron Rodgers maintains his standard of play for the same longevity Brady has, it's probably going to be close.

I don't like Brady as a man. I don't like Brady as a Patriot. As a quarterback, absolutely nothing but utter admiration for the talent.

It's just a shame BB saddled Brady with the Asterisks because of his giant, amoral, sociopathic ego. The cheating, both the proven and the unproven, will follow Brady forever. And should.

kj

No argument. Who has a career that long with that long of a period between the first and last Super Bowl? He's dominated his era like no other. Those who don't sgree are just butt hurt he did it to the Bills annually.

Definitely butt-hurt.

The cheating has had an undeniable effect on his success, though. I wonder where he'd stand without it. Maybe behind Manning.

My opinion is he is the best of his era. i may not like the guy, love when the Bills sack him, and root for whoever he plays, but being objective, he's better and more clutch in big games than anyone else in 15 years.

I don't like GOAT comparisons because the rules were different and the type of play was different. Football is not being played like it was 25 years ago. I know that's obvious, but it's true. How do you compare Bart Starr, Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana, Dan Marino, to Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Each era had their own greatest, but Brady playing against Deacon Jones where they used to decapitate QB's would make him look a lot different, than all the rules favoring QB's today.

Just ask WR like Andre Reed, and James Lofton how long they would have played in today's NFL. I'm not diminishing anything Brady has done, just he plays now and is the best for now. That's all. Just like you can't compare Lombardi to Belicheck even though Belicheck took the Pats to 6 championships, and Lombardi I want to say won 5 in 7 years. Different eras.