NFL Network: Bills Will Challenge for AFC East Crown

If only you were the Bills' coach who knew how to design and run a successful defense at the NFL level. You heroic attempt to defend nonsense does nothing to show that Rex Ryan's scheme is antiquated in today's NFL. Give it a rest because you failed. You should try to rescue someone who's worth it and next time try to understand what is being discussed since the question was not how best to deploy the talent on the Bills' defense.

what a waste of your time. Seeing as im not going to waste mine. This works

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rex's D needs fast and agile LB's to move across the field to position. As of today, we do not have any that foot this bill. Lawson is not quick enough anymore but sufficient with football smarts. Powell is an unknown with a repaired knee. Preston Brown is out of place in Ryan's defense but should get slightly better. But we are still short at least two LB's, call it 2.5 LB's.
How did Rex Ryan survive with the likes of LB Harris who is known for his lack of coverage ability? How do we determine just how much Brown improves when he had such a fine rookie season? We do need linebackers I dont think anyone is disputing that?
  • Rex's D needs space occupying and edge setting DE's. We just lost one of the best edge setting DE's in the last 10 years of the NFL due to Rex not being able to make him happy. We now have Jerry Hughes who showed improvement in the run in 2014 setting the edge and continued that in early 2015. He struggled down the stretch once teams effectively countered his movements. We are weak and slow outside on one side and we are equalized on the other. Hughes will be better than average, because he is better than average. But, I will not be surprised if we don't start to rumble about him being overpaid for production.
If Mario is this great edge setting DE then why did he look like absolute crap, unmotived, and non producing this past year? If Mario is so vital to a Rex Ryan defense then why didnt he look good in a Rex Ryan defense. I will say it for the umpteeth time....Alex Carrington came in on Rex Ryan D and looked EVERY BIT as good as Mario did this season. What does that say about Mario WIllaims........does it matter if a player is super talented if he is a unmotivated locker room cancer? Hughes played with in 2015 but needs a player ont he side that gives a ****. I think the bills put a wide body in that allows Marcel to take on the 5 tech roll......if Richardson can do it so can Marcel.
  • Rex's D needs penetrating and busy DT/NT. Dareus can be that because he is of all pro calibre. But it is not using him most effectively and where are we going to put Kyle Williams? He does not belong at NT. We are wasting a lot of talent converting the best talent to a scheme that does not suit them. The best players should be on the field.
Meatball back for one more year.......they will get him in there somewhere. THey missed him badly this past year.
  • Our CB's next year will be tremendous because that's who they are. Rex will get credit, but they would succeed with Wannstadt or George Edwards or Karl Edwards or Karl Rove calling the shots.
It is also important to note that shut down corners are a lot of what make Rex Ryan's D go......and since we have very good ones....half the battle.
  • Our Safeties in a Rex Ryan are going to be beaten, bruised and playing out of position. We already have Aaron Williams playing out of his natural position, though succeeding historically. He is not the best to be taking this shots to stop the run up the middle and quite frankly there is next to no shot we find a worthy SS in the draft. Not in this league, it takes too long for them to catch on. Those that do often take years or suddenly catch on.
Safeties in Rex Ryan D are interchangable.....and that is what makes the Blanton signing an effective one. Losing Williams last year hurt. Playing guys like Duke WIlliams who cant cover hurts the team.

Rex's dad made the 44 in order to put the best players on the field. Rex is taking a unit heavily designed for the 43 and making them a 34. That is because he doesn't know how to take the best talent he has and put them to use.

Yes now we are to belive that Rex Ryan doesnt know defense....its not like he has not had top 10 defenses in the past or anything.

So, yeah, I responded 26CB. This is what you have been asking for to people who try to burst your bubble of optimism. Well, burst my bubble of reality.

I think your bubble is pretty firmly set.....nobody is going to burst it.

I'm on my mobile. Its hard to respond easily.

I'm going to have to go off of memory.

Mario was unmotivated he should have been pulled and benched or motivated by coaching by changing his resoonsibikies, attitude or role. His lack of effort was no reflection of his ability.

