Liberal Protests

B-Man

Today is supposed to be the day Antifa hits the streets to “resist” the “Trump/Pence Regime,” whatever the hell that’s supposed to mean.

DNxMWwQVAAABQ9D.jpg

Protests are scheduled to take place all across the nation.

DNwgrVbWkAA0WJk.jpg

On 11/5/2017 at 3:11 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Considering the amount of billionaires just swept up in the Out House of Saud, makes me wonder if someone's funding did indeed get cut off... 

If the Hillary Foundation took in mega-millions and she can't deliver on 1% of promises made, this is upsetting the apple cart something fierce.

Yeah, I have sympathy for these people, and have some friends that veer towards this kind of desperation. But when they try to alter society (it sounds overly dramatic, but it's the only description that fits) in some desperate attempt to feel acceptance, I have to resist their efforts. 

Edited by OJABBA

On 11/13/2017 at 12:00 AM, OJABBA said:

Yeah, I have sympathy for these people, and have some friends that veer towards this kind of desperation. But when they try to alter society (it sounds overly dramatic, but it's the only description that fits) in some desperate attempt to feel acceptance, I have to resist their efforts. 

I tend to feel the way you do about this. It is just that folks don't initially react with that sentiment in mind. I wouldn't, if I was the gun shop owner. Helping people like that out is a place we need, as a society, needs to lean towards. The vast majority (those at the bottom) of radicals come from depair, loneliness, and poverty. 

Edited by Paulus

22 hours ago, OJABBA said:

Haha, you know this happens every day in small towns across the country. It's a cry for help.

21 hours ago, Paulus said:

An accurate, sad, and depressing reality. It is easy to point and laugh, but to actually help the guy/gal is a whole different subject. 

What that person's problem is, is that he/she is a jerk. I know two people who have transitioned , and a very good friend is a transvestite, and all three of them are not only very cool people, but quite stable - nothing like that idiot in the video. In fact, I didn't even hear any mention in the dialogue (but I may have missed it) about that jerk being a trans.

In good, old fashioned parlance, were I to employ an epithet to describe that person, I'd go with the tried-and-true "bull dyke".

3 hours ago, Azalin said:

What that person's problem is, is that he/she is a jerk. I know two people who have transitioned , and a very good friend is a transvestite, and all three of them are not only very cool people, but quite stable - nothing like that idiot in the video. In fact, I didn't even hear any mention in the dialogue (but I may have missed it) about that jerk being a trans.

In good, old fashioned parlance, were I to employ an epithet to describe that person, I'd go with the tried-and-true "bull dyke".

Actually, I wasn't really referring directly to anyone's gender, or "transitioners", but to people that act out like this guy/girl did. Every small town has someone like this roaming around, making a nuisance of themselves.

I think there are lots of losers who see Antifa, or adopting a "radical" stance on some issues, as an outlet for their sad, pathetic self hatred, and fuel it with their bitterness.

I'm fine with people being losers, just don't take it out on the rest of us, and try to change society in a desperate attempt to put yourself in the Winner's Circle. It begs for resistance.

I'm sure I could have  worded this more gently....nah.

Edited by OJABBA

4 hours ago, OJABBA said:

Actually, I wasn't really referring directly to anyone's gender, or "transitioners", but to people that act out like this guy/girl did. Every small town has someone like this roaming around, making a nuisance of themselves.

I think there are lots of losers who see Antifa, or adopting a "radical" stance on some issues, as an outlet for their sad, pathetic self hatred, and fuel it with their bitterness.

I'm fine with people being losers, just don't take it out on the rest of us, and try to change society in a desperate attempt to put yourself in the Winner's Circle. It begs for resistance.

I'm sure I could have  worded this more gently....nah.

So when you said " Yeah, I have sympathy for these people, and have some friends that veer towards this kind of desperation" you were referring to antifa tendencies, not anything else?

37 minutes ago, Azalin said:

So when you said " Yeah, I have sympathy for these people, and have some friends that veer towards this kind of desperation" you were referring to antifa tendencies, not anything else?

I was referring to ****ed up people that go around posing as "radicals" as an excuse to be obnoxious, and noting that every small town has people like this, pestering others in a desperate cry for attention.

How's that?

Edited by OJABBA

9 hours ago, OJABBA said:

I was referring to ****ed up people that go around posing as "radicals" as an excuse to be obnoxious, and noting that every small town has people like this, pestering others in a desperate cry for attention.

How's that?

Not terribly convincing,  but it'll work.

• 2 weeks later...

CAITLIN JOHNSTONE: Fascism Came To America Wrapped In A Rainbow Flag And Wearing A Pussyhat.

But it’s a quote from a bygone age. Christianity and flag-waving patriotism still hold value in red states, but they’ve become largely invisible to the major culture factories of New York and Los Angeles, and thus to the dominant culture of the greater United States. If fascism came to America wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross today, it wouldn’t have enough broad public support to implement its agendas, because crosses and flags don’t hold that much sway over America’s dominant value system. In order to rope in those who don’t value the old cultural value symbols, something more is needed.

So when fascism came to America, it came wrapped in a rainbow flag, and wearing a pussyhat.

Yeah, pretty much. And calling itself “anti-fascism.”