WGR on EJ - will he stay on the roster as backup QB?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. His 2016 money is guaranteed.

Ding, ding, ding.

This team goes nowhere unless Taylor takes the next step forward. If he gets hurt, they are doomed so a waiver wire backup is not going to accomplish anything more than EJ can.

And no, that doesn't mean they shouldn't draft a QB. They should, but that guy isn't going to be in a position to take a team to the playoffs in 2016.

NO......he gets traded or cut.

while it might make financial sense to keep him around as the #3, it makes no short or long term sense competitively.

time to move on.

He might get traded if another team is interested. No way at all he'll be cut. Not happening!

Ding, ding, ding.

This team goes nowhere unless Taylor takes the next step forward. If he gets hurt, they are doomed so a waiver wire backup is not going to accomplish anything more than EJ can.

And no, that doesn't mean they shouldn't draft a QB. They should, but that guy isn't going to be in a position to take a team to the playoffs in 2016.

Agreed. I hate having him on the team, but I've had to hold onto people at times temporarily for business reasons even though their future was temporary. It happens in business. I would hold onto him in the third position because he will be inactive most of the season, but is insurance. If Kevin Hogan is the answer for a draft, he'll be our #2 and at least EJ knows the system. I agree with the writer, he is a dead man walking that is assured of being gone in March of 2017.

Someone would have to suffer some significant injuries at QB to want to trade for him. They have tape of London just like us.

He shouldn't be on the team, he simply not an NFL quality QB. The back-up spot should be used for someone who can step in an win if the Taylor is out or for a developmental QB. I'd rather draft a QB and/or sign a real veteran who can get us through a couple of games if he had too.

If he is traded, the 1.6 million base would not count against our cap. Only the 1.2 million signing bonus. Cutting him wouldn't make sense, but getting even a used stick of gum for him, saves us 1.6 million against the cap.

He shouldn't be on the team, he simply not an NFL quality QB. The back-up spot should be used for someone who can step in an win if the Taylor is out or for a developmental QB. I'd rather draft a QB and/or sign a real veteran who can get us through a couple of games if he had too.

Easy enough to post that but who is it?

he could still be on the roster but No.3 QB

Easy enough to post that but who is it?

C'mon...there are so many good QBs unsigned and available!!

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/22623650.php?contentType=4&contentId=18633261

Please note this thread is not opened with any hint of EJ is a serious threat to TT or that he may somehow become a good NFL starting QB. That ship has sailed. The question simply is will EJ be on the roster as the backup to TT on opening day?

The ONLY way it makes sense to cut him this season is if they find two back ups they like better. Otherwise given guarenteed money, it makes sense to keep him as a third.

This is easy to say. But I'd look to hear who you want them to sign who will definitely be better? And with what money?

Please provide the list of these available and affordable players.

Unfortunately EJ has already caused irreparable damage to this team. It is too late. Let him ride as our #3, unless we can trade him.

However, under no circumstances should he ever see playing time again. The guy is a disaster.

Imo Time to move on.

Edited by Leroi