NFL Network: Bills Will Challenge for AFC East Crown

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's based mostly on Michael Robinson's belief that Tyrod Taylor is a "franchise QB". That remains to be seen. To this point in FA and with the draft not having taken place yet, it's hard to see the Bills challenging for the AFC East title...unless Brady suffers some kind of career-ending injury in the off-season.

That's based mostly on Michael Robinson's belief that Tyrod Taylor is a "franchise QB". That remains to be seen. To this point in FA and with the draft not having taken place yet, it's hard to see the Bills challenging for the AFC East title...unless Brady suffers some kind of career-ending injury in the off-season.

The bills went FOUR and TWO in the AFC East.......guys....FOUR and TWO

They need to steal one from the pats but it is NOT that far off

If the defense gets back to form, basically becomes a typical Rex defense, then they'll be a front-runner for the East.

Newsflash: The last half decade's typical Rex defenses have all sucked. The league has figured out his system and he has not shown any capability to adjust. His brother's defenses have gotten him fired very quickly in multiple places. Now we're combining the two. Call me crazy but I don't think anyone in sees us as a front runner for the East.

Newsflash: The last half decade's typical Rex defenses have all sucked. The league has figured out his system and he has not shown any capability to adjust. His brother's defenses have gotten him fired very quickly in multiple places. Now we're combining the two. Call me crazy but I don't think anyone in sees us as a front runner for the East.

Look in the mirror next time you type that. More unsubstantiated garbage regurgitated on demand from a football know nothing.

Look in the mirror next time you type that. More unsubstantiated garbage regurgitated on demand from a football know nothing.

1st to 31st.

If he could have adjusted maybe we could have ranked 28th in sacks.

Do you think we are contenders for the AFC East? Honestly?

1st to 31st.

If he could have adjusted maybe we could have ranked 28th in sacks.

Sacks are the only aspect of a defense? 19th in total defense and 15th in points allowed were disappointing but not the disaster you make it out to be. You are comical at best.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Right...just the year before, Rex's Jets were 6th in total D, 5th in rushing D, 14th in passing D.

And it's not about "figuring it out." Defensive schemes in the NFL aren't a mystery. It's about execution. His defensive success over the years seems to indicate to me that his defenses adjust well enough.

Sacks are the only aspect of a defense? 19th in total defense and 15th in points allowed were disappointing but not the disaster you make it out to be. You are comical at best.

We were 4th the year before and Rex himself outright declared that to be a disappointment given our personnel. He said we'd be first. And here you are calling me an idiot. He was only off by 18 spots in his declaration. Rex is the idiot.

Sacks are certainly not the only aspect to a defense but going from 1st to 31st in anything barring some unusual circumstance like losing your entire DL to free agency or something like that takes an injection of ineptitude.

You can call me a negative Nancy or say I don't know anything all you want. I could know every defensive scheme ever created and astrophysics and string theory but I would still not be able to explain away the crap my eyes saw all year last year because there is no excuse for it. It sucked. With that said 2015 is over. I see no real evidence that 2016 will be any better given that all has changed so far is that we lost Mario and have fully pregnanted the force fitting of Marcel and Kyle into places where they don't fit. You are right, I and not some super technical defensive guru so maybe that'll work. Maybe we'll spend all our draft picks on defense and get 7 all pro's and be better able to blame Tyrod instead of Rex if the defense sucks again.

Edited by 4merper4mer

The bills went FOUR and TWO in the AFC East.......guys....FOUR and TWO

They need to steal one from the pats but it is NOT that far off

And yet when it comes time to beat the Little Sisters of the Poor outside of their own division, they fall flat time after time. I never said they suck but after 16 years of the same results...regardless of the coach, regardless of the GM, regardless of the scheme, regardless of the schedule...the proof is in the pudding. Until they prove that they can overtake NE, it's hard to think otherwise. It's put up or shut up. The mere fact that you're saying that they just need to "steal one from the pats" shows that they're not on NE's level. "Stealing one" implies that things have to go right to get a game that they shouldn't win. Until they stop being B & B's b*itch, nothing will change.

We were 4th the year before and Rex himself outright declared that to be a disappointment given our personnel. He said we'd be first. And here you are calling me an idiot. He was only off by 18 spots in his declaration. Rex is the idiot.

Sacks are certainly not the only aspect to a defense but going from 1st to 31st in anything barring some unusual circumstance like losing your entire DL to free agency or something like that takes an injection of ineptitude.

You can call me a negative Nancy or say I don't know anything all you want. I could know every defensive scheme ever created and astrophysics and string theory but I would still not be able to explain away the crap my eyes saw all year last year because there is no excuse for it. It sucked. With that said 2015 is over. I see no real evidence that 2016 will be any better given that all has changed so far is that we lost Mario and have fully pregnanted the force fitting of Marcel and Kyle into places where they don't fit. You are right, I and not some super technical defensive guru so maybe that'll work. Maybe we'll spend all our draft picks on defense and get 7 all pro's and be better able to blame Tyrod instead of Rex if the defense sucks again.

Just like your eyes were judging Tyrod based on his Pro Bowl performance and you ridiculous comments about Robin Lehner. OK! :thumbsup:

They might be. Too early to say because they have a lot of work to do. I know they have good talent and have potential to do better with this being the 2nd year under the same schemes on offense and defense. But to dismiss it out of hand is just plain silly IMO.

They might be. Too early to say because they have a lot of work to do. I know they have good talent and have potential to do better with this being the 2nd year under the same schemes on offense and defense. But to dismiss it out of hand is just plain silly IMO.

Well I'll be rooting for them right through the season. I don't see them as contenders any more than I see the Bears or Chargers as contenders for example. There is no team that is completely out of it in March. We're not Browns level bad but also have a long road ahead and a lot to correct.

We have an offense headed in the right direction IMO but still one with question marks and things that need to fall into place. Carlos can't miss all those games. We need another receiving threat. The line needs to stay healthy again. TT needs to progress to an extent.

We disagree but IMO the defense is a huge problem. It went from very strong and reliable to below average and susceptible on any given play. The coach has committed to going even further down the road we crashed on last year. He is like a bad gambler who keeps thinking his strategy will yield a big win on the next hand.

Well I'll be rooting for them right through the season. I don't see them as contenders any more than I see the Bears or Chargers as contenders for example. There is no team that is completely out of it in March. We're not Browns level bad but also have a long road ahead and a lot to correct.

We have an offense headed in the right direction IMO but still one with question marks and things that need to fall into place. Carlos can't miss all those games. We need another receiving threat. The line needs to stay healthy again. TT needs to progress to an extent.

We disagree but IMO the defense is a huge problem. It went from very strong and reliable to below average and susceptible on any given play. The coach has committed to going even further down the road we crashed on last year. He is like a bad gambler who keeps thinking his strategy will yield a big win on the next hand.

Totally Wrong! The road they traveled down was a blend of two defensive systems. Thus the fully pregnant statement this year by Rex. No more trying to mix Schwartz' defense with Rex Ryan concepts that likely contributed to the confusion. You can't help yourself with the terrible analogies I see.