NFL Network: Bills Will Challenge for AFC East Crown

The bills went FOUR and TWO in the AFC East.......guys....FOUR and TWO

They need to steal one from the pats but it is NOT that far off

The question is: Have the Bills gotten better or worse than last season? Tough to see how they've improved honestly.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get that you're trying to look at things any way you can to give you hope. That's ok. i want to hope too.

If you think I'm so bad at analogies I'll use the one you created about the dual roads, but instead of roads I'll use outer space. We were in the Enterprise and headed toward a nice star system but the new Captain came on board saying we should go investigate a black hole. The crew all wanted to go to the planetary system so the Captain said we'll split the difference. The gravitational pull and massive amount of sucking from the black hole starting pulling our ship apart. So much so that one of the best officers got sucked right out of the ship and landed on a Klingon vessel. The Captain now thinks everyone on the crew is stupid and decided we're going right into the black hole. Spock is now the Doctor and McCoy is running the warp drive. Do you think that'll work? I for one hope it spits us out the other side into a beautiful new universe but I have my doubts.

Forget who is more right in this debate. That right there was vintage crayonz and funny as hell.

I get that you're trying to look at things any way you can to give you hope. That's ok. i want to hope too.

If we stayed on the Schwatrz road last year we would have had better results on defense. Maybe we would have finished 4th again. Rex would have been unhappy with that thinking he could have been 1st. Instead we were 19th because we incorporated some of Rex's stuff. Now we're going to do all of it and Mario is gone and Kyle and Dareus will be out of position. That'll get us back to 4th? 1st? Better than 19th?

If you think I'm so bad at analogies I'll use the one you created about the dual roads, but instead of roads I'll use outer space. We were in the Enterprise and headed toward a nice star system but the new Captain came on board saying we should go investigate a black hole. The crew all wanted to go to the planetary system so the Captain said we'll split the difference. The gravitational pull and massive amount of sucking from the black hole starting pulling our ship apart. So much so that one of the best officers got sucked right out of the ship and landed on a Klingon vessel. The Captain now thinks everyone on the crew is stupid and decided we're going right into the black hole. Spock is now the Doctor and McCoy is running the warp drive. Do you think that'll work? I for one hope it spits us out the other side into a beautiful new universe but I have my doubts.

Well be fine....Capt Kirk never loses

I think you have let him get to your goat 26.

Some folks just like to pick and pick.

No scab will form until you leave it be. And you could get an infection.

there is my analogy for the Day!

Not at all. Though I am looking forward to more of his Bills' player assessments based on Pro Bowl performances.

More silliness that is just part of your know nothing shtick. Carry on and someone might actually applaud.

The results from last year are in line with what I'm saying and out of whack with what you're saying, but I'm silly and stupid?

I won't call you stupid but I will say you're an optimist. There is nothing wrong with that even if you take your optimism far enough to deny reality.

If the Bills defense is great this year I'd like you to point it out. Feel free to link back to these threads and mock me until the cows come home. I won't mind because I'll be happy that the team is doing well. If the defense continues down the disastrous path Rex has them on, I might complain about it but I will not engage in the see I told you so stuff at all. Not a word. If I slip up and do please call me on it and I will immediately apologize.

I'd rather be wrong than right about this stuff and I want to be convinced.....but I'm not....not at all....I just seeing him making a shambles of our team. I'm not angry with him because I do think he is trying. I just find it sad.

Well be fine....Capt Kirk never loses

I think we got that other Captain who sits in the automated wheelchair and sips his dinner through a straw. I forgot his name.

The results from last year are in line with what I'm saying and out of whack with what you're saying, but I'm silly and stupid?

I won't call you stupid but I will say you're an optimist. There is nothing wrong with that even if you take your optimism far enough to deny reality.

If the Bills defense is great this year I'd like you to point it out. Feel free to link back to these threads and mock me until the cows come home. I won't mind because I'll be happy that the team is doing well. If the defense continues down the disastrous path Rex has them on, I might complain about it but I will not engage in the see I told you so stuff at all. Not a word. If I slip up and do please call me on it and I will immediately apologize.