Kyle coming back and being odd man out on a 34 line is going to happen. And If you're me you want your best 11 on the field and KW is one of them with Hughes and Dareus. Only one of them can play end. So we need an end.

Harris was good. Not great. He left a lot to be wanted for a LB. He is hyped because we played him but he was no better than Poz or 2014 Brown or Bradham.

Safeties being ibterchangible in Rex's system is true when they have the skill set needed. Hitters. Ability to recognize a play. And ability to step in to the box. We have two converted CB's at safety. Theycsnt fill the box like they need

Dareus can play the 5 because he is that damn good but its not his best position. Its not what we need him for because kyle Williams will be broken down at not

Carringron I like. But you'd think he would be likely to succeed if not for the fact we are clearly trying to add another DE to pur in with him and likely start. The kroy dude is who I am referring to.

And Rex's D's were too 10 several times but not the entire time and that was because he had the best cab duo in the last 10 years of the game. That does a lot. It masks a lot. And there were several times his d who was stacked with 7 first rounders and numerous second rounders succeeded. The jets invested heavily on d. And look where that out their offense? An aged out OL. A **** stain for qb. Retread and declinf rbs and over hyped wrs. Their money was all invested in D and old OL

@PatKirwanCBS

AFC East:http://bit.ly/1Y3Wf8M

All 3 teams have QB issues; cant beat #Brady Losing records last 5yrs vs #NE BUF 35-45 MIA 35-45 NYJ 36-44

There were some positive signs for the Buffalo Bills in 2015, such as their 4-2 record in the AFC East. But they were just 8-8 and once again out of the playoffs in Rex Ryan’s first year at the helm, and improvements need to be made quickly to appease the new ownership.

Ryan has made his name on the defensive side of the ball, but the Bills were among the worst units in the NFL in 2015, and struggled to get to the QB, another Ryan trademark. They’ve moved on from Mario Williams, but they still have a strong front seven that needs to get to the QB. Look for that to be a priority as they head towards the draft.

They can also use some depth on the O-line, and another receiving threat for QB Tyrod Taylor if they hope to build on last season. But we think this is still a team that is chasing the Patriots within the division, not necessarily

The results from last year are in line with what I'm saying and out of whack with what you're saying, but I'm silly and stupid?

I won't call you stupid but I will say you're an optimist. There is nothing wrong with that even if you take your optimism far enough to deny reality.

If the Bills defense is great this year I'd like you to point it out. Feel free to link back to these threads and mock me until the cows come home. I won't mind because I'll be happy that the team is doing well. If the defense continues down the disastrous path Rex has them on, I might complain about it but I will not engage in the see I told you so stuff at all. Not a word. If I slip up and do please call me on it and I will immediately apologize.

I'd rather be wrong than right about this stuff and I want to be convinced.....but I'm not....not at all....I just seeing him making a shambles of our team. I'm not angry with him because I do think he is trying. I just find it sad.

I think we got that other Captain who sits in the automated wheelchair and sips his dinner through a straw. I forgot his name.

you mean that guy who studies black holes ? he is pretty cool i think. Math geek but good sense of humor

yes also happy to see Fitz might go to the Broncos and get a chance to get to the playoffs. Ill be rootin for the Amish rifle. Also cool to see RG3 get a job somewhere

Yep, makes football in general a bit more interesting

26 and 44 sitting in a tree...

lol

yes also happy to see Fitz might go to the Broncos and get a chance to get to the playoffs. Ill be rootin for the Amish rifle. Also cool to see RG3 get a job somewhere

Fitz will never get to the playoffs, also Denver is trying to get Kaep so badly it shows how bad Fitz really is.

@NFL

Top defenses on the rise (via @NFLNow) 3. @buffalobills 2-1. http://on.nfl.com/1qoa2fN

CfEtS5iWsAAhucq.jpg

Crazy to hear Rob Ryan was limited in terms of what he was allowed to do with the NO defense. Who was stopping him?

Fitz will never get to the playoffs, also Denver is trying to get Kaep so badly it shows how bad Fitz really is.

Crazy to hear Rob Ryan was limited in terms of what he was allowed to do with the NO defense. Who was stopping him?

