Best player, biggest bust and sleeper in the draft

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bosa was the consensus number 1 overall pick and is now still slated to go in the top 10. He will bust based on his draft position.

I disagree, draft position is important in this but someone who starts from the top ten is not a bust even if they are not a superstar. If they don't start overtime and our bouncing around the league is a bust.

I disagree, draft position is important in this but someone who starts from the top ten is not a bust even if they are not a superstar. If they don't start overtime and our bouncing around the league is a bust.

I agree actually and they had a good debate on this on WGR last off-season when CJ left. CJ was not a bust but equally he was not a "good pick". The two are different. Maybin was a bust. Whitner was a bad pick.

However, looking at your updated sig (and I always respect that you publically stick your neck on the line with how you'd draft) I actually think Dodd has a high bust potential. I don't see anything that he excels at. He is a solid all-round player but what is the one thing that is going to make him stand out at the NFL level? I think there is a chance he ends up bouncing around the league as a back up / rotational player. I'm still not mocking him in round one, I just can't believe he belongs there - but teams might take a different view to me.

You serious?

Yes. What's the definition of "sleeper". Is it a guy selected in the 4th round or later that is successful. Is 5th the cutoff? How about getting picked outside the first 150 players? It doesn't have a measurable, defined meaning, which basically means that people can define it however they want.

Yes. What's the definition of "sleeper". Is it a guy selected in the 4th round or later that is successful. Is 5th the cutoff? How about getting picked outside the first 150 players? It doesn't have a measurable, defined meaning, which basically means that people can define it however they want.

In all of professional sports, I think the general consensus of a sleeper pick is an under the radar pick that surprises everyone and becomes a great player. It's really not that complicated. And sleeper picks can be selected during any round of a draft. For example, even if Darby was selected in the 1st, he would have still been considered a sleeper pick.

I agree actually and they had a good debate on this on WGR last off-season when CJ left. CJ was not a bust but equally he was not a "good pick". The two are different. Maybin was a bust. Whitner was a bad pick.

However, looking at your updated sig (and I always respect that you publically stick your neck on the line with how you'd draft) I actually think Dodd has a high bust potential. I don't see anything that he excels at. He is a solid all-round player but what is the one thing that is going to make him stand out at the NFL level? I think there is a chance he ends up bouncing around the league as a back up / rotational player. I'm still not mocking him in round one, I just can't believe he belongs there - but teams might take a different view to me.

well I don't think Bosa will be a bust.

Who knows about Dodd, Honestly only saw him once, picked him because he fits the multiple front we are supposed to use.

Thanks, I take a lot flack for players I like but I like doing the mocks and can take the heat.

NFC scout: Cal's Jared Goff is 'another Jay Cutler'

"I'm just not crazy about him, not at all. He doesn't win. Show me a quarterback who didn't win in college, that did well up here? There aren't many. To me he's another Jay Cutler. And you can take that any way you want."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000646540/article/nfc-scout-cals-jared-goff-is-another-jay-cutler

well I don't think Bosa will be a bust.

Who knows about Dodd, Honestly only saw him once, picked him because he fits the multiple front we are supposed to use.

Thanks, I take a lot flack for players I like but I like doing the mocks and can take the heat.

Dodd is a boom or bust but the boom is that he could be the best pass rushing DL in this draft.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jayron Kearse went undrafted.

Average players regularly get over-hyped in the draft process but Kearse is just bad at playing safety.

Slow reactions, poor change of direction, ridiculous angles.......does look like a lost Rex DL running around in the secondary though so perhaps he is a scheme fit in Buffalo. :thumbsup:

Wouldn't surprise me if Nkemdiche fell until late in the draft.

Haven't seen any draftniks risk that opinion but he just completely stinks 95% of the time. Gets blocked and can't or won't do anything about it.

Factor in his very strange personality and entitled behavior.....why would a team in a league that won't even hire a similarly crazy potential 15 sack DE/OLB versatile talent like Greg Hardy draft Nkemdiche with an early pick? And in a good DL draft?

Edited by #BADOL

Best 1. Jalen Ramsey with Myles Jack a close second. Just re-watched the Florida St. v. Houston game and Ramsey was awesome and mean, even in a losing effort

Bust 1A. Darron Lee. An athlete but he really has no position in this league .

1B. Sheldon Rankins. Short and he is quick but no counter move.

1C Leonard Floyd. Such a thin frame. Can he really do much against NFL linemen ?

Sleeper: 1A. Devon Cajuste WR Stanford. Size hands and more than adequate speed.

1B Yannick Ngakoue OLB Maryland good size and strength. Hope he goes to a well coached team.

Best - Tunsil (1a) and Ramsey (1b)

Bust - Will Fuller (terribly over rated because of his combine 40 time)

Sleeper - Artie Burns (Ronald Darby w/longer arms and bigger hands, raw technique that is coachable and athleticism that is not.)

Dodd is a boom or bust but the boom is that he could be the best pass rushing DL in this draft.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jayron Kearse went undrafted.

Average players regularly get over-hyped in the draft process but Kearse is just bad at playing safety.

Slow reactions, poor change of direction, ridiculous angles.......does look like a lost Rex DL running around in the secondary though so perhaps he is a scheme fit in Buffalo. :thumbsup:

Wouldn't surprise me if Nkemdiche fell until late in the draft.

Haven't seen any draftniks risk that opinion but he just completely stinks 95% of the time. Gets blocked and can't or won't do anything about it.

Factor in his very strange personality and entitled behavior.....why would a team in a league that won't even hire a similarly crazy potential 15 sack DE/OLB versatile talent like Greg Hardy draft Nkemdiche with an early pick? And in a good DL draft?

I use draftek so I try to match guys up with their rankings.