NFL Execs say Bills should get moving on new stadium

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and then we can all do the golf clap after a late TD or field goal that secures a win. that is where the league is headed.

I'd rather bring my kids to a game with a bunch of golf clappers, than a bunch of drunken idiots which we've witnessed at the one game I took them to at the Ralph. I think we witnessed four fights in the end zone section and one of the guys decked the security guard when he tried to remove him. Oh yeah, very classy and family friendly environment the Ralph is (sarcasm).

I'd rather bring my kids to a game with a bunch of golf clappers, than a bunch of drunken idiots which we've witnessed at the one game I took them to at the Ralph. I think we witnessed four fights in the end zone section and one of the guys decked the security guard when he tried to remove him. Oh yeah, very classy and family friendly environment the Ralph is (sarcasm).

perhaps , the NFL game experience is not for you .. as it is .. not saying you arent right in your perception, .. but unfortunately as the saying goes there are always a few that wreck it for all. my point is that you will ultimately turn a Bills game into a night at FNC with the sabres where fans are looking at their phones and the place has all the atmosphere of a morgue..people go to a game for 3-5 hours to relax, tailgate, cheer their asses off. .. that element leaves when those people are priced out.

Edited by dwight in philly

You have to look at it from the team and league standpoint though. Do you think that they prefer people paying $70 a ticket and puking in the parking lot or $150 a ticket and golf clapping? Again, those are obvious extremes but it illustrates the point. It really doesn't matter what the guy who was choke slammed through the table prefers. It matters what the team and league prefer.

These are the Ultra-greedy NFL owners we're talking about. You know, the guys who won't pay their cheerleaders, force customers to buy PSLs, ask for volunteers to assemble and disassemble the stage for Super Bowl halftime show and wanted the halftime performers to pay them, etc. And also hid $100 Million from the NFLPA.

@JohnMurphyShow

My opinion: NFL stadiums worse than the #Bills=Oak, SD ,Jax, NO, Wash, Chi. Why do owners focus on Buffalo? Phone in 7pm 888-550-2550

Oakland and SD are known problems ...Washington looking in to another new stadium. Jax is a dump but they play in London every year so league leaves them alone. Superdome is old and Bears was renovated recently, correct?

Edited by nucci

I'm excited for a new stadium as a fan.

I've been to other venues, even ones as old as Heinz Field (which opened 15 years ago), and it's just a better place to watch a game.

The views are better, the seats are nicer, it's cleaner, more polished, the amenities are noticeable, etc.

And while FAs may not make a decision based on the stadium amenities, you can bet your bank account they make them based on the facilities, and a new stadium will come with an upgraded facility for certain.

I don't see it as bills fans don't have the money for tickets, etc at a new stadium. I think it's just how they choose to spend the money they do have. And I think many would choose to spend it on the Bills, as a general observation. Especially if they are good. Look how many bills fans travel to other stadiums to see road games. That is not cheap! Also I see so many spending money to go to Sabres games and I know they aren't as pricey but there are a lot more games. This is 8 per year. I think plenty of fans would budget money toward the experience. Again, it's all about your passion. Some people pour money into their house, some into travel, some into cars, some into kids sports/dance... I just see it as a choice. Sure some folks simply can't afford it but I look at it as those people probably weren't going to the games at the Ralph either.

Jmo

Bingo. They won't have trouble selling out what will probably be a smaller stadium, raised ticket prices or not. What is possible is that the jumping through tables, setting themselves on fire, boning between cars clientele might not have the same experience they are used to. Which would bring out a whole other type of crowd. I love the rock concert feel of the Ralph, but the future is coming and it might tamp down on it somewhat.

when the owners tell the Packers that they should start thinking about a new stadium, i will start paying attention.

Packers dropped hundred of millions in the retro-fitting of Lambeau.

Each team received $180 million last season from the NFL from national media, sponsorship and licensing deals, as well as a percentage of equally shared gate receipts.

Aug 2013

Teams like the Raiders and Buffalo Bills generate less than $20 million in sponsor revenue.

Top 10 stadiums by revenue 2008

Edited by ALF

Which then has to be split 32 ways... And then players/employers need to get paid... they need to pay other bills...

It's not like they just pocket all $12b.

I never suggested they did not have expenses against that revenue. However, now that you bring the subject up, player total salaries are capped by a CBA that the league agreed to, huge public funding support goes into stadiums and stadium operations and compared to many businesses there are few people needed to generate the revenue and their product is being taken global.

The point is that the league us run by uber wealthy people who are getting wealthier for their involvement in it. Nothing wrong with that from a capitalism perspective. However, the league is hardly capitalistic. They have a specific anti-trust exemption so they are free from competition and they get huge public subsidies in the form of stadiums and stadium operations support. Let the owners make their money but there should also be some recognition of the public trust between cities (regions), fans and the teams.

The Bills are not simply a business in WNY. They are a big part of the community and culture. Having an NFL team is not a right nor is holding cities hostage due to the threat of departure a right.

Bingo. They won't have trouble selling out what will probably be a smaller stadium, raised ticket prices or not. What is possible is that the jumping through tables, setting themselves on fire, boning between cars clientele might not have the same experience they are used to. Which would bring out a whole other type of crowd. I love the rock concert feel of the Ralph, but the future is coming and it might tamp down on it somewhat.

Packers dropped hundred of millions in the retro-fitting of Lambeau.

exactly!.. the route the Bills should pursue.

ROFL, give me a break.

Right, because no other NFL stadiums are used for anything other than NFL football.

I swear, some people refuse to think.

like what?? what other events??

Well, let's see...off the top of my head, I can come up with:

Concerts

Conventions

Other athletic events like track, soccer, college football

VIP tours

Motorcross

Pro Wrestling

Honestly, is this that wild a concept to you?