I'd rather be wrong than right about this stuff and I want to be convinced.....but I'm not....not at all....I just seeing him making a shambles of our team. I'm not angry with him because I do think he is trying. I just find it sad.

What's silly is your incessant antiquated scheme postings when you have not the demonstrated the wherewithal or understanding to make such declarative proclamations. Literally anyone can see that the defense underachieved last year, but what you have been posting just doesn't add up. But don't stop now, let the show continue. :thumbsup:

More silliness that is just part of your know nothing shtick. Carry on and someone might actually applaud.

he has a valid point. even if rex gets our defense to #12 next year it would be a step backward. last years defense was top 5, there is no reason to believe next years defense should not be top 8 with our talent.

What's silly is your incessant antiquated scheme postings when you have not the demonstrated the wherewithal or understanding to make such declarative proclamations. Literally anyone can see that the defense underachieved last year, but what you have been posting just doesn't add up. But don't stop now, let the show continue. :thumbsup:

i can break down all of this for you if you'd like and why i am deeply concerned we are going to do nothing more than slightly above average at best. as in maybe toward 9-11th rank.

i mean, i do know a little bit about defense and you seem to be poking that others who disagree with you don't... so i'll take this challenge if you plan on giving a retort... only if you will, though.

• Rex's D needs fast and agile LB's to move across the field to position. As of today, we do not have any that foot this bill. Lawson is not quick enough anymore but sufficient with football smarts. Powell is an unknown with a repaired knee. Preston Brown is out of place in Ryan's defense but should get slightly better. But we are still short at least two LB's, call it 2.5 LB's.
  • Rex's D needs space occupying and edge setting DE's. We just lost one of the best edge setting DE's in the last 10 years of the NFL due to Rex not being able to make him happy. We now have Jerry Hughes who showed improvement in the run in 2014 setting the edge and continued that in early 2015. He struggled down the stretch once teams effectively countered his movements. We are weak and slow outside on one side and we are equalized on the other. Hughes will be better than average, because he is better than average. But, I will not be surprised if we don't start to rumble about him being overpaid for production.
  • Rex's D needs penetrating and busy DT/NT. Dareus can be that because he is of all pro calibre. But it is not using him most effectively and where are we going to put Kyle Williams? He does not belong at NT. We are wasting a lot of talent converting the best talent to a scheme that does not suit them. The best players should be on the field.
  • Our CB's next year will be tremendous because that's who they are. Rex will get credit, but they would succeed with Wannstadt or George Edwards or Karl Edwards or Karl Rove calling the shots.
  • Our Safeties in a Rex Ryan are going to be beaten, bruised and playing out of position. We already have Aaron Williams playing out of his natural position, though succeeding historically. He is not the best to be taking this shots to stop the run up the middle and quite frankly there is next to no shot we find a worthy SS in the draft. Not in this league, it takes too long for them to catch on. Those that do often take years or suddenly catch on.

Rex's dad made the 44 in order to put the best players on the field. Rex is taking a unit heavily designed for the 43 and making them a 34. That is because he doesn't know how to take the best talent he has and put them to use.

So, yeah, I responded 26CB. This is what you have been asking for to people who try to burst your bubble of optimism. Well, burst my bubble of reality.

Says the person who blocks people from PM'ing then with an opinion contrary to theirs.

Just because you're a fan doesn't mean you have to beat people over the head who don't share your take.

They're 23-25 in the last 3 seasons. 35-45 in the last 5. And the skeptical fans are the ones who don't get it?

33k+ posts in 3 years and still can't handle others with a difference of opinion. Are you in college or something?

he has a valid point. even if rex gets our defense to #12 next year it would be a step backward. last years defense was top 5, there is no reason to believe next years defense should not be top 8 with our talent.

Every year is a new year!

There is nothing saying that Schwartz whould have had our defense stay at top 5 the following year even if he would have stayed!

What part of this do people not understand?