Sean Payton.

NO did not have much in terms of personnel but this defense is out of date and clearly easily beaten by today's NFL offenses.

• Rex's D needs fast and agile LB's to move across the field to position. As of today, we do not have any that foot this bill. Lawson is not quick enough anymore but sufficient with football smarts. Powell is an unknown with a repaired knee. Preston Brown is out of place in Ryan's defense but should get slightly better. But we are still short at least two LB's, call it 2.5 LB's.
  • Rex's D needs space occupying and edge setting DE's. We just lost one of the best edge setting DE's in the last 10 years of the NFL due to Rex not being able to make him happy. We now have Jerry Hughes who showed improvement in the run in 2014 setting the edge and continued that in early 2015. He struggled down the stretch once teams effectively countered his movements. We are weak and slow outside on one side and we are equalized on the other. Hughes will be better than average, because he is better than average. But, I will not be surprised if we don't start to rumble about him being overpaid for production.
  • Rex's D needs penetrating and busy DT/NT. Dareus can be that because he is of all pro calibre. But it is not using him most effectively and where are we going to put Kyle Williams? He does not belong at NT. We are wasting a lot of talent converting the best talent to a scheme that does not suit them. The best players should be on the field.
  • Our CB's next year will be tremendous because that's who they are. Rex will get credit, but they would succeed with Wannstadt or George Edwards or Karl Edwards or Karl Rove calling the shots.
  • Our Safeties in a Rex Ryan are going to be beaten, bruised and playing out of position. We already have Aaron Williams playing out of his natural position, though succeeding historically. He is not the best to be taking this shots to stop the run up the middle and quite frankly there is next to no shot we find a worthy SS in the draft. Not in this league, it takes too long for them to catch on. Those that do often take years or suddenly catch on.

Rex's dad made the 44 in order to put the best players on the field. Rex is taking a unit heavily designed for the 43 and making them a 34. That is because he doesn't know how to take the best talent he has and put them to use.

So, yeah, I responded 26CB. This is what you have been asking for to people who try to burst your bubble of optimism. Well, burst my bubble of reality.

Why 8-8? Why 19th Ranked Defense?

• The Scheme was flawed, didn't match the personnel
  • Which created a lack of trust in the coaching staff
  • Which led to morale problems
  • Which resulted in poor results … from 4th to 19th

Thus there are two issues on the table:

1. Will the lack of any significant off-season moves or changes, change anything?
  2. And, if there is not immediate improvement and results with the Defense next season . . . how long do the Pegula's put up with this clown show, stupidity, and embarrassment?

Rex, there will be no Mario to blame it on this year.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm predicting Rex is fired by December (and Kim and Terry are usually not quick to pull the trigger on Coaches).

Why 8-8? Why 19th Ranked Defense?

• The Scheme was flawed, didn't match the personnel
  • Which created a lack of trust in the coaching staff
  • Which led to morale problems
  • Which resulted in poor results … from 4th to 19th
Thus there are two issues on the table:

• Will the lack of any significant off-season moves or changes, change anything?
  • And, if there is not immediate improvement and results with the Defense next season . . . how long do the Pegula's put up with this clown show, stupidity, and embarrassment?
Rex, there will be no Mario to blame it on this year.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm predicting Rex is fired by December (and Kim and Terry are usually not quick to pull the trigger on Coaches).

The scheme is indeed flawed but not just because it doesn't match the personnel. It simply does not match the NFL any more. When was the last time either of the twins ran an effective defense?

Don't worry about Rex finding someone to blame with Mario gone. It is still pre-draft and he has already got the knives out for Prston Brown and Thurman Thomas. Just wait until the season starts. My guess is that Kyle, Gilmore, Marcel and possibly Bruce Smith get added to the list.

The bills went FOUR and TWO in the AFC East.......guys....FOUR and TWO

They need to steal one from the pats but it is NOT that far off

Agree :thumbsup: ....WAIT...WAAAAIIIIT. I expect lackluster playing and doom and Gloom!!!! I wont buy in again!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH :death:

Yeah when pigs fly out of my ass

I like to see that........well not see per se.