Liberal Protests

B-Man

7 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Even if Obama had been born prior to Hawaii statehood he would still have been a natural citizen as Hawaii was a US territory prior to statehood.  Just like McCain was born in the Panama Canal Zone but was just as eligible to serve as President

McCain was born on a military base, thus American soil.

4 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

The one thing everyone seems to forget about the Obama birther thing and the non-release of his college transcripts is not that he was born in Kenya, but that purportedly put down Kenya as his home to get him admitted to an Ivy league school because his grades didn't warrant it.

Much like Warren insists she has some Cherokee in her. The universities are quick to use that data to show diversity in the ranks.

That would've been fine if Trump just said I want to see his application to see if he put down Kenya as his place of birth.  However, he said without evidence, "I heard he was a terrible student, terrible.  How does a bad student get into Columbia and then Harvard?  Right."  He failed to mention Obama happened to graduate magna cum laude from Harvard and was president of the Harvard Law Revue.  Even if you despise Obama, you do see how questioning the intelligence of a black person without evidence may be construed by some people as racist.  Correct?

14 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

That would've been fine if Trump just said I want to see his application to see if he put down Kenya as his place of birth.  However, he said without evidence, "I heard he was a terrible student, terrible.  How does a bad student get into Columbia and then Harvard?  Right."  He failed to mention Obama happened to graduate magna cum laude from Harvard and was president of the Harvard Law Revue.  Even if you despise Obama, you do see how questioning the intelligence of a black person without evidence may be construed by some people as racist.  Correct?

Review, not Revue.

It wasn't Gold Digging Sugarbabies of 1937 on Parade....

no question the descending smarts of recent Ivy Leaguers was Obama, George W Bush, Kerry, and lastly AlGore

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Even if you despise Obama, you do see how questioning the intelligence of a black person without evidence may be construed by some people as racist.  Correct?

Questioning the intelligence of a black person without evidence is a lot of things, but 'racist' isn't one of them.

Questioning the intelligence of a person because of their skin color is racist.

Anyone who can't tell the difference should shut their piehole.

Not you. I know you're smarter than that. I'm talking about the talking heads on social media who argue Trump is a racist because he questions the intelligence of black people: LeBron, Obama, Crazy Maxine Waters, etc. 

Except he questions of intelligence of everyone, regardless of skin color. To suggest he is racist for a cherry-picked stat is embarrassing and is the kind of lazy think that comes from people like Tibs, 34 or 26. Not professional journalists at CNN.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Questioning the intelligence of a black person without evidence is a lot of things, but 'racist' isn't one of them.

Questioning the intelligence of a person because of their skin color is racist.

Anyone who can't tell the difference should shut their piehole.

Not you. I know you're smarter than that. I'm talking about the talking heads on social media who argue Trump is a racist because he questions the intelligence of black people: LeBron, Obama, Crazy Maxine Waters, etc. 

Except he questions of intelligence of everyone, regardless of skin color. To suggest he is racist for a cherry-picked stat is embarrassing and is the kind of lazy think that comes from people like Tibs, 34 or 26. Not professional journalists at CNN.

I really didn't know that much about Trump when he started with the birthism thing with Obama and then questioning his intelligence and demanding his college records.  My first reaction when he questioned Obama's intelligence was, "Would he have used the same tactic if it was a white president?"  I didn't know at the time, but now it's pretty clear that he's an equal offender whether your white, black, Hispanic, male, female, etc...  Hell, he had old tweets praising Lebron for winning NBA titles.  He defended Mike Tyson in the early 90's.

My point is that I can certainly understand why people think he's racist if that was their first impression of him.  It helps explain why simple minded people like David Duke took a liking to him.  You then continue to find evidence to fit that narrative (a tweet questioning the intelligence of a black cable news host and a black superstar) that he is a racist whether you're a white supremacist or a Trump hater who is convinced he was a racist.  It's just a reason why I wish he would only use twitter not to insult people but to tout his accomplishments, send unifying messages to the country, endorse candidates, etc...  

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I really didn't know that much about Trump when he started with the birthism thing with Obama and then questioning his intelligence and demanding his college records.  My first reaction when he questioned Obama's intelligence was, "Would he have used the same tactic if it was a white president?"  I didn't know at the time, but now it's pretty clear that he's an equal offender whether your white, black, Hispanic, male, female, etc...  Hell, he had old tweets praising Lebron for winning NBA titles.  He defended Mike Tyson in the early 90's.

My point is that I can certainly understand why people think he's racist if that was their first impression of him.  It helps explain why simple minded people like David Duke took a liking to him.  You then continue to find evidence to fit that narrative (a tweet questioning the intelligence of a black cable news host and a black superstar) that he is a racist whether you're a white supremacist or a Trump hater who is convinced he was a racist.  It's just a reason why I wish he would only use twitter not to insult people but to tout his accomplishments, send unifying messages to the country, endorse candidates, etc...  

Dems attacked W as being stupid, then balked when the grades for Kerry and AlGore were requested to see how smart they were

hoist meet petard

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

My first reaction when he questioned Obama's intelligence was, "Would he have used the same tactic if it was a white president?"  I didn't know at the time, but now it's pretty clear that he's an equal offender whether your white, black, Hispanic, male, female, etc..

Evidently he would call white presidents stupid too.

"That was Bush. Another real genius. That was Bush," Trump joked. "That turned out to be wonderful intelligence. Great intelligence agency there."

He also pretty much pulled the same routine on "Pocohantes" who is also white.  He's an equal opportunity annihilator.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1