• Rex's D needs fast and agile LB's to move across the field to position. As of today, we do not have any that foot this bill. Lawson is not quick enough anymore but sufficient with football smarts. Powell is an unknown with a repaired knee. Preston Brown is out of place in Ryan's defense but should get slightly better. But we are still short at least two LB's, call it 2.5 LB's.

How did Rex Ryan survive with the likes of LB Harris who is known for his lack of coverage ability? How do we determine just how much Brown improves when he had such a fine rookie season? We do need linebackers I dont think anyone is disputing that?

• Rex's D needs space occupying and edge setting DE's. We just lost one of the best edge setting DE's in the last 10 years of the NFL due to Rex not being able to make him happy. We now have Jerry Hughes who showed improvement in the run in 2014 setting the edge and continued that in early 2015. He struggled down the stretch once teams effectively countered his movements. We are weak and slow outside on one side and we are equalized on the other. Hughes will be better than average, because he is better than average. But, I will not be surprised if we don't start to rumble about him being overpaid for production.

If Mario is this great edge setting DE then why did he look like absolute crap, unmotived, and non producing this past year? If Mario is so vital to a Rex Ryan defense then why didnt he look good in a Rex Ryan defense. I will say it for the umpteeth time....Alex Carrington came in on Rex Ryan D and looked EVERY BIT as good as Mario did this season. What does that say about Mario WIllaims........does it matter if a player is super talented if he is a unmotivated locker room cancer? Hughes played with in 2015 but needs a player ont he side that gives a ****. I think the bills put a wide body in that allows Marcel to take on the 5 tech roll......if Richardson can do it so can Marcel.

• Rex's D needs penetrating and busy DT/NT. Dareus can be that because he is of all pro calibre. But it is not using him most effectively and where are we going to put Kyle Williams? He does not belong at NT. We are wasting a lot of talent converting the best talent to a scheme that does not suit them. The best players should be on the field.

Meatball back for one more year.......they will get him in there somewhere. THey missed him badly this past year.

• Our CB's next year will be tremendous because that's who they are. Rex will get credit, but they would succeed with Wannstadt or George Edwards or Karl Edwards or Karl Rove calling the shots.

It is also important to note that shut down corners are a lot of what make Rex Ryan's D go......and since we have very good ones....half the battle.

• Our Safeties in a Rex Ryan are going to be beaten, bruised and playing out of position. We already have Aaron Williams playing out of his natural position, though succeeding historically. He is not the best to be taking this shots to stop the run up the middle and quite frankly there is next to no shot we find a worthy SS in the draft. Not in this league, it takes too long for them to catch on. Those that do often take years or suddenly catch on.

Safeties in Rex Ryan D are interchangable.....and that is what makes the Blanton signing an effective one. Losing Williams last year hurt. Playing guys like Duke WIlliams who cant cover hurts the team.

Rex's dad made the 44 in order to put the best players on the field. Rex is taking a unit heavily designed for the 43 and making them a 34. That is because he doesn't know how to take the best talent he has and put them to use.

Yes now we are to belive that Rex Ryan doesnt know defense....its not like he has not had top 10 defenses in the past or anything.

So, yeah, I responded 26CB. This is what you have been asking for to people who try to burst your bubble of optimism. Well, burst my bubble of reality.

I think your bubble is pretty firmly set.....nobody is going to burst it.

If only you were the Bills' coach who knew how to design and run a successful defense at the NFL level. Your heroic attempt to defend nonsense does nothing to show that Rex Ryan's scheme is antiquated in today's NFL. Give it a rest because you failed. You should try to rescue someone who's worth it and next time try to understand what is being discussed since the question was not how best to deploy the talent on the Bills' defense.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

If the defense gets back to form, basically becomes a typical Rex defense, then they'll be a front-runner for the East. I'm not taking the Pats and Jets lightly, though. The good thing is that the Jets don't have a QB.

yes also happy to see Fitz might go to the Broncos and get a chance to get to the playoffs. Ill be rootin for the Amish rifle. Also cool to see RG3 get a job somewhere