NFL Network: Bills Will Challenge for AFC East Crown

That's based mostly on Michael Robinson's belief that Tyrod Taylor is a "franchise QB". That remains to be seen. To this point in FA and with the draft not having taken place yet, it's hard to see the Bills challenging for the AFC East title...unless Brady suffers some kind of career-ending injury in the off-season.

Brady may be suspended for the first 4 games :rolleyes:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were 4th the year before and Rex himself outright declared that to be a disappointment given our personnel. He said we'd be first. And here you are calling me an idiot. He was only off by 18 spots in his declaration. Rex is the idiot.

Sacks are certainly not the only aspect to a defense but going from 1st to 31st in anything barring some unusual circumstance like losing your entire DL to free agency or something like that takes an injection of ineptitude.

You can call me a negative Nancy or say I don't know anything all you want. I could know every defensive scheme ever created and astrophysics and string theory but I would still not be able to explain away the crap my eyes saw all year last year because there is no excuse for it. It sucked. With that said 2015 is over. I see no real evidence that 2016 will be any better given that all has changed so far is that we lost Mario and have fully pregnanted the force fitting of Marcel and Kyle into places where they don't fit. You are right, I and not some super technical defensive guru so maybe that'll work. Maybe we'll spend all our draft picks on defense and get 7 all pro's and be better able to blame Tyrod instead of Rex if the defense sucks again.

Do you think we are contenders for the AFC East? Honestly?

Get over what last years stats were

Its a new year

Deal with it

And yet when it comes time to beat the Little Sisters of the Poor outside of their own division, they fall flat time after time. I never said they suck but after 16 years of the same results...regardless of the coach, regardless of the GM, regardless of the scheme, regardless of the schedule...the proof is in the pudding. Until they prove that they can overtake NE, it's hard to think otherwise. It's put up or shut up. The mere fact that you're saying that they just need to "steal one from the pats" shows that they're not on NE's level. "Stealing one" implies that things have to go right to get a game that they shouldn't win. Until they stop being B & B's b*itch, nothing will change.

OK....I get this line of thinking I really do

but

What is the first thing you need to do in order to make your playoffs.......win your division.......they had a winning record in their division but unfortunately also have the pats in our division....everyone else has the same problem though agree?

As far as winning outside the division....yes its true.....I would say that being hit hard by injuries.....playing teams that were on extreme hot streaks didnt help (Chiefs.....Bengals) and that debocle of a game against the jags.

We have to win those games though......a steady defense would be a good start.

In my opinion....when you lead the league in rushing....and you dont turn the ball over? You should be winning those games.

That's based mostly on Michael Robinson's belief that Tyrod Taylor is a "franchise QB". That remains to be seen. To this point in FA and with the draft not having taken place yet, it's hard to see the Bills challenging for the AFC East title...unless Brady suffers some kind of career-ending injury in the off-season.

The bolded part seems to stuck in your head. :blink:

426 years since our last playoff appearance has made me just a tad cynical.

I'll believe we'll challenge for the AFCE crown when it actually happens.

And when it does, I'll cry tears of joy.

In the meantime, I'll limit my expectations.

I try to stay balanced.

Last year i lost my mind after the Colts game and believed that I was going to take the division. Then i played the Patriots and was left hurt and confused. Learned my lesson. stay steady, work hard and keep focused

Get over what last years stats were

Its a new year

Deal with it

OK....I get this line of thinking I really do

how many years and counting. No Bills fan should "Get Over It".

I say Amen, brother. I want the defense we hoped expected to show up last year. I think the defense simply had a down year and on track to bounce back. Couple that with an offense is expected to improve modestly and suddenly the Bills are indeed battling for a division title...maybe even a conference title.

All we really need is a team that is ready to say enough is a ****ing enough.

So we should be expect results based off of how last season happened?

Its not productive....and frankly....wrong because each season is a new season and separate

Look im not oblivious to the fact that its 16 years and counting.....only that each season brings a new set of circumstances

#1 - TT gets all first team reps and improves on last season.

#2 - team will stop shooting self in foot by committing less penalties.

#3 - whoever plays left DE will be an upgrade

Conclusion: if everything falls in place we still won't sniff AFC East crown.

