Liberal Protests

B-Man

Trump never said "the 2 sides are equivalent."

He didn't say "equivalent" and he didn't even say "2 sides."

He said "We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides."

But those who were pushing the "false equivalence" idea needed to rely on the idea that one side is bad and the other is good, and they needed to minimize antifa.

Now, the NYT admits the left has a violence problem. Good!

"You need violence in order to protect nonviolence. That’s what’s very obviously necessary right now...... :doh:

KURT SCHLICHTER ON THE DNC-MSM’S GREAT NAZI PANIC OF 2017:

The Great Nazi Panic of 2017 will
fade away when its sponsors realize that it’s not having the effect on the mass of the normal Americans they hoped for.
But that doesn’t mean it hasn’t caused grave damage. The establishment has, in its desperation to return to unchallenged supremacy, eagerly jettisoned its dedication to the concept of free speech. It might not work out the way they hope once there is a national arbiter of what may and may not be thought or spoken. After all, as we found out last November, the person you think is going to be wielding the power isn’t necessarily the person who you thought was going to be wielding the power.

Kurt wrote that yesterday; it dovetails remarkably well with the Washington Post’s insane proposition today that the left should walk away from the concept of free speech.

Incidentally, note the article’s conclusion:

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this article misidentified the group that marched in Skokie, Ill., in 1977. It was the American Nazi Party, not the Ku Klux Klan.

Layers and layers of fact checkers and editors hard at work once again – the version of the article quoted at the NewsBusters link above quotes from the author’s original imaginary 1977 KKK rally in Skokie.

Edited by B-Man

8c6e39feeaba9afb70ddf1d78a7f68359f1a6b3c

All right stop, Collaborate and listen

Antifa's back with our brand new intention

Trumped up news grabs a hold of me tightly

Then I flow like a buffoon daily and nightly

Will it ever stop? Yo -- I think so

When my mom makes spaghetti then I gotta go

If there was a problem, Yo, I'll solve it

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it

Ice Ice Baby Antifa, Ice Ice Baby Antifa

Ice Ice Baby Antifa, Ice Ice Baby Antifa

Now that the statue is slumping

Who decides free speech we'll we be the ones umpin'

Quick to the point, to the point no faking

I'm cooking amendments like a pound of bacon

Burning them, if they ain't quick and nimble

My whole brain would fit in a thimble

I was looking up something on 1984 and George Orwell and found this article, written back in 1984, that still seems relevant today.

http://www.nytimes.com/1984/01/01/nyregion/the-message-for-today-in-orwell-s-1984.html?pagewanted=all&mcubz=1

In our 1984, Big Brother will not conquer the world. However, the warnings of George Orwell are more than ever relevant. Oceania, Eurasia and Eastasia do not exist and Big Brother did not succeed in destroying individual thought. However, in a large part of our world, he did succeed, through the management of the news and the censorship of the written and spoken word, in severely impairing man's ability to think freely. Even in the free world, many maintain, inroads have been made: commercial interests try to doctor the news and sometimes succeed, elected officials are tempted to misrepresent the truth, Government agencies attempt to and sometimes do invade the privacy of the individuals, and military leaders feel compelled to hide some of their activities.