Liberal Protests

B-Man

9 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Free speech isn't free speech if you don't spew the usual leftist drivel.

I can't stand Alex Jones, but that doesn't mean he should be shut down. CNN is the worst, but that doesn't mean that their voices can't be heard. Get my drift?

I don't know much about the mid terms because I ain't political, but even with the lefts ridiculous rhetoric and violence.................. they have a good shot at taking over the house and the senate. And if that happens, WATCH OUT.

Dems have 25 or so of the 33 Senators on the hotplate, not a time to "pick up" more seats, mainly one to lose them

that means that 2020 or 2022 will have a disproportionate GOP incumbent field.

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Dems have 25 or so of the 33 Senators on the hotplate, not a time to "pick up" more seats, mainly one to lose them

that means that 2020 or 2022 will have a disproportionate GOP incumbent field.

Your response might as well have been in Chinese, cause I have no idea what you said due to my political stupidity.

?

11 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Your response might as well have been in Chinese, cause I have no idea what you said due to my political stupidity.

?

a senate term is 6 years, 100 senators, 2 from each US state

every 2 years 33 or 34 senators are up for re-election

this time around a very high proportion are Democratics Party Members, 25 or so

and basically that isn't a good thing because the only "change" is the GOP taking a few of them away

Just now, row_33 said:

a senate term is 6 years, 100 senators, 2 from each US state

every 2 years 33 or 34 senators are up for re-election

this time around a very high proportion are Democratics Party Members, 25 or so

and basically that isn't a good thing because the only "change" is the GOP taking a few of them away

For a Canadian you sure know American politics.

16 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I can't stand Alex Jones, but that doesn't mean he should be shut down.

He’s not being shut down. His content is being removed from privately owned platforms. People can still go to infowars.com if they want to see a roided out gorilla pander to conspiracy theories and jam ****ty supplements down their throat. 

2 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

He’s not being shut down. His content is being removed from privately owned platforms. People can still go to infowars.com if they want to see a roided out gorilla pander to conspiracy theories and jam ****ty supplements down their throat. 

Cool! So you'd be ok if twitter shut down Shaun King?

1 minute ago, gatorbait said:

Then why aren't conspiracy theorists like The Young Turks being shut down, who are EQUALLY as bad as Alex Jones?

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Then why aren't conspiracy theorists like The Young Turks being shut down, who are EQUALLY as bad as Alex Jones?

You aren’t getting it. This isn’t China where people are shut down from all platforms. Stations and companies pick what content they want to be shown. Blame the hypocrisy by media companies who have the Young Turks but don’t like Alex Jones. It’s their companies and they can do what they want.

Just now, joesixpack said:

And do you know why you're ok with it?

Because you know that even though he's a white-hating piece of ****, twitter never WILL shut him down because he's part of the orthodoxy.

You’re wrong. Anyone exhibiting hate speech or racist language should be removed (even racist views towards whites). Don’t forget I’m a straight white male so I’m the enemy to a lot of snowflakes out there. 

2 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

You aren’t getting it. This isn’t China where people are shut down from all platforms. Stations and companies pick what content they want to be shown. Blame the hypocrisy by media companies who have the Young Turks but don’t like Alex Jones. It’s their companies and they can do what they want.

You’re wrong. Anyone exhibiting hate speech or racist language should be removed (even racist views towards whites). Don’t forget I’m a straight white male so I’m the enemy to a lot of snowflakes out there. 

I fully got it.

From where I am standing............... it's the right wing content that is being shut down by these platforms, not leftist content.

You are right that they have the right to do whatever they please with their platforms, but they need to understand that there is half the country that are Republicans who use their platforms too.

Hate speech is hate speech no matter who it is. If they shut down the right, they should shut down the left too.

But I digress, I am not on any of these platforms anyways, so I really don't care, just pointing out the hypocrisy.

35 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

So, you really aren't Gleeful Gator?

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

https://www.infowars.com/dem-senator-demands-more-censorship-of-conservative-media/

The other side is preparing to do it.

Note that this isn't a private citizen speaking, this is a Senator. At what point does the right simply decide that we cannot allow this...by any means necessary?

There have been Democrats wanting to shut down Fox News & other conservative sites since at least 43's 1st term.   They were wrong then & unsuccessful.  They are wrong now & I expect will continue to be unsuccessful.

1 way they definitely will be unsuccessful is by beating those in government! or wishing to be there! who would censor the other side at the ballot box.

As for non-government platforms that shut 1/2 their audience down, that's an awful lot of customers to tick off.  A competitor will come along.  As said earlier, hopefully that/those competitors don't simply serve only conservatives (or whomeveris being shunned) but allow for a full range of ideas to be expressed on their platform.  Those should ultimately be the platforms that win.

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

There have been Democrats wanting to shut down Fox News & other conservative sites since at least 43's 1st term.   They were wrong then & unsuccessful.  They are wrong now & I expect will continue to be unsuccessful.

1 way they definitely will be unsuccessful is by beating those in government! or wishing to be there! who would censor the other side at the ballot box.

As for non-government platforms that shut 1/2 their audience down, that's an awful lot of customers to tick off.  A competitor will come along.  As said earlier, hopefully that/those competitors don't simply serve only conservatives (or whomeveris being shunned) but allow for a full range of ideas to be expressed on their platform.  Those should ultimately be the platforms that win.

I really wish I had your (and tasker's) idealism. Cynicism has taken a firm root in my mind, and it's awfully hard to overcome at times.

5 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I really wish I had your (and tasker's) idealism. Cynicism has taken a firm root in my mind, and it's awfully hard to overcome at times.

Wish you did too.  With your passion, you could probably be a great advocate.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Wish you did too.  With your passion, you could probably be a great advocate.

Maybe. Maybe if I didn't believe wealthy progressives (and conservatives for that matter) weren't calling the shots and using their money and influence to sway the ill-informed and their control of media platforms to squash the truth I could feel a bit more free. Maybe if I didn't see our elected officials bending over backwards to take these peoples' money, I could believe our system was just and correct.

But the sad fact is that no one in our government will stand up to this kind of corruption because they're part of it. It's why I'm currently so pro-trump. He didn't take the dollars from the billionaires, so he's not beholden to their needs.

It's why I believe ultimately, it's going to be on the people to overthrow this current system.