Pats 12-4 , Bills 8-8 ......again.

It will be hard to usurp the Pats* but the Bills ability to be a playoff team will depend on how much impact they can get out of the draft and if they can make smart depth moves in free agency. Right now the Bills need at least 2 starters and 1 contributing player in the draft. A tall order.

#1 - TT gets all first team reps and improves on last season.

#2 - team will stop shooting self in foot by committing less penalties.

#3 - whoever plays left DE will be an upgrade

Conclusion: if everything falls in place we still won't sniff AFC East crown.

Pats 12-4 , Bills 8-8 ......again.

If those 3 things happen I am would be willing to bet we would not be 8-8

It will be hard to usurp the Pats* but the Bills ability to be a playoff team will depend on how much impact they can get out of the draft and if they can make smart depth moves in free agency. Right now the Bills need at least 2 starters and 1 contributing player in the draft. A tall order.

Well...since we are looking at what if scenarios

If our first two picks were Vernon Buttler and Sua Cravens......I bet those are 2 starters on this team

Hang onto " it" then. Bills owe you satisfaction !

Its true about the draft I agree

If those 3 things happen I am would be willing to bet we would not be 8-8

Well...since we are looking at what if scenarios

If our first two picks were Vernon Buttler and Sua Cravens......I bet those are 2 starters on this team

super bowl Baby

Totally Wrong! The road they traveled down was a blend of two defensive systems. Thus the fully pregnant statement this year by Rex. No more trying to mix Schwartz' defense with Rex Ryan concepts that likely contributed to the confusion. You can't help yourself with the terrible analogies I see.

I get that you're trying to look at things any way you can to give you hope. That's ok. i want to hope too.

If we stayed on the Schwatrz road last year we would have had better results on defense. Maybe we would have finished 4th again. Rex would have been unhappy with that thinking he could have been 1st. Instead we were 19th because we incorporated some of Rex's stuff. Now we're going to do all of it and Mario is gone and Kyle and Dareus will be out of position. That'll get us back to 4th? 1st? Better than 19th?

If you think I'm so bad at analogies I'll use the one you created about the dual roads, but instead of roads I'll use outer space. We were in the Enterprise and headed toward a nice star system but the new Captain came on board saying we should go investigate a black hole. The crew all wanted to go to the planetary system so the Captain said we'll split the difference. The gravitational pull and massive amount of sucking from the black hole starting pulling our ship apart. So much so that one of the best officers got sucked right out of the ship and landed on a Klingon vessel. The Captain now thinks everyone on the crew is stupid and decided we're going right into the black hole. Spock is now the Doctor and McCoy is running the warp drive. Do you think that'll work? I for one hope it spits us out the other side into a beautiful new universe but I have my doubts.

I get that you're trying to look at things any way you can to give you hope. That's ok. i want to hope too.

If we stayed on the Schwatrz road last year we would have had better results on defense. Maybe we would have finished 4th again. Rex would have been unhappy with that thinking he could have been 1st. Instead we were 19th because we incorporated some of Rex's stuff. Now we're going to do all of it and Mario is gone and Kyle and Dareus will be out of position. That'll get us back to 4th? 1st? Better than 19th?

If you think I'm so bad at analogies I'll use the one you created about the dual roads, but instead of roads I'll use outer space. We were in the Enterprise and headed toward a nice star system but the new Captain came on board saying we should go investigate a black hole. The crew all wanted to go to the planetary system so the Captain said we'll split the difference. The gravitational pull and massive amount of sucking from the black hole starting pulling our ship apart. So much so that one of the best officers got sucked right out of the ship and landed on a Klingon vessel. The Captain now thinks everyone on the crew is stupid and decided we're going right into the black hole. Spock is now the Doctor and McCoy is running the warp drive. Do you think that'll work? I for one hope it spits us out the other side into a beautiful new universe but I have my doubts.

More silliness that is just part of your know nothing shtick. Carry on and someone might actually applaud.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

More silliness which is just part of your know nothing shtick. Carry on and someone might actually applaud.

I think you have let him get to your goat 26.

Some folks just like to pick and pick.

No scab will form until you leave it be. And you could get an infection.

there is my analogy for the